• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Child's foot got caught in MRT escalator

virtualchick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just now at Ang Mo Kio MRT on the way home, there was a commotion at the escalator. I visualise a child being held by her mother, and at the base of the escalator saw a space between the bristle brushes, and decided to stick his foot into the space between the bristle brush and the moving escalator. Somehow maybe he was wearing plastic or rubber slippers, got caught and drawn in, and he could not withdraw in time or slow response and his foot got caught. I can still see the blood stain on the escalator.

I think there are three issues that gave rise to the above situation:

1 Child is playful. Seeing the space he just put his foot there to drag.

2 Wearing cheap/old slippers that somehow got in and drew him in too

3 Escalator sensor not sensitive enough to stop in time to prevent injury.

I think this incident is worse that other incidents like train delays because delays only cause inconvenience, this causes pain. And this is not the first time this has happened.

Is there a way to child proof the escalator?

I was thinking about it because the child crying while in pain is really hard to hear.

Here are some suggestions:

1 Remove the brush thistles. It will remove the temptation for the child to place the foot there to slide and get caught.

2 Educate the public. This must be made known so that people with children will be extra careful and take note.

3 Change the escalator design by building metal safeguards so that such an incident will not happen again.

4 Make the escalator sensor more sensitive so that the moment something gets caught it stops

What do you think.

1sickpuppy II

Alfrescian
Loyal
No the 1st time and it won't be the last. Still remember my days in station ops in orchard station this ah neh woman sari kana caught at the escalator and the next thing u see an ugly, half naked ah neh bitch screaming and demanding that SMRT pay her back her expansive sari.

Asura

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No the 1st time and it won't be the last. Still remember my days in station ops in orchard station this ah neh woman sari kana caught at the escalator and the next thing u see an ugly, half naked ah neh bitch screaming and demanding that SMRT pay her back her expansive sari.
That will be the consequences of bao bak chan.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh please, don't child proof this and child proof that.

Because of mollycoddling cunts like you,

playgrounds turned from this:

sing-playgrounds_GALLERY02.jpg

to this:

3722573313_ffc3001697.jpg

I have no love for SMRT, but how about you TEACH your kid to use the escalator properly? It shouldn't be any harder than teaching your kid how to use the toilet or how to ride a bicycle.

God damn it.