• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Buyer Beware] - Fanco Ceiling Fans

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Another helpful warning post from EDMW :
https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/rant-beware-of-fanco-ceiling-fan.5994034/

darkfuryex :​

Encountered a bad experience here and trying to raise awareness..

The ceiling fan i'm using is Fanco Aroma 54

Please think twice if u wanna buy Fanco Aroma 54 ceiling fans.

Their ceiling fan led lights are customized to their own type of plugs, if your LED light spoil you won't be able to DIY and change yourself!!

You will have to use their service if you want to to get the LED lighting replaced! Only they have the correct LED lighting and panel available.

You will have 2 options:
1. Lan lan suck thumb bring the stupid LED panel to their office for repair

or

2. lan lan suck thumb call them, make an appointment, and then get their people down to your house for repair. Calling their people down will cost you $25 for transport fee, $15 for labour fee, total $40 for servicing, LED panel lighting itself cost $40

Total cost $80!!! just to change their stupid LED panel which is a basic necessity in life(lighting)!!

The LED panel at my local DIY store sell the same type of LED panel @ $35 only!!! DIY change yourself..

You are locked down to their service forever like how Apple lock down iPhone users!!

Careful!! really blood sucking company, beware and avoid!!!

EDIT:
Their website does not sell just the LED panel, you can only "service" your panel

here are some of their rates:
afm4k2H.jpg

amazingone :​

Their remote control uses radio frequency to control the fan, not the usual infrared control. Can only get remote replacement from them only..

On YouTube,

Un Known :​

Why does FANCO fan’s remote sensor keep spoiling? I first bought my ceiling fan with LED light and after using it for 4 years, the remote sensor became faulty and I got it replaced in 2018. Now the same problem occurred again, the remote sensor is faulty and each replacement cost about $130 ~ $160.

JAMES Y :​

Yes. My remote control also giving problem. Cannot off light n on fan. Installed new fanco fan in Sep 2019. Very bad quality. I would not recommend to my friends. Changing to another ceiling fan brand

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

jiakzua :​

I used to have a Fanco. Infuriates the heck out of me. At first ok but soon after purchase, the remote always damn hard to turn on the fan. Change battery change remote still no use. Now my current house one (can’t remember what brand lazy to walk out to check) better. Turn on the switch fan auto start at last setting. Only need remote to change speed. Seldom use remote but remote works so far :o Moi boycott Fanco liao