• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car rams into m-cyclist and cop at roadblock

S

Sun Quan

Saturday January 1, 2011

Car rams into m-cyclist and cop at roadblock

GEORGE TOWN: A policeman and a motorcyclist were injured when a car driven at high speed rammed into them at a roadblock in Jalan Paya Terubong, here.

L/Kpl Amirul Fitri Norrizat, 25, was seriously injured in the right thigh while motorcyclist Basiruddin Jamari, in his 20s, suffered cuts and bruises on his left arm and back during the incident at 12.30am yesterday.

Kpl Amirul is warded at Penang Hospital and is reported to be in stable condition.

n_pg16relau.jpg

Out of control: The scene of the accident at Jalan Paya Terubong yesterday. The driver is believed to have been under the influence of alcohol when he rammed into the victims at the roadblock.

The 33-year-old driver of the car, who is believed to have been under the influence of alcohol, has been detained.

He is believed to have lost control of his car before ramming into Basiruddin’s motorcycle, causing the latter to be flung off the machine.

victims.JPG

Accident victims: Basiruddin (left) and Kpl Amirul.

The car also hit Kpl Ami_rul Fitri, who was standing near a police truck.
Firemen from the Paya Terubong fire and rescue station were summoned when the car’s engine caught fire.

Basiruddin said he was waiting in line to be checked at the roadblock when the car crashed into his motorcycle.

“I was flung off my motorcycle and I landed on a slope. I consider myself lucky to have sustained only minor injuries,” said Basiruddin, who was returning to his home in Balik Pulau after an outing at Pesta Pulau Pinang with his friends.