• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Building a 30-Story Hotel in 15 days : Construction time lapse

Dokken

Alfrescian
Loyal
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Hdpf-MQM9vY?rel=0" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

What can you accomplish in 360 hours?

The Chinese sustainable building company, Broad Group, has yet attempted another impossible feat, building a 30-story tall hotel prototype in 360 hours, after building a 15-story building in a week earlier in 2011.

You may ask why in a hurry, and is it safe? The statistics in the video can put you in good faith. Prefabricated modular buildings has many advantages over conventional buildings.

Higher precision in fabrication (+/- 0.2mm).
More coordinated on-site construction management.
Shorter construction time span.
Lower construction waste.
Also many other health and energy features are included in Broad Sustainable Buildings (BSB)

The building was built over last Christmas time and finished before New Years Eve of 2012.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Structure yes lah...but interior how to prefab???

Commonly pre-fab is know to be walls and floors manufactured in a factory. In an extreme case the walls and floors may include finishings like tiles and timber and electrical wirings and sockets and switches and also plumbings and even entire toilets. The rest like cabinets, beds, furniture can come in when each floor is completed.

Of course lots of my screws and sealants can be use :p:wink::biggrin:

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Commonly pre-fab is know to be walls and floors manufactured in a factory. In an extreme case the walls and floors may include finishings like tiles and timber and electrical wirings and sockets and switches and also plumbings and even entire toilets. The rest like cabinets, beds, furniture can come in when each floor is completed.

Of course lots of my screws and sealants can be use :p:wink::biggrin:

Don't care what technology they use, as long as it's built in china, built by china, i will not set foot in it after 5 years even if you pay me US$10,000 to do it.