• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

can this break tiko jack movie in singapore

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=2]爸妈不在家 win golden horse best movie[/h]
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CzNSJLACn44?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]ILO ILO 爸媽不在家 Official Trailer[/h]

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ISovsVvX8Bg?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
1463427_728172830534628_1776155887_n.jpg

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
[h=1]Anthony Chen's ILO ILO Canne win[/h]
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/un6VlSxTSUo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
why Singapore is starting to do well, old fart is dying soon and all the bad omens are gone.

The owl, remember the owl came to warn PAP their time is up.

[h=2]爸妈不在家 win golden horse best movie[/h]
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/CzNSJLACn44?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'll be impressed if some indie director makes an award-winning film without the support or endorsement of MDA.

Ilo Ilo is a propaganda film.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Jack Neo movies are for the lowly educated idiots.
pls dont compare Ilo Ilo with any of the jack neo movies.

Anyway, I believe Ilo Ilo director could be a "One hit wonder"

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
i only like jack neo's "I DO I DO", find it very funny but again he is papaya's lackey, so i minus points for him.

Jack Neo movies are for the lowly educated idiots.
pls dont compare Ilo Ilo with any of the jack neo movies.

meepokboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ilo Ilo is an excellent movie. It deserves the award. And winning the award really helps to, at the very least, and for a start, show the world that Sg's capable of producing great shows.

Devil Within

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't think so. He did quite a few short films before this full length feature film and you can see how he improve with each short. Also, his previous short film were awarded in Cannes before this ilo ilo. So he is the real deal not like that tiko Jack.

Last edited:

streetcry

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is a great achievement as good as winning an olympics gold medal. He stands in good stead.Being young and promising.Let hope he will not migrate to China,Taiwan or US as the market in Singapore is just too small to survive...

Well Done, Anthony Chen!

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ilo Ilo puts any of Jack Neo's movies in the shade. Jack is a fucked-up director; his movies consist basically of short comedy skits stitched up together to form a feature film. And it's lame slapstick comedy to boot. No art, poor direction, mediocre cinematography, lousing acting.

Only the 60.1% can fall in love with Jack's movies.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ilo Ilo puts any of Jack Neo's movies in the shade. Jack is a fucked-up director; his movies consist basically of short comedy skits stitched up together to form a feature film. And it's lame slapstick comedy to boot. No art, poor direction, mediocre cinematography, lousing acting.

Only the 60.1% can fall in love with Jack's movies.

Jack Neo's movies are popular because despite mocking pee-a-pee policies in them, under the hood it is still propagating that pee-a-pee is the best.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm quite sick of these local 'stories from the heartlands' movies from Sinkieland. Even if you win an award, you're still small-time bullshit.

Can we have some action, scifi, spy thriller, fantasy or superhero movie?

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm quite sick of these local 'stories from the heartlands' movies from Sinkieland. Even if you win an award, you're still small-time bullshit.

Can we have some action, scifi, spy thriller, fantasy or superhero movie?

we should have some fantasy political drama movie like a hero leading an army in an all out war against the pap government.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chun bo? Properganda films can also win the golden horse meh?

http://www.mda.gov.sg/NEWSANDEVENTS/Newsletters/2013/18/Pages/story3.aspx

Many of his short films and his debut feature length film “Ilo Ilo” received funding support from the Singapore Film Commission of MDA.

http://www.smf.sg/SingaporeMediaCity/SFC/Pages/WhatWeDo.aspx

About the SFC

The Singapore Film Commission was formed in 1998 and is part of the Media Development Authority (MDA) since 2003. The SFC is made up of an advisory committee comprising 18 members from the film, arts and cultural community, and is supported by a Secretariat within the MDA. The list of SFC Advisory Committee Members can be found on the MDA website’s SFC page.