• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

can i remove my stero unit from my car before scraping??

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
i m scraping off my car in 2 weeks.
can i remove my expensive stero unit ?
can i swap my 4 bridstone tyres with 4 lousy tyres before scrapping off?

which items cannot be remove prior to scrap?

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset

everything except the engine.

but how u going to drive the car to the scrap dealer after removing everything will be interesting..:biggrin:

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
once u remove everything, u can use your leg to propel the vehicle like this :biggrin: Hopefully u can reach the dealer or scrapyard...

Flintstone_Mobile.jpg

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are cars really scrapped in Singapore? I have never seen any car scrap yards in Singapore, I always thought they were shipped out to third world countries.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
everything except the engine.

but how u going to drive the car to the scrap dealer after removing everything will be interesting..:biggrin:

Remove the tires and replace with cheap ones at tire shop, then drive for scrapping, what's so interesting? What is interesting is any car owner worth his salt will not change tires when the car is nearing expiry, so most of the time the tires on the car are not worth saving anyway.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usually people will just remove the talisman from the car.

some people go to kuan yin temple to get the talisman for their car.
when the car is about the scrap, they will remove the talisman

kopirui

Alfrescian
Loyal
usually people will just remove the talisman from the car.

some people go to kuan yin temple to get the talisman for their car.
when the car is about the scrap, they will remove the talisman

interesting..
you meant the invisible talisman written and chanted?
i have seen thai monks do that at thai temple

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
scrapping not scraping. scraping involves damaging the paint job which is not necessary before scrapping the entire car.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are cars really scrapped in Singapore? I have never seen any car scrap yards in Singapore, I always thought they were shipped out to third world countries.

Only the good condition ones and those sports or premium brands like mercs and beemers are saved and shipped out. They stil got some value and worth up to a few k.
Car owners in Sg seldom get to scrap the cars themselves.....usually done by agents. Hardly anyone drives his soon to be expired car till the very last day and Most trade in their old cars 1-2 months prior to expiry.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only the good condition ones and those sports or premium brands like mercs and beemers are saved and shipped out. They stil got some value and worth up to a few k.
Car owners in Sg seldom get to scrap the cars themselves.....usually done by agents. Hardly anyone drives his soon to be expired car till the very last day and Most trade in their old cars 1-2 months prior to expiry.

It was a long, long time back right?.....you drive your car to be scrapped to National Iron right? or you pay for it to be towed there...right?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It was a long, long time back right?.....you drive your car to be scrapped to National Iron right? or you pay for it to be towed there...right?

Those days were gone after the govt stopped paying the parf rebates by cash.
Also the amount of paperwork would put many off from diy.
Pappies created jobs for a whole new cottage industry.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

you can remove everything except the 4 tyres which you can replace & keep steering wheel intact