• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Can someone grant me a friendly personal loan ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My advice to TS is get the loan from close family members first but make sure you pay back them when your problem settle.

Was down and out not too long ago and 'good' friends and 'bludders' avoid me like plague but I don't blame them. In the end, the ones that help me are my immediate family members and a few i thought 'not so close' friends but turn out to be the ones that gave me a hand.

Don't bother about LML and bank loans, you will probably end up worst than you are now.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
My advice to TS is get the loan from close family members first but make sure you pay back them when your problem settle.

Was down and out not too long ago and 'good' friends and 'bludders' avoid me like plague but I don't blame them. In the end, the ones that help me are my immediate family members and a few i thought 'not so close' friends but turn out to be the ones that gave me a hand.

Don't bother about LML and bank loans, you will probably end up worst than you are now.
Wise words bro..your story macham mine's as well.Luckily i was pulled out from the quicksand by a 'brother'; who have sinced moved to PNG for good.

MacPhersonEstate

Alfrescian
Loyal
Five thousand dollars?

If you own a car - sell it.

If you own iphone 5 - sell it.

If you have a life insurance policy - take a loan from it.

If you smoke - stop smoking.

If you go HFJ - stop going

If you have been eating out - start eating at home

If you have spare time - take up a part time job

Finally - Cut down your expenses. Hope it helps.

Just some suggestions.

Last edited:

YellowRibbon

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you own a car - sell it.
No car

If you own iphone 5 - sell it.
Sold iphone4s

If you have a life insurance policy - take a loan from it.
No insurance. Cancelled.

If you smoke - stop smoking.
No smoke

If you go HFJ - stop going
Never go

If you have been eating out - start eating at home
Been eating instant noodles the whole week

If you have spare time - take up a part time job
Applied. No answer

Finally - Cut down your expenses. Hope it helps.
Already cut

I just cant wait to get my house money in march....
But right now my main problem is i need money for accomodation.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I just cant wait to get my house money in march....
But right now my main problem is i need money for accomodation.

I find your words full of loopholes and stupidity.
Now you are still waiting for completion of sales, why do you need to move out ?
You intend to sublet 1 room to cover your own room ? Which means you will need to rent the whole unit. This is not going to let you have passive income. If your 2 unit means 2 house, it is also not possible to rent 2 house and ownself stay 1, and sublet 1 to make $.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
TS this is the hard truth and I am blunt about it.

No one will loan you the money, period. Don't waste the time.

You have to sit down and think hard how to get a job, don't make excuses. You know it yourself.

Stave off your debtors and show them the prof that you will pay them in March when you get the cash.

What happened to the buyer's deposit of $10K paid to you? (I think this is the normal amount in a sales
transaction).

Those you have borrowed before you are unable to pay or you are taking time to pay, so they now will not lend you anymore(you are not trustworthy and make promises you cannot keep)

Your associates and family members shun you because they don't believe you anymore.

SBF members are anonymous and will not expose themselves to you even if they believe you.

I am not sorry for saying this but someone needs to tell you all this in your face, so you will wake up and stop dreaming.

This is the hard truth.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi,

I just sold my 4room HDB flat at Choa Chu Kang for $480,000.

My 1st appointment is on the 10th of Jan. Based on 6th or 8th week completion date, i will be getting my money latest by 10th of March.

Base on this, is it possible for me to secure a loan ? (Im looking at around $5000)

Did you ask for cash deposit from the buyer? That should helps tie over your financial needs for a short while.
It it tough when you are short of cash, LML or banks will not accomodate you if you do not have payslips to prove your income. Do you have close friends, siblings who might loan you by installment $2500/ea month up to max $5000 while you start looking for job? One lum sum of $5000 might put your lender on stress mode too, you can ask ppl here to help find job for you if you let them know your expertise.. Sometime it is tough to be thick skin and can be embarrassing to make such request. Ah long is not an option. I suggest you quickly land any job that pays at least $2000, work for one month and apply credit card. Someone mentioned you can get a loan thru credit card up to 3 - 5x of your salary. Thereafter work out how you can repay quickly, stay on the job and decide how you want to move on with your future including your desire to collect rent...etc. My advice is, once you collected your HDB sale proceed, don't spend it immediately, try to keep it for rainy day. If you want to do business, do it using your working income if you have enough savings from employment. Set a goal, like 5 years. Never never touch your HDB sales proceed, they may come in handy when life is tough.

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did you ask for cash deposit from the buyer? That should helps tie over your financial needs for a short while.
It it tough when you are short of cash, LML or banks will not accomodate you if you do not have payslips to prove your income. Do you have close friends, siblings who might loan you by installment $2500/ea month up to max $5000 while you start looking for job? One lum sum of $5000 might put your lender on stress mode too, you can ask ppl here to help find job for you if you let them know your expertise.. Sometime it is tough to be thick skin and can be embarrassing to make such request. Ah long is not an option. I suggest you quickly land any job that pays at least $2000, work for one month and apply credit card. Someone mentioned you can get a loan thru credit card up to 3 - 5x of your salary. Thereafter work out how you can repay quickly, stay on the job and decide how you want to move on with your future including your desire to collect rent...etc. My advice is, once you collected your HDB sale proceed, don't spend it immediately, try to keep it for rainy day. If you want to do business, do it using your working income if you have enough savings from employment. Set a goal, like 5 years. Never never touch your HDB sales proceed, they may come in handy when life is tough.

velly good advice, deserve some points !

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

My 1st appointment is on the 10th of Jan. Based on 6th or 8th week completion date, i will be getting my money latest by 10th of March.

Base on this, is it possible for me to secure a loan ? (Im looking at around $5000)

We can meet up and i can show you all the document proofs.

We can also discuss future business opportunities.

Please pm me your terms and conditions, im open to negotiations.

I am serious, so only serious people please help.

Once i get the money from my house sales, i intend to pay off some of my debts, rent one or two units and sublet out. (Passive rental income)

Meanwhile also looking for any interesting F&B opportunities.

Thank you.

This sounds exactly like the guy who asks for a loan for his wedding.

iconchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

We can meet up and i can show you all the document proofs.

We can also discuss future business opportunities.

Please pm me your terms and conditions, im open to negotiations.

I am serious, so only serious people please help.

Once i get the money from my house sales, i intend to pay off some of my debts, rent one or two units and sublet out. (Passive rental income)

Meanwhile also looking for any interesting F&B opportunities.

Thank you.

Don't gamble lah.... Stop before it's too late. You are already a bit out of your mind to come here and ask for loans, giving a story that nobody with the intelligence of an octopus would believe.

You are already losing your rationality so stop your gAmbling before you lose more than that.

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Don't gamble lah.... Stop before it's too late. You are already a bit out of your mind to come here and ask for loans, giving a story that nobody with the intelligence of an octopus would believe.

You are already losing your rationality so stop your gAmbling before you lose more than that.

He already said he is in the yellow ribbon programe. Not credit-worthy and pretty desperate that he need to ask for loans from strangers. Selling his HDB at $480K does not mean getting the full sum as most probably most of it goes back to HDB or to the bank that provided the loan. The new owner already paid 10K but he never mentioned it and it is also part of the 480K plus he also need to fork out some of the proceeds from the sale of the property.

If I were in his shoes, if he still want to live in Singapore, he should use the proceeds and downgrade to a small unit and sublet a room or two to have additional income. Without a roof over his head, should he lose all the money, where will he stay, in a tent? By repeating his mistakes without planning his future and gambling what he has on a business will end up being a failure in life.

Please think properly. You need a job and work your way up. There is no shortcut to success. I already posted my take on your situation earlier. It may seemed unjust and unsympathetic, but if you sit down and think hard about it, I may actually be right all along.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why waste this kind of money, even it's for few dollars...not sure if you know of this old cantonese saying:

旺财吾入急门

it is interpreted as the more you need money, the more you shouldn't gamble...

see you like that jin gang kor like that, this is your post number 1329626, buy tao cheng ow beh, jit tua jit sueh at SG Pools for pai luck leh pai, invest pueh kor qi kua mai... wish you good luck :smile::smile::smile:

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
we must all be generous and charitable
give with no strings
donate with no pain
be compassionate to all beings
heaven bless those who think

shctaw

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He already said he is in the yellow ribbon programe. Not credit-worthy and pretty desperate that he need to ask for loans from strangers. Selling his HDB at $480K does not mean getting the full sum as most probably most of it goes back to HDB or to the bank that provided the loan. The new owner already paid 10K but he never mentioned it and it is also part of the 480K plus he also need to fork out some of the proceeds from the sale of the property.

If I were in his shoes, if he still want to live in Singapore, he should use the proceeds and downgrade to a small unit and sublet a room or two to have additional income. Without a roof over his head, should he lose all the money, where will he stay, in a tent? By repeating his mistakes without planning his future and gambling what he has on a business will end up being a failure in life.

Please think properly. You need a job and work your way up. There is no shortcut to success. I already posted my take on your situation earlier. It may seemed unjust and unsympathetic, but if you sit down and think hard about it, I may actually be right all along.

My drinking buddy want a loan from me....

Living in a 4 rooms flat I ask him to downgrade but his tone straight away change... "dont lend dont lent lah; so many shit logic."

I have never talk to him since, some people deserve to be in bad situation.

PS: The loan is to cover his 4D debt. KNN.

Last edited: