• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Budget Terminal - Soon to be history

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Watched CNA yesterday said the T4 will have no aerobridge too, like that what is the difference with current budget terminal? Why must tear down and re-built and cannot renovate and extend?!

Won't be surprised if it turns out to be Budget Terminal II

I suspect this is mean't to fix the limitations of the half baked original BT. Also, the PAP got plenty of cronies to feed & this is seen as an oppurtunity to create jobs. Much like what happens in our malls when tenants are forced to renovate on a regular basis generating $$ for the contractors.

The Spores economy is propped up all this construction. Without all this activity the PAP wouldn't be getting as high a bonus

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Won't be surprised if it turns out to be Budget Terminal II

I suspect this is mean't to fix the limitations of the half baked original BT. Also, the PAP got plenty of cronies to feed & this is seen as an oppurtunity to create jobs. Much like what happens in our malls when tenants are forced to renovate on a regular basis generating $$ for the contractors.

The Spores economy is propped up all this construction. Without all this activity the PAP wouldn't be getting as high a bonus

Good morning Johnny, hey I've never thought of this and after thinking a while ya it seems possible. Even letting Shing Sheong to run markets raising rentals, this is cruelty and evilness mate and why 60.1% still vote for this heartless PAP really make me wonder.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've never used the dreaded BT. Whenever I fly budget class it has always been with Air Asia. I did fly with Tiger when they first started but back then the Budget Terminal did not exist.
Thinking of visiting the BT to see if it is really that bad. Read that they don't even have escalators:eek:

Don't need escalators, my friend. All in one level...Check in, immigration, customs, boarding all on the same floor, i.e. ground floor.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't need escalators, my friend. All in one level...Check in, immigration, customs, boarding all on the same floor, i.e. ground floor.
It's a single storey building right? I think domestic airports of our 3rd world neighbours still better than this budget terminal.

Only one good thing about this BT....the gst refund counter no business so no need to queue.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I'm really surprised that in land scarce Spore they built a single story structure:eek:

Evem our MRT stations have retail outlets :smile: