• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese Kung fu vs Muay Thai results out 4-1

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
you wanna explain and teach such high quality topics to a bunch of sinkie wimps here, you need lots and lots of patience. GOod luck with that. For me, i just makes things simple and tell them that they dun understand.

muay thai lose say lose lah CB kia tonychat:biggrin:

dun try to talk cock:oIo::oIo:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZNRXCHrIHM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SZNRXCHrIHM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

angry_one

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no impartial way to determine which martial art is better - you can only prove which PRACTITIONER is better. A fighter with 10 year's training or a good master in his art, will easily beat another with less experience. And even if both fighters spend the same years training, you have to look at how often they train. Some train 2-3 times a week, some train 3-4 hours a day...

Plus of course, the rules in competition are very different in a real fight. It's like being exam smart VS street smart. Many martial art schools today train you to win contests.... but you'll suck in a real fight.

limpeh2

Alfrescian
Loyal
seriously speaking, muay (aka mui - girl) thai only good for slapping around thai trannies & whores, lah. the only time "mui" thai looks convincing fighting a guy is in street fighter's sagat.
otherwise it's completely useless.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bruce Lee was the invincible best, but he alone couldn't represent all of Chinese martial arts. Regrettably, he also died too young for his school to develop into anything sizeably mainstream or considerably orthodox.

Japanese martial arts, e.g. karate, judo, kendo etc. are very structurally organized and practitionally discliplined. Thai martial art is very focused on kick-boxing, i.e. Muay Thai. Chinese schools of martial arts have never been organised or focused. Bruce Lee incorporated many styles to make himself practically invincible (in unarmed combat) but it added to the confusion and disorganisation in Chinese martial arts.

As for me, non-combative, non-competitive but just in self-defence, the most effective style is the coffeeshop hooligan style. Grab any chair or beer bottle available, defend and counter-attack with guts to to save my life. Fighting style or school has nothing to do with it.