• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Burma's democracy activist arriving in Singapore

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
She is daughter of GENERAL Aug San, a real life working GENERAL, they are too ashamed to get any of the MG, BG or G's to meet her!! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aung_San

"Aung San had a daughter, Aung San Suu Kyi, who is a Burmese politician and the recipient of a Nobel Peace Prize" say no more..:rolleyes:

Last edited:

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Myanmar's opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi (left) began her first visit to Singapore on Friday, Sept 20, 2013, by calling on Second Minister for Foreign Affairs Grace Fu.

MFAMeetingOne2009e.jpg

Me think the diplomatic protocol is appropriate. Singapore is a very kind, gracious and friendly country.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Be careful, Miss Aung San. You're visiting a country run by a govt which is very cosy with the military junta that had persecuted you.

Maybe the pappies are using you for a photo op to show how 'pro-democracy' they are becoming, and also to endear the govt's image to the large number of Burmese FTs in Singapore. Talk about killing two birds with one stone. :wink:

AktifSingh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bhai, I support the move to provide financial aid to the locals here. While Madam Aung San was imprisoned, Singapore has accommodated Myanmar expatriates for the past 20 years. Lets take Myanmar and Singapore relations to the next level with Myanmar donating 10% of its GDP to the locals here for the next 2 decades. Namaste.

Maybe he's trying to hint to her that Sinkapore is a good place to park her money....

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to be fair, sg leaders and diplomats in the shadows and background continued to engage the myanmar junta to keep their ties with asean aspirations and market opportunties in order to maintain an active line of communication. this was better than cutting them off totally, and the junta would have descended into a north korean-type impasse. sg also acted as a diplomatic conduit and facilitator between the u.s. and myanmar. it's thru' much diplomacy, economic engagement, aid, and support that the patience finally pays off. obviously, the u.s. played a role in the whole shbang by pressuring the regime, but sg was walking the fine line by not pissing off the hardliners and shutting them off totally while at the same time showing the bozos in yangon there was a way out with a brighter future by opening up more and remaining flexible with dialogue and action. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Myanmar's opposition leader Aung San Suu Kyi (left) began her first visit to Singapore on Friday, Sept 20, 2013, by calling on Second Minister for Foreign Affairs Grace Fu.

MFAMeetingOne2009e.jpg

Me think the diplomatic protocol is appropriate. Singapore is a very kind, gracious and friendly country.

GF: Tonight you free or not?
ASSK: Why?
GF: I wanna bring you to a duck joint
ASSK: What's that? A place that sells duck?
GF: Yup, only male ducks and can take-away
ASSK: I would love to bring one back to my hotel

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

MFAMeetingOne2009e.jpg

Shamu not meeting her? Must send his deputy?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Be careful, Miss Aung San. You're visiting a country run by a govt which is very cosy with the military junta that had persecuted you.

Maybe the pappies are using you for a photo op to show how 'pro-democracy' they are becoming, and also to endear the govt's image to the large number of Burmese FTs in Singapore. Talk about killing two birds with one stone. :wink:

im amazed at how loyalties and allegiances can change especially here the $$$$ is...... some will say that's playing politics which i have no interest or no idea ...

does playing politics mean you will have a peaceful death?

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
to be fair, sg leaders and diplomats in the shadows and background continued to engage the myanmar junta to keep their ties with asean aspirations and market opportunties in order to maintain an active line of communication. this was better than cutting them off totally, and the junta would have descended into a north korean-type impasse. sg also acted as a diplomatic conduit and facilitator between the u.s. and myanmar. it's thru' much diplomacy, economic engagement, aid, and support that the patience finally pays off. obviously, the u.s. played a role in the whole shbang by pressuring the regime, but sg was walking the fine line by not pissing off the hardliners and shutting them off totally while at the same time showing the bozos in yangon there was a way out with a brighter future by opening up more and remaining flexible with dialogue and action. :biggrin:

excellent article brother!!! simply brilliant...thank you. this is a quality comment which I really enjoyed....kamsiah .