• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cheating Culture

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's cheating only if one is caught. Else, its known as "beating the system." I know it may be considered unethical, but as long as nobody was hurt, I don't disapprove it.

Cheers!

Not really, from what I heard this 15 minute grace is the same as the grace period given at car parks with ticket paying machine. It is a common practice that I observed my ex boss and colleague etc doing all these years. Claire must be unobservant or mountain tortise to first time see and accuse people cheating. Btw this forum got no drivers or all are hypocrites acting holy?

tryharder

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the parking coupon part is fine since there is nothing tangible lost but the office stationery is definitely a no-no.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hullo, PAP made the rules on what and how much to pay. If PAP over spends, they simply charge more. We, on the other hand, must minimize our payment to them. It's like tax embezzlement. Nobody like to pay taxes from what we earned. And PAP knows this,. That is why they created a tax evasion hub.

I read before in Malaysia newspapers of lucky draw winners for paying property tax. Yes their government is even giving some lucky draw to attract people to pay tax and the winner was interviewed saying it is a duty to pay tax and why not pay it on time with the lucky draw. Nobody there accused anyone of cheating even with non-payment,instead they organised a lucky draw to entice payment. But here we have everybody paying tax and idiots accusing others of cheating for minimising payment.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the parking coupon part is fine since there is nothing tangible lost but the office stationery is definitely a no-no.

So have you never use office resources or time for personal use? Photostat your personal stuff like passport? Arrange travel itinerary during office hours? Check internet banking? Call family members like your child for example to chit chat and show concern during office hours? Monitoring stocks? Play Facebook games? Surf forum? Have a nap after lunch? All of which I have seen before.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, she doesn't. She is an employee. Obviously, you have the same weak moral standards in yourself judging by what you said. It is no different from theft. Perhaps you have the similar type of genome as well.

Well, sinkie land is a country where sinkies have to squeeze a little (call it cheating if you will) from the Govt when the Govt has been squeezing sinkies like sugar cane to a pulp for donkey years.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
So have you never use office resources or time for personal use? Photostat your personal stuff like passport? Arrange travel itinerary during office hours? Check internet banking? Call family members like your child for example to chit chat and show concern during office hours? Monitoring stocks? Play Facebook games? Surf forum? Have a nap after lunch? All of which I have seen before.

Claire is a saint ... she should not be in sinkie land...

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...Such a problem is getting more common, which is why car parks have been switching to electronic gentries.

If pappies could squeeze the last drop of juice from sinkies, they would do it. A day will come when you have to pay to ride the lift up and down the HDB block...:smile:

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hello Long, not all of Singaporeans are like this. :smile:
In every nationality, there are bound to have bad apples.

In sinkie land there are bad apples too but different kinds, red apples grown locally and green apples imported by pappies ...

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The opposition supporters often love to accuse PAP leaders of dishonesty but now have shown themselves to be supportive of deceitful behaviour. I am glad that 70% of us voters voted wisely for leaders with integrity.

You have just answered yourself in the minimum wage thread why it is alright for opposition supporters to expect high standards and no cheating from govt leaders. They are paid high salaries for it. Opposition supporters also paid taxes for it. Should not assume private individuals and public office holders to be subject to same standards as impact of govt policies is alot more than private individuals.

www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?222...-sinkies-but-they-give-ownselves-Minimum-Wage
See post #17

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
What parking coupons? Haven't heard of it in my life! :eek::eek::eek:

Ok you are the most honest car driver in Singapore. Hopefully you don't have friends whom you give free ride and then call you a cheat in forum instead of being grateful.