• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Cannibal Holocaust (contains gore)

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Warning: A grisly film with grisly pictures expected.

Some of you might have watched it before.

One of the better films (a snuff film) I have watched, free from Hollywood crap and glamour. There were many scenes of brutality in the movie, a few were real but most were fake, of course. Here is the poster:

Cover-Cannibal-Holocaust.jpg

ch2.jpg

The most iconic scene of the movie:

cannibal_holocaust.jpg

The controversy:

Cannibal Holocaust is a well known exploitation film because of the controversy following its release. After premiering in Italy, the film was seized by a local magistrate, and Deodato was arrested on obscenity charges. He was later accused of making a snuff film due to rumors which claimed that certain actors were killed on camera. Although Deodato was later cleared of these charges, the film was banned in Italy, the UK, Australia, and several other countries due to its graphic depiction of gore, sexual violence, and the inclusion of six genuine animal deaths. Many nations have since revoked the ban, yet the film is still barred in several countries. This notoriety notwithstanding, some critics view Cannibal Holocaust as a social commentary about civilized society

More info can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannibal_Holocaust

I recommend it to Samsters who do enjoy the occasional shock and gore movie, the message in the movie is very true in today's world.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Makes no difference if you watch how cattle, chicken and pigs etc. are slaughtered. The cooked meat on your plate is gore if you want to define the word gore. There's no such thing as killing and cooking an animal without cruelty. Either you eat meat or you don't. Vegans may have moral high grounds, not the omnivores (including me, so far no yet vegan).

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes no difference if you watch how cattle, chicken and pigs etc. are slaughtered. The cooked meat on your plate is gore if you want to define the word gore. There's no such thing as killing and cooking an animal without cruelty. Either you eat meat or you don't. Vegans may have moral high grounds, not the omnivores (including me, so far no yet vegan).
Never had any issues with the killing of animals. Neither a herbivore nor an environmentalist I am. :wink:

Still, I recommend you to watch the movie. Interesting, i say.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Never had any issues with the killing of animals. Neither a herbivore nor an environmentalist I am. :wink:

Still, I recommend you to watch the movie. Interesting, i say.

I don't even have issue with killing humans.

As for eating humans, most parts are craps except the limbs.

Ask the tigers in India if you don't believe me. :biggrin:

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't even have issue with killing humans.

As for eating humans, most parts are craps except the limbs.

Ask the tigers in India if you don't believe me. :biggrin:
I can't speak Tiger.

And I do not wish to eat human meat. Beef and chicken are much better.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched this as a teen in 1970s yeah it was shocking then but in the 2000s this film is mild, don't blow trumpets, this film is kid's stuff these days, slow moving and the gore is totally unconvincing.

Velma

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watched this as a teen in 1970s yeah it was shocking then but in the 2000s this film is mild, don't blow trumpets, this film is kid's stuff these days, slow moving and the gore is totally unconvincing.
You can't deny it is still a shocking movie of its time.

And you got the time wrong, the movie was released in 1980. Just correcting you. :o

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't speak Tiger.

And I do not wish to eat human meat. Beef and chicken are much better.

I understand Tigerish, I translate for you.

Tiger : (Killed an Indian by the neck.)

Tigress : What's that?

Tiger : Not sure. Smells stinky but looks meaty.

Tigress : Let's try. (Munch...munch...) Yucks! What the hell is that?

Tiger : Sorry wifey, next time I stick to hunting more delicious animals.

Tigress : You better do, otherwise no sex for you!

american

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pardon me, any topless/nude scenes? :p

You asked the right question because that is the target audience for Cannibal Holocaust.

Yes, there is a lot of nude scenes.

You see:

- a woman naked having shower, naked having sex with bf, and stripped, raped and killed by canibals

- a girl pulls towel off man showing full frontal penis, yes, penis for the gays/ladies

- a man strips naked and walks out to a muddy river bed showing penis

- a young girl fondles the penis of a man