• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chiam: Not appropriate to compare town councils' performance

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
I THANK Mr Tan Kam Weng ('Things have changed in Potong Pasir - for the worse', last Wednesday) for his comments and feedback, and Mr Liew Kai Khiun ('Little evidence of significant decline in Potong Pasir', last Thursday) for his positive and encouraging comments.

Potong Pasir Town Council has been engaging competent contractors for all estate maintenance work and our team of estate officers is always there to ensure that the work is carried out effectively.

I am not surprised at the rankings in the Town Council Management Report (TCMR), which was published in the media. It is not at all appropriate to compare the performances of the town councils as the profile and age of the properties are totally different. There is also an inequality in the funds granted among the town councils and the improvement works carried out by the Government.

Potong Pasir is a mature estate where the blocks are 25 to 35 years old. Constant efforts are being made using our available resources to maintain the estate as best as possible.

Our lift maintenance company was already replacing some of the automatic rescue devices during the reporting period of the TCMR. Anyway, there were no issues concerning this matter. I categorically state that all the automatic rescue devices in our estate are working and in serviceable condition. Potong Pasir residents need not worry about it.

With regard to arrears as reported by the TCMR, we do make provisions for doubtful debts due to the unfavourable economic condition in Singapore, by allowing residents to pay by instalments on compassionate grounds.

It is not our policy to write off the debts just for the sake of making our report look good. Our approach of collection is systematic, practical and, when required, we have taken the necessary steps to recover the dues.

I have been managing Potong Pasir Town Council for the last 25 years as diligently as I can and will continue to do my best.

Chiam See Tong
MP for Potong Pasir &
Chairman of Potong Pasir Town Council

Thumbs up for Chiam!

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With regard to arrears as reported by the TCMR, we do make provisions for doubtful debts due to the unfavourable economic condition in Singapore, by allowing residents to pay by instalments on compassionate grounds.

I have been managing Potong Pasir Town Council for the last 25 years as diligently as I can and will continue to do my best.

The two statement above is already a cut above the rest.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
>>I have been managing Potong Pasir Town Council for the last 25 years as diligently as I can and will continue to do my best.<<

On the other hand, one can argue that 25 years on the job and still lousy results only mean something

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Thumbs up for Chiam!

hi there

1. honest, if want to make some comparison, why "cherry-picking"!
2. why not compare the investments of tc's sinking funds with pp or hougang too? such as minibonds and leimens bro!
3. now, this is what i call "performance" man!

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi there

1. honest, if want to make some comparison, why "cherry-picking"!
2. why not compare the investments of tc's sinking funds with pp or hougang too? such as minibonds and leimens bro!
3. now, this is what i call "performance" man!
Don't forget who conducted this report? It is Marlboro Tan, he needs to suck Old Goat's and Pinky's cock to get back in favour since he is probably the most unpopular Minister of National Development in the history of Singapore.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
that is why i say even if desmond or lina contest here against seetoh or GCT or LKY or LHL,,,, who comes who die against SPP

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal
But seriously, its time for him to pass the baton and spend more time with his family :smile:
Thing is, I am not sure whether he has any suitable successor with the same calibre as him in SPP. It is a known fact that SPP merely relies on Chiam's good work to pull in the votes. I am sure every aging man will want to spend his golden years with his family.

But the problem lies whether there are any suitable successor. And whether this successor can hold the fort against PAP as well as him. Not to forget, before Chiam got a stroke, he was somewhat charismatic, though he still loses to Con You. Can the successor be equally charismatic and deliver well?

I think the only reason why he is still serving PP is because there are no suitable successor to his post and he fears the new guy will lose his beloved PP that he held on for 26 years. 26 years of holding it, and poof, it becomes PAP's ward when the successor takes over.

He loves his PP SMC too much to retire.

gone4good

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not our policy to write off the debts just for the sake of making our report look good. Our approach of collection is systematic, practical and, when required, we have taken the necessary steps to recover the dues.

---- Something does not sounds right here. Does he mean that PAP TC has been writing off debts just to make their report look good such that there is no arrears from their residents? If so, isn't this manipulation of stats using taxpayer's money since we must bear the bad debts?

Tom Cat

Alfrescian
Loyal

---- Something does not sounds right here. Does he mean that PAP TC has been writing off debts just to make their report look good such that there is no arrears from their residents? If so, isn't this manipulation of stats using taxpayer's money since we must bear the bad debts?
I think it is the case where PAPpies either repossess the victim's collateral. Maybe a car or other worthy items execpt the flat.

PAP is never known to be kind enough to absorb people's debts.