• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chelsea Season 2009-10

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and they have banished the defensive legacy of Mourinho into the rubbish heap.

Can't agree with you there

One thing about Chelsea's play today is that all players help with defence - something Mourinho had been shaping up during his reign.

Drogba is an excellent example... off camera he tugs at the opponent's backline.. and while Chelsea defends corners he is always seen muscling with opposition players in the middle of the box

I don't think there has been an out and out striker in the squad for a long time

I used to wonder why Mourinho sold off exciting players like Duff & Robben... but now I've realised the vision he had for the team

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can't agree with you there

One thing about Chelsea's play today is that all players help with defence - something Mourinho had been shaping up during his reign.

Drogba is an excellent example... off camera he tugs at the opponent's backline.. and while Chelsea defends corners he is always seen muscling with opposition players in the middle of the box

I don't think there has been an out and out striker in the squad for a long time

I used to wonder why Mourinho sold off exciting players like Duff & Robben... but now I've realised the vision he had for the team

No, it is not only Mourinho's vision, it is the vision of all good teams. During Mourinho time they play only to a 1 - 0 win and it is this legacy I am refering to. I have in fact stopped watching Chelsea matches during that time and it is the vision of Roman that Chelsea is playing the present style of football.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aston Villa in the last season fell down hard in the last quarter home run. They're now looking good again now and hope they don't fall flat face first again this season.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is painful to lose to teams like Wigan and Villa when in previous years they were automatically considered as 3 points in the bag

But the truth is the standard of mid-table teams have increased this season. There is more quality play from them and it makes the league more exciting.

jw5

Loyal
It is painful to lose to teams like Wigan and Villa when in previous years they were automatically considered as 3 points in the bag

But the truth is the standard of mid-table teams have increased this season. There is more quality play from them and it makes the league more exciting.
Aston Villa are a very good team, they could challenge for a top 4 place this season.
Young and Agbonlehor are 2 of the most dangerous attacking forces in the premier league, they should both go to the world cup. Villa have many other solid players like Milner, Petrov, Sidwell, Dunne, Collins, Cueller, Warnock, Carew, Heskey, Friedel, etc. Martin O'Neil has done a good job building this team on a limited budget.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Aston Villa are a very good team, they could challenge for a top 4 place this season.
Young and Agbonlehor are 2 of the most dangerous attacking forces in the premier league, they should both go to the world cup. Villa have many other solid players like Milner, Petrov, Sidwell, Dunne, Collins, Cueller, Warnock, Carew, Heskey, Friedel, etc. Martin O'Neil has done a good job building this team on a limited budget.

British clubs that have become European champions:

1967 : Celtic (Scotland)
1968 : Manchester United (England)
1977 : Liverpool (England)
1978 : Liverpool (England)
1979 : Nottingham Forest (England)
1980 : Nottingham Forest (England)
1981 : Liverpool (England)
1982 : Aston Villa (England)
1984 : Liverpool (England)
1999 : Manchester United (England)
2005 : Liverpool (England)
2008 : Manchester United (England)

Don't look down on Aston Villa. I don't see Arsenal or Chelsea on the list.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just waiting for Abramovich to say he's selling his majority stake in the club.He's probably tired of EPL.

Chelsea Offer Nicolas Anelka & Joe Cole One-Year Contract Extensions On Reduced Wages - Report
By Zack Wilson

Chelsea forwards Nicolas Anelka and Joe Cole look to set to learn about the new, more stringent economic policy at Stamford Bridge very soon, with a report from The Sun claiming that the pair will be offered only one-year extensions to their current contracts by the club hierarchy.

Those one-year extensions, with the option of another year only available if both club and player agree, will also be on substantially reduced wages :eek:, according to the report.

The new policy is apparently part of Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich's plan to cut costs at Stamford Bridge, after players such as Juan Veron and Andriy Shevchenko cost tens of millions of pounds in wages whilst on loan at other clubs.

The two Blues stars are said to have been somewhat surprised by the offer.

However, their pointing to the fact that Didier Drogba, John Terry and Frank Lampard, all older than Anelka, 30, and Cole, 28, have all recently inked new long-term deals, each worth more than £6 million a year, cut no ice with the Blues' hierarchy as football adjusts to a new economic climate.

Anelka is currently the fourth highest ranked Chelsea player in the Castrol Rankings, at No.27 overall, while Cole is 18th in the Chelsea team and No.1324 overall.

jw5

Loyal
Chelsea are out of the 2009/10 champions league after losing 1-0 to Jose-managed Inter at Stamford Bridge. (3-1 on aggregate)
Drogba was sent off towards the end of the game for stamping on Motta.
Samuel Eto scored the winning goal.
Jose is happy.

Gallego99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea appeared toothless against an efficient Inter this morning. I thot they should have substituted Anelka who had an awful game. When Joe Cole came on, it made matters worse.
As the game wore on in the second half, Inter got the measure of Chelsea's defence. It was always going to be one way after that.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good riddance. Every year too many English clubs in final 8 or 4 makes Europe a dull continent.

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What a long and hard fought season. Down to the wire

To be honest, title can still go either way tonight

wrcboi

Alfrescian
Loyal
there could be some kelong involved in tonights game....better check out the odds...

wigan v arsenal and tottenham v chelsea was both kelong game....

arsenal and chelsea both wasnt even bother to play football during that game...

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nah, it will be Chelsea's. They will give Wigan a drubbing for sure.

Latest Punters' Express tips to save Wayne Piew's last signature line:

Fulham will beat Arsenal at Emirates
Wigan Athletic will hold Chelsea to draw at Stamford Bridge
Manchester United will beat Stoke City at Old Trafford
Manchester City will beat West Ham at Upton Park

(Disclaimer: Believe at your own risk.)

T

Tadakatsu Honda

May 10, 2010

Drogba regrets sulking fit

<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line --> LONDON - STRIKER Didier Drogba acknowledged that his sulking fit after not being allowed to take a penalty in Chelsea's 8-0 rout against Wigan Athletic on Sunday had been a mistake. The Ivory Coast player, tied on 26 league goals with Manchester United's Wayne Rooney before the final day victory that crowned Chelsea as champions, reacted petulantly when regular penalty taker Frank Lampard fired the home side into a 2-0 lead to settle their early nerves. 'Yeah, I understood but at the same time I was disappointed because we were 1-0 up and I wanted to score,' Drogba, who went on to grab a second-half hat-trick that sealed the Golden Boot award after a prolific season, told Sky Sports.

'I had to get over the frustration in the second half and come back. I was not happy but afterwards on the pitch, I realised that I was making a big mistake and Frank was right. I feel very proud because for three years we were chasing this title. This is fantastic, it's for the fans. Everyone is happy and it's amazing to win the Golden Boot after being away for a month in the middle of the season.' Drogba, well known for his emotional outbursts, stomped away after being told in no uncertain terms by Lampard that he would not be taking the kick and half-heartedly congratulated the England player after he beat Wigan keeper Mike Pollitt.

Lampard, who did allow Drogba to take a second penalty awarded after half-time, was a little more charitable, although his decision to whack the match ball into the crowd at the end, denying Drogba his souvenir was mischievous.'It was nothing really,' Lampard, who scored 27 goals this season, said. 'It's because he is so hungry but I've taken penalties all season and I wanted to score and make it 2-0. After that when it was safe, I was more than happy for Didier to go on and win the Golden Boot...we are a team and he did it and he deserves to be the top scorer.' Drogba's 36 goals in all competitions was his best return since joining Chelsea six years ago. --REUTERS

T

Tadakatsu Honda

Chelsea score EPL title

May 10, 2010
Chelsea score EPL title

<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line --> LONDON - CHELSEA sparkled and the champagne flowed after an 8-0 demolition of Wigan Athletic which brought the Premier League trophy back to Stamford Bridge on Sunday after three seasons of Manchester United domination. Didier Drogba netted a hat-trick to finish top of the scoring charts and Carlo Ancelotti's side recorded the club's biggest top-flight win to edge an intriguing title race by one point from Manchester United, who beat Stoke City 4-0.

United's finale was marred by angry protests by fans against the club's American owners and a groin injury to England talisman Wayne Rooney which will concern Fabio Capello two days before he names his provisional World Cup squad. But it was Chelsea's day with two goals for Nicolas Anelka and one apiece for Frank Lampard, Salomon Kalou and Ashley Cole taking their league tally to 103, the first side to pass the century mark in the top flight since Tottenham Hotspur in 1963.

Ancelotti, so understated during his first season in English football after 33 years as a player and coach in Italy, could hardly contain himself as he danced around the pitch with the trophy. The beaming Italian, who prevented United winning a record 19th league title and a fourth in succession, can complete the double in next week's FA Cup final against Portsmouth.

Arsenal made sure of a place in the group stages of next season's Champions League with a 4-0 home win over Fulham to hold off a late challenge for third spot from Tottenham Hotspur who finished fourth after a 4-2 defeat at Burnley. Manchester City drew 1-1 at West Ham United, Aston Villa lost at home to Blackburn Rovers and Liverpool, who just crept into the final Europa League place, drew 0-0 with relegated Hull City. --REUTERS

G

Ginchiyo Tachibana

phpI181uq.jpg

Chelsea reclaimed the English Premier League title in style on Sunday, a 8-0 win over Wigan ensuring they pipped Manchester United by a single point after racking up a record haul of 103 goals. - AFP

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Congratulation to all Blues and Chelsea fans here.
Hope you can win the FA Cup,this weekend and welcome aboard the DOUBLE club.
8-0,what an auspicious way to end the season and win the title.

BlueCat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chelsea should do the DOUBLE and win the FA Cup with ease if they do not underestimate Portsmouth.

Good Luck To All Chelsea's Fans & Supporters here.