• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

CCB Mabroky Evicts 102-Yr-Old Temple. If Mosque? Bully The Weak!

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
I find it very strange that they decided to moved it since the Dhoby Ghaut area is pretty dead.

If they had kept it there, there'd be one more tourist attraction other than the Istana :smile:

I think you are confusing the tank road temple with the one in Chinatown that's called Sri Mariappan temple (which is also there today). The one in Tank road has always been there. It was renovated more than 20 years ago but it has never changed location as far as I know. That temple is the end point for the Thaipusam festival that devotees undertake.

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah.... we are ready to sacrifice asshole like you.......he he he....:biggrin:

Sacrifice your pondan lau hiao cheebye lah mudskipper aka lancheowman, a 50 years plus old ex SAFGU guard dog with a non stop menstruating mouth who claims to be an elite Guardsman but was actually the fuffer boy of the unit's CO. They use to train them young you know......lol......lol

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think you are confusing the tank road temple with the one in Chinatown that's called Sri Mariappan temple (which is also there today). The one in Tank road has always been there. It was renovated more than 20 years ago but it has never changed location as far as I know. That temple is the end point for the Thaipusam festival that devotees undertake.

I'm pretty sure there used to be a hindu temple at Dhoby Ghaut, just across the road where the Long John Silver is now located. It was quite some time back, when Dhoby Ghaut was more lively. There were shops & people staying there(Amber Mansions??).

Some forummer pointed to the one at tank rd. I think the one at Dhoby Ghaut got moved to the Macpherson area. So many things got moved, closed, demolished its hard to keep track.

Last edited:

mscitw

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most x'tians do no dare to take on moslems, but other religions and bapoks are easy pickings for a season of rubbishing.

1sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm pretty sure there used to be a hindu temple at Dhoby Ghaut, just across the road where the Long John Silver is now located. It was quite some time back, when Dhoby Ghaut was more lively. There were shops & people staying there(Amber Mansions??).

Some forummer pointed to the one at tank rd. I think the one at Dhoby Ghaut got moved to the Macpherson area. So many things got moved, closed, demolished its hard to keep track.

Yup I remember that temple used to be a very small temple not much people know about it. The only reason I knew about it was I got a classmate's pop who owns a sports shot along that streach. U know there used to be a cementry at douby gaut station too and infront is a pair of large gates.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup I remember that temple used to be a very small temple not much people know about it. The only reason I knew about it was I got a classmate's pop who owns a sports shot along that streach. U know there used to be a cementry at douby gaut station too and infront is a pair of large gates.

Remember the clock that was at that corner, just above Edward Eu. I remember that place because it sold the pop car(electric car for kids). As a kid I dreamed of getting one :smile:

Fosters Steak house was originally located there. Didn't know that anybody was buried there. Regret that I never got a chance to explore the area :(

Don't remember seeing a sports store at Dhoby Ghaut? All the sports stores were located farther up at Bras Basah: Ratna, Champion,...

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sacrifice your pondan lau hiao cheebye lah mudskipper aka lancheowman, a 50 years plus old ex SAFGU guard dog with a non stop menstruating mouth who claims to be an elite Guardsman but was actually the fuffer boy of the unit's CO. They use to train them young you know......lol......lol

ha ha ha ....given your response.....you must got assed hard ......he he he...:biggrin:

FuckSamLeong

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha ha ....given your response.....you must got assed hard ......he he he...:biggrin:

mudskippper aka lancheowman aka lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame soon to be aka cuminmymouth3 of Reach.gov.sg, a fucking 50 years ol plus ex SAFGU guard dog who claims to be a Guardsman.... your arsehole recovered from the massive pounding of my cock?....lol....lol

bella

Alfrescian
Loyal
there used to be a mosque where the car park opposite wheel lock place is now (behind far east) and it was removed by the govt. so it is has nothing to do with temple or church or mosque. if the govt has reason, then no choice lor

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
there used to be a mosque where the car park opposite wheel lock place is now (behind far east) and it was removed by the govt. so it is has nothing to do with temple or church or mosque. if the govt has reason, then no choice lor

Don't remeber seeing a mosque around that area.

There was a police station in front of Tang, where they are building the new Mall. Behind wheel lock there are those residential homes.

There were also night makets along that stretch of Orchard Rd in front of Wheelock place during the 60's.

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
mudskippper aka lancheowman aka lnchwmn3 of asiaone.com forum fame soon to be aka cuminmymouth3 of Reach.gov.sg, a fucking 50 years ol plus ex SAFGU guard dog who claims to be a Guardsman.... your arsehole recovered from the massive pounding of my cock?....lol....lol

ha ha.....neh neh ker putt putt......strong reaction leh......I got you assed he he he.....:biggrin::p

fukyuman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was told that mosques also pay commercial rates for properties, but on soft loans and easy to forgive. Even got HDB architects services free.