• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam See Tong retiring n handing Potong Pasir to Desmond Lim

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
It only come to our attention that Mr Chiam See Tong will be retiring by the next general election and his anointed successor to take over him as MP for Potong Pasir and party Secretary-General is Mr Desmond Lim after we visited the Sinagpore People's Party's homepage in preparation for our weekly political blogs' ranking.

As we felt this is an important matter which netizens ought to know, we have taken the liberty to write to Mr Desmond Lim to publish his facebook account and Mr Chiam's testimony of him so that you may get to know him better.

Below is an exchange of emails consisting of our request and his acquiescence:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/20...-desmond-lim-to-publish-his-facebook-account/

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whoever opposition members took over CST, potong pasir will forever remain in the hand of opposition party. The last election we see how joyous the residents there were when PAP did not win. People there still hate PAP to the core. Hougang is out of the question, it is deemed "walkover" by LTK. This issue aside, two GRCs will fall at least. I forsee Aljunied GRC, AMK GRC and lily Neo residents have lso lost their confidence in PAP too. After the demise of JBJ, Tg Pagar will probably fall into Reform Party hand and that old fart will leave eye open. It will be an exciting moment in history I can't wait to witness and most likely the retarded LHL will entertain us again with his "fixing" & "sueing". I am counting down...

zack123

Alfrescian
Loyal
It only come to our attention that Mr Chiam See Tong will be retiring by the next general election and his anointed successor to take over him as MP for Potong Pasir and party Secretary-General is Mr Desmond Lim after we visited the Sinagpore People's Party's homepage in preparation for our weekly political blogs' ranking.

As we felt this is an important matter which netizens ought to know, we have taken the liberty to write to Mr Desmond Lim to publish his facebook account and Mr Chiam's testimony of him so that you may get to know him better.

Below is an exchange of emails consisting of our request and his acquiescence:

http://wayangparty.wordpress.com/20...-desmond-lim-to-publish-his-facebook-account/

Somehow that is the problem with the opposition, their candidates are low profile. Its good to see that CST's successor to start marketing his image early. Hopefully the transition from CST to DS will be smooth and the PP are happy with the new man.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potong Pasir is up for grabs!

The best case scenario is RP or WP* grab the seat. In this case, SPP will die a natural death, there will be less opposition parties. Oh, SDP? They will cease to exist if Ass Loong demand payment.

* Not that WP is good - just look at their track record, all LTK care is his $300,000 salary and fat pension. If LTK habis, then let WP die a natural death too. Singapore needs political parties that are proactive - not the present SPP or WP. After all these years, you know what SPP and WP can do for Singapore. Too quiet, collect salary only.

Summerbee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Potong Pasir is up for grabs!

* Not that WP is good - just look at their track record, all LTK care is his $300,000 salary and fat pension. If LTK habis, then let WP die a natural death too. Singapore needs political parties that are proactive - not the present SPP or WP. After all these years, you know what SPP and WP can do for Singapore. Too quiet, collect salary only.

LTK never have a $300,000 salary, neither does he has a pension, not least a fat pension. "After all these years" the political knowledge of my countrymen is still amazing.

fanta

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK never have a $300,000 salary, neither does he has a pension, not least a fat pension.

By the time LTK retire, you can bet on your arse that he will get a fat pension. What does he care?

Annual salary of MP (2007 estimates) = S$245,000 + bonuses + benefits + town council benefits = S$300,000

See why LTK and CST has been quiet all this while :biggrin:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whoever opposition members took over CST, potong pasir will forever remain in the hand of opposition party. The last election we see how joyous the residents there were when PAP did not win. People there still hate PAP to the core. Hougang is out of the question, it is deemed "walkover" by LTK. This issue aside, two GRCs will fall at least. I forsee Aljunied GRC, AMK GRC and lily Neo residents have lso lost their confidence in PAP too. After the demise of JBJ, Tg Pagar will probably fall into Reform Party hand and that old fart will leave eye open. It will be an exciting moment in history I can't wait to witness and most likely the retarded LHL will entertain us again with his "fixing" & "sueing". I am counting down...

Which parallel universe you writing from?

Potong Pasir will go back to PAP the moment Chiam steps down. It's not opposition, it's Chiam.

Hougang will ultimately go back to PAP when Low steps down. Again it's not WP, it's Low.

AMK GRC? TP GRC? Dream on. The 35% in AMK is the best they'll ever do.

Aljunied GRC? Maybe if their team remained intact and they replaced their uneducated Malay candidate with someone of at least Goh Meng Seng's calibre. But the whole team has disintegrated, with only Sylvia Lim and the uneducated Malay left behind. Now Sylvia will probably even lose her NCMP seat in the next election.

Earth calling myfoot. Earth calling myfoot. Come in myfoot.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK never have a $300,000 salary, neither does he has a pension, not least a fat pension. "After all these years" the political knowledge of my countrymen is still amazing.

i m glad u realised how gullible many here can be easily being misled, exploited or FLIRT&DESTROY by simple "tricks or treats".:p

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
i m glad u realised how gullible many here can be easily being misled, exploited or FLIRT&DESTROY by simple "tricks or treats".:p

No wonder people insult you. Go check out LTK's MP's salary. Go check out LTK's town council (full time) chairman's salary.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
No wonder people insult you. Go check out LTK's MP's salary. Go check out LTK's town council (full time) chairman's salary.

people would love to insult nice people. aren't u one of the nicest one also kena insulted regularly?

chinchai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those people who keep defending LTK:

Can we get LTK to post his income tax return to proof he earned bery little... guaranteed at least $250K plus bonus.

depeche

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those people who keep defending LTK:

Can we get LTK to post his income tax return to proof he earned bery little... guaranteed at least $250K plus bonus.

If LTK could made this amount as income then i believed it's a good sign that opposition also can made it in the parliament...we need more!!!

guavatree

Alfrescian
Loyal
people would love to insult nice people. aren't u one of the nicest one also kena insulted regularly?

no need to insult you also up lorry soon .... LOL

bob1bx3.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With due respect to Desmond Lim, I think that the likes of Steve Chia or Chia Ti Lik or Goh Meng Sengwould be better choices for defending Potong Pasir for the opposition camp. However, alas, the opposition doesn't function as a camp with a common cause.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who are you to criticize Desmond Lim ? Don't forget you are a mere ordinary WP member. WP big f**K issit, can go around criticizing other opposition ?

Desmond Lim may be low-profile on a national level, but he is well-known in Potong Pasir.

Shut your big fat mouth up if you have nothing constructive to say.

No wonder WP members are so HATED within the opposition camp. Even a nobody like you likes to go around lecturing others.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's good that CST has chosen to retire this way. It's a good ending - being PP incumbent opposition MP for 20+ years, winning 6 tough successive elections after 3 failed attempts. He was an inspiration to all opposition supporters. He needn't risk his legacy by contesting the next GE and possibly losing. That would spoil it all.

Now, if he can get that Desmond Lim elected in his fiefdom, that would be great.

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is a good idea, but I doubt LOW will dare to reveal the truth.

While he stayed in a posh bungaLOW, Hougang residents have to live in SLUMS !!!