• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Businessman suffers 8 stab wounds in fight at pub

rolleyez

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Businessman suffers 8 stab wounds in fight at pub

By Chitra Kumar
POSTED: 03 Aug 2013 10:13 PM

lavender-pub-fight.jpg

Mr Chua suffered eight wounds to his right shoulder, on his back and abdomen in an attack that took place on 27 July on Lavender Street (photo by Michael Neo, a friend of Mr Chua)

SINGAPORE: A businessman suffered severe injuries in a fight that broke out on Lavender Street last Saturday at about 2am.

He sustained eight stab wounds, including one on his abdomen that required 37 stapled stitches.

His three other friends suffered head injuries, hairline crack on a foot and a broken chin.

The victim, who wants to be known as Mr Chua only, told Channel NewsAsia that his friend was accused of throwing glasses at another group.

They were then asked by the bouncers to leave the pub to avoid creating a scene.

Mr Chua and five friends were attending a birthday party at the pub.

His friend, Mr Phang, said over 10 men, including the bouncers, came at them with choppers and knives.

He said: "The bouncer pushed us out of the pub, then when we were downstairs. Suddenly a fight broke out. Even the bouncer also joined the fight. I was beaten up by the bouncer too. My friend was also badly injured by a group of at least 5 to 6 guys holding knives or choppers."

Mr Chua said: "(They then started to attack us), about 10 over people. (After that) one of the people just grabbed my head, then I started getting beaten up on the back.

"I saw myself (covered) in blood...When I crossed the road...I saw one Hyundai and I knocked on the (car) door. I asked him for help to send me to the hospital but he just drove off very fast.

"Then I saw (at the opposite side of the road), still got 10 over people, some with knives, some with choppers...I saw one cab...I flagged the cab and told him to send me to SGH Hospital A&E."

The victims have filed a police report and were told police are investigating the incident.

- CNA/ir

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If one did not kuai lan why would ppl stab him?:biggrin:

lianbeng replies hokkien: go to that type of place still yaya papaya ah? lavender street and jalan besar area is just like geylang u know? paikia jit tua too orh! some more lavender street opposite is kinjiokar n jln besar opposite is desker road! :biggrin: jln besar MP Lily Neo n lavender street MP Janice Seah u know? want to fight ah?