• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bus and train fares up 4-6 cents from April 6

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP Pariah Dog genes truly runs in the family..

This is really one fat thickskinned jiak leow bee. I dont what is so great about him that NKF and now PTC appointed him as chief. At least his father got fake reputation as 'mr charity/father of charity'.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I really don't understand what this kpkb is all about! $120 a month for working adults is super good deal! And for nsmen, students.

Few cents increase also kpkb, u guys with no sense of reality should just migrate to indonesia to live!

Last edited:

ahhock24

Alfrescian
Loyal
executive_pay.jpeg

images.jpeg

2014-01-17-08-42-29--511056210.jpeg

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The concessionary is just a sugarcoat and distraction from the fact that majority will need to pay more.

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why transport fares always go up but never come down ???
Why workers' salaries always frozen and reduced ???
KNNCCB to the PAP !!!
KNNCCB to the PTC !!!
KNNCCB to the Transport Minister Lui Fark You !!!

wMulew

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dumbfuck opposition supporting retards should be blaming dumbfuck opposition supporting retards for demanding more help for the poor during GE2011. It's obvious that most of the additional measures are targeted to help the young old and poor. PAP is just fulfilling election promises

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Have offset la so sinkies please don't kpkb

Transport fare hike offset by slew of concessions
Targeted help means many will pay less under adjustments starting April 6
Published on Jan 17, 2014, 7:19 AM
By Christopher Tan Senior Transport Correspondent

Around a million commuters will pay less for travel, even as bus and train fares increase by two to six cents when the biggest price adjustment in 15 years kicks in on April 6.

This is because there will be a slate of new and enhanced concessions to go with the overall fare rise of 3.2 per cent, the Public Transport Council (PTC) said yesterday.

Releasing details of the first fare revision since 2011, the PTC also announced that although the two public transport operators here will make an additional $53.5 million in revenue, part of this will be contributed back to a fund meant to shield the poorest households from fare hikes.

SBS Transit and SMRT will have to contribute $7.2 million and $4.38 million respectively.

nutbush

Alfrescian
Loyal
they better fucking pay the drivers and mrt workers well and not pay themselves better.:kma:

Around a million commuters will pay less for travel, even as bus and train fares increase by two to six cents when the biggest price adjustment in 15 years kicks in on April 6.

This is because there will be a slate of new and enhanced concessions to go with the overall fare rise of 3.2 per cent, the Public Transport Council (PTC) said yesterday.

Releasing details of the first fare revision since 2011, the PTC also announced that although the two public transport operators here will make an additional $53.5 million in revenue, part of this will be contributed back to a fund meant to shield the poorest households from fare hikes.

SBS Transit and SMRT will have to contribute $7.2 million and $4.38 million respectively.

SadPlumpGirl

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I dun think sinkies mind the increase. What sinkies cannot tahan is the breakdowns, overcrowded trains and buses and the high salries drawn by the management despite these inefficiencies. :biggrin:

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
was hopeful to benefit non working retirees to move around more
sorely disappointed.
in hk hk$2 per trip.
in shenzhen, over 65yo and as well as handicapped free, even for foreigners

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think govt is encouraging more commuters to take up the $120 unlimited rides season ticket cos it can collect money faster compared to commuters topping up $20-$50 occasionally.

Last edited:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Die die govt must screw us... public hospital prices gone up recently.... niow public transportation
Watz next?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun think sinkies mind the increase. What sinkies cannot tahan is the breakdowns, overcrowded trains and buses and the high salries drawn by the management despite these inefficiencies. :biggrin:
per
Hell NO
I pay for good service......... I seldom experience breakdown or delay in Germany
Fare increase? Unheard of!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only greedy govt like us squeeze us dry//////// daily, monthl and yearly

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those who don't enjoy 'concession' travel on public transport may now NOT be so willing to give up their seats even if it is marked a priority seat.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think govt is encouraging more commuters to take up the $120 unlimited rides season ticket cos it can collect money faster compared to commuters topping up $20-$50 occasionally.

Actually I expected MCP or monthly pass unlimited travel on Train and bus to be $100/month. .
On average travel 20days/month after deduct out leave/MC........ each day about $5.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing against raised transport fees, provided I get IMPROVED service and efficiency, which is NOT there. :mad:

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Public transport co can be privatized. However, how can it operate when it is publicly listed. Shareholders would expect the company's profit to increase year after year. However, the volume of traffic is quite inelastic so the only way appears to increase fares. If we have a lousy CEO who chose to focus increasing profit through marketing of retail space, cutting cost for maintenance, the service standard will be affected like the situation that one of them is in now. When govt provide fund to help improve the service for the good of the people, it is just not right technically. Effectively, tax payers'money is being transferred to a co owned by the public. I have been wondering why these companies are listed. They can be privatized to improve efficiency but they can't survive as a listed co as it is difficult to have yearly profit increase without increasing the fares.