• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Car rams into cop on duty

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121017_184123_cop_nst.jpg

Wednesday, Oct 17, 2012
KAJANG - A CAR thief rammed into a policeman manning a roadblock early yesterday morning, causing Lance Corporal Rozaili Ab Hamid, 28, to suffer head injuries and fracture his left shoulder.

Rozaili was setting up a roadblock with his colleagues at Batu 10 of the Grand Saga Expressway to track down a stolen black Toyota Estima when he saw the vehicle approaching.

As his eyes were trained on the Estima, the driver tried to escape by mowing down all the cones. The policemen tried to stop the MPV but did notice a Toyota Camry that followed closely behind.

The car rammed into Rozaili, causing him to be thrown six metres away.

Recalling the 4.45am incident, Rozaili said they were alerted of a car theft in Sungai Long 20 minutes earlier.

The father of one, who received eight stitches on the head, said the ordeal would not stop him from continuing his service in the force.

"Everything happened in the blink of an eye. The driver of the Camry rammed me from behind as we were trying to stop the Estima from escaping," he said when met at his house in Taman Bukit Permai, here yesterday.

Rozaili was rushed to Kajang Hospital where he was treated for his injuries. He was discharged four hours later.

"My whole body still hurts. I remember my friends screaming my name and I could feel the warm blood running down my forehead.

"I'm just so lucky to be alive. I didn't know if I could take the pain as it was too excruciating," said Rozaili who has been in the force for seven years.

District police chief Assistant Commissioner Ab Rashid Ab Wahab confirmed the case and believed that the two drivers were accomplices.

Although the drivers managed to flee, police recovered the abandoned vehicles in Jalan 2 and Jalan 6, Taman Orkid, about seven kilometres away, half an hour after the incident. "We have arrested a suspect but the two drivers are still at large," he said.

Initial investigations revealed that before the incident, the man who stole the Estima had broken into a house in Sungai Long by prying the main door grille.

It triggered the house alarm and alerted the owner who saw a man, clad in a white T-shirt and white cap, driving away in her Estima.