• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese (Asian) used to have most creativity and inventions in the world... BUT NOW?!

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Chinese (Asian) used to have most creativity and inventions in the world... BUT N

Some here are just trying to goad reaction from forummers and being a pin in the cushion, after all it is cyberspace.

Some will post a picture condemming, but when given a reply they either kept quiet or they try to twist and turn, it is a given.

There are country who are good at talking, twisting and turning, they can talk till dead come back to live, but at the end of the day they cannot deliver it is in their blood they are the best BS.

Relax why let them get under your skin, knowing they are full of BS.....:smile:

Well you know it's funny. Like where's the underlying reason for some of these idiots to actually be offended? What exactly does a minority in singapore suffer from exactly? He doesn't have any grounds to be truly offended. The worst thing he faces is ppl not speaking his own native tongue but that's not a big deal since most sinkies speak a common language called english. Even as a minority they can choose to hang out amongst themselves without even interacting with the majority and nobody would chide them for it. They have no grounds to even feel offended.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Chinese (Asian) used to have most creativity and inventions in the world... BUT N

how big a contribution the Chinese people made to mankind over the last 300 to 1000 years.. ie. if the Chinese don't invent paper, printing.., the western world wouldn't have progressed.

I am Chinese too but let's be objective here.

The ancient Egyptians (part of Western Civilisation in its antiquity) used papyrus for recording historical events.

The West would have gotten around to inventing a form of paper, produced for the masses, some way or another even without utilizing the Chinese invention. It was just a matter of time but the Chinese got there first.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am Chinese too but let's be objective here.

The ancient Egyptians (part of Western Civilisation in its antiquity) used papyrus for recording historical events.

The West would have gotten around to inventing a form of paper, produced for the masses, some way or another even without utilizing the Chinese invention. It was just a matter of time but the Chinese got there first.

If you want to follow this line of argument then you could say without whites if white ppl didn't even exist china during the qing dynasty would have modernized and even invented everything we have today that europeans supposedly invented. Make no mistake about this. I am sure chinese civilization is capable of going thru the industrial age, then globalization all without european intervention.

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

I would challenge bros here to abstain from using Made in China products for one month to see if you can live without the Chinese.

For a start, switch off your iPhones, maybe your Android phones as well. And anything that has a rare earth in it, basically almost all electronics. I believe you would probably have to live like Henry Thoreau at Walden Pond.

The Chinese who made these products were nothing but robots working under the management, instruction and supervision of western companies.

How one could fail to see the difference between made in china and designed/originated/invented in china is unbelievable.

People like you are the reason China had more than half a millennium of intellectual, societal and scientific stagnation.

Proud of an empty achievement.... Pui!

Last edited:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

If you want to follow this line of argument then you could say without whites if white ppl didn't even exist china during the qing dynasty would have modernized and even invented everything we have today that europeans supposedly invented. Make no mistake about this. I am sure chinese civilization is capable of going thru the industrial age, then globalization all without european intervention.

And I agree. But the Europeans achieved it first and had the foresight to use their technological superiority to cement their position as the masters of the world. You could say that they monopolized modernity and the future world.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The Chinese who made these products were nothing but robots working under the management, instruction and supervision of western companies.

How one could fail to see the difference between made in china and designed/originated/invented in china is unbelievable.

People like you are the reason China had more than half a millennium of intellectual and scientific stagnation.

I beg to differ. The stagnation only occured during the cultural revolution.

How can you even use modern china made products as an example? :rolleyes: Let's be objective and go back to the original topic. If whites didn't intervene i believe china would have modernized pretty well. Yup. That is correct. This is what we were talking about. You claim if the chinese didn't invent gun powder and paper somehow whites would have managed to somehow create those from the egyptians whom fyi aren't a part of western civilization. Now that is a very very big assumption on your part but you are so damn cock sure about it. Yet when i counter you on my own assumption somehow that's unacceptable to you and you use today's china as a guideline to judge how the china of that era was like. :rolleyes: Then to say that all because i made that assumption i am somehow responsible for intellectual stagnation in china for 500 yrs? :rolleyes: So in other words i need to bow down and accept western superiority and claim that the chinese actually played in part in contributing to the world and their contributions count for naught? Sounds like pure BS.

Back to this so called 500 yrs of intellectual and scientific stagnation. Care to show case in what way did they stagnate? For all the supposed technological advantages the western powers had it still took around 8 of them to combine efforts to defeat china. That's not a very fair fight. Might i add they also played in a dirty manner.

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think most of us or even all of us here are Chinese. then why are we quarrel on this? i know Chinese from China actually got a lot of anti social behavior. i am well aware of Chinese history and culture.

i will still use the same four words. 民智未开. in fact, it describe us too.

we are under heavy influence of western culture and under AhLeeBaBa and he is a OrangCinaBukanCina so we are not so Chinese in term of culture after all.

i just hope that as a Chinese we can follow what 孔夫子 teaching 修身 齐家 治国 平天下. that is good enough. thank you.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

And I agree. But the Europeans achieved it first and had the foresight to use their technological superiority to cement their position as the masters of the world. You could say that they monopolized modernity and the future world.

Hey no offence but i'll say no shit sherlock to this statement which means you merely stated the obvious. Let's put this in context. The reason why i brought that up was to counter your own assumption that the western powers would somehow have gotten on fine if the chinese did not invent gunpowder or paper and mind you that was your own assumption. There's no way you could have actually have predicted how it would have turned out but you had no problems stating it matter-of-factly like they would have managed fine. I thus followed your line of reasoning and countered chinese civilization would have done the same.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roman And China Trade Routes

342TradeRoutes.gif

Oh yeah but both entities are known as china. Make no mistake about that you asshole. PRC has the word china in it. It's just like how italy didn't exist during roman times but guess what italian history includes roman history.

Chin is in Wades and Qin in Hanyu Pinyin. Chin or Cheena is now China. I think ROC still uses Wades. Only we, Sinkies are using PRC's format.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

i think most of us or even all of us here are Chinese. then why are we quarrel on this? i know Chinese from China actually got a lot of anti social behavior. i am well aware of Chinese history and culture.

i will still use the same four words. 民智未开. in fact, it describe us too.

we are under heavy influence of western culture and under AhLeeBaBa and he is a OrangCinaBukanCina so we are not so Chinese in term of culture after all.

i just hope that as a Chinese we can follow what 孔夫子 teaching 修身 齐家 治国 平天下. that is good enough. thank you.

I definitely concur sinkies are heavily influenced by western culture and it's not here but worldwide mostly due to american influence and not just chinese but all other races. What i want to show is you don't need to kiss their ass. Give you an example. There are large numbers of muslims migrating to european countries but they actually demand these european countries accede to their demands and their customs and their religion. It is perfectly clear that these muslims are inferior in more ways than one but they aren't ashamed of that are they? They are so successful in promoting their religion that actually worked in ancient times but not in modern times but still that so called modern europeans actually bend over backwards to accomodate them instead.

If those muslims were so beta like the forummers here kissing their ass i can assure you they would not have gotten such a strong foothold in europe. Other races and people that have accomplished less than the chinese are proud of their own culture and even make the whites respect them yet some fucking chinese from a better culture are so beta even though they come from a better culture still bend over backwards and act so beta.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Skin Tones Do Matter

There are hundreds of products on the market for whitening dark skin, some contain dangerously high levels of hydroquinone, others have proven effective, but leave the skin with an appearance of severe skin damage.

The discussion here is to attempt to ensure skin whitening is done safely and the long term effects of creams that burn and scar the skin are taken laid squarely on the table.

I see. It is not surprising that chemicals can do harm to you in the long run. But, that reminds me of the late Michael Jackson. He looked freaky.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'll give you that one thing i hate about chinese culture is the level of betaness it has produced in some of the people. You don't see that in other inferior cultures. Take black africans that never really invented much stand with their head tall and proud and fight with the whites. It's even racist to tell blacks for example that their ancestors didn't invent much at all. They don't feel one bit shy at all that historically their people are the least advanced of all races. Yet they are worshipped the most in today's world. Usain bolt, michael jordan all the hip hop and black movie stars gain more respect than chinese celebs. That's called being alpha. Ang mohs still respect ppl that are alpha mind you and they actually respect the ah tiong pla soldier that doesn't even speak a word of english rather than the bloody chinese dog sinkie that tries to put on some fake ang moh accent and has an extensive english vocab.

It's the same with the middle eastern muslims and the natives like malays and so on all proud of their cultures even if it's not much. Chinese culture is much much more than that but you have a bunch of beta chinese dogs that are busy kissing everyone else's ass.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Papyrus = Thin Sheet Of Wood ?

papyrusspecimen.gif

But, I think the papyrus wasn't white. Chinese ones were white. They bleached it. So, writing on a papyrus is like writing on a thin piece of wood ?

papyrus_66a.gif

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I definitely concur sinkies are heavily influenced by western culture and it's not here but worldwide mostly due to american influence and not just chinese but all other races. What i want to show is you don't need to kiss their ass. Give you an example. There are large numbers of muslims migrating to european countries but they actually demand these european countries accede to their demands and their customs and their religion. It is perfectly clear that these muslims are inferior in more ways than one but they aren't ashamed of that are they? They are so successful in promoting their religion that actually worked in ancient times but not in modern times but still that so called modern europeans actually bend over backwards to accomodate them instead.

If those muslims were so beta like the forummers here kissing their ass i can assure you they would not have gotten such a strong foothold in europe. Other races and people that have accomplished less than the chinese are proud of their own culture and even make the whites respect them yet some fucking chinese from a better culture are so beta even though they come from a better culture still bend over backwards and act so beta.

i concur that. i am proud to be a Chinese and the culture. if they want to bend and kiss others ass, i can't stop them. they want to feel ashame of own culture, i can't stop them too. what i can tell them is

养不教,父之过。教不严,师之惰。子不学,非所宜。幼不学,老何为。 玉不琢,不成器。人不学,不知义。为人子,方少时。亲师友,习礼仪。

</pre>hope they can understand what i'm saying.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Papyrus = Thin Sheet Of Wood ?

But, I think the papyrus wasn't white. Chinese ones were white. They bleached it. So, writing on a papyrus is like writing on a thin piece of wood ?

Check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper

It says the word paper is derived etymologically from papyrus which is referring to that plant yet the invention of paper is attributed to the chinese. Right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Inventions

Later, Karl Marx also commented that, "Gunpowder, the compass, and the printing press were the three great inventions which ushered in bourgeois society. Gunpowder blew up the knightly class, the compass discovered the world market and founded the colonies, and the printing press was the instrument of Protestantism and the regeneration of science in general; the most powerful lever for creating the intellectual prerequisites."[10]

Western books and other published works from the 19th century onwards attributed these inventions to China. Examples include: The Chautauquan by the Chautauqua Institution,[11] The Journal of International Relations,[12] and Johnson's New universal cyclopædia: a scientific and popular treasury of useful knowledge.[13]

The ang mohs actually attributed it to china and china did not toot their own horn. It's a good thing cos if chinese dogs here were the ones writing it they would say the west was responsible for everything. :rolleyes:

Anyway one more thing we need to correct here is that egyptian society was not considered a part of european society at all. How could it be when it's located in africa not europe. The person that wrote that must have watched some hollywood produced movie like cleopatra for eg. Following his logic i can declare japanese history as part of chinese history cos japanese ppl look like chinese ppl. :rolleyes: I wonder why ppl wouldn't agree with my conclusion but somehow some ppl would agree that egyptian civilization a part of western civilization all cos they sort of looked european. :rolleyes:

Liquigas

Alfrescian
Loyal

Without Western inventions, we will still be living in a world without computers, telephones, motor cars, air-conditioning, piped water system....etc etc

roadrunner

Alfrescian
Loyal

..It says the word paper is derived etymologically from papyrus which is referring to that plant yet the invention of paper is attributed to the chinese. Right here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Great_Inventions

Aiyoh.. Jah & Conqueror, you guys talking about the Chinese white paper is it? I think both of you must be quite young becos if you were around in the 60s/70s you would have seen this in the Chinese shops http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xuan_paper also known as Rice Paper. I remember those Samsui women & illiterate labourers would pay the letter writers outside temples to write letters for them to send back to China, the really old ones used rice paper & ink.

I think Papyrus reed plant can only be found in the Nile delta area & not in China. Don't believe everything you read on Wiki, some are not 100% accurate.. but then that's the beauty of the Internet:wink:

king_of_abalone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Jah, go study your USA bachelor degree again. I am sure Western Civ, a history course, was part of a compulsory capstone/liberal arts component in your bachelor degree, as all American bachelor degrees do.

Egypt was part of the Hellenic empire that gave birth to Western Civ.

Egyptian civilisation, which started much earlier than the Greek civ, was an important foundation in the formative years of Western civilisation.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal

养不教,父之过。教不严,师之惰。子不学,非所宜。幼不学,老何为。 玉不琢,不成器。人不学,不知义。为人子,方少时。亲师友,习礼仪。

There is a fundamental flaw with the Confucianist train of thought. It is all fine and dandy if everyone behaves as per what is taught. But what if the other party or parties do not behave similarly and instead tries to take advantage of you? It is stupid to continue to behave like gentlemen when that happens. Sometimes aggression is absolutely necessary to safeguard your interests. As it is important not to learn without thinking, the same can be said for behaving as well. Blindly sticking to a prescribed way of behaviour without flexibility is the height of stupidity.