• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bosses..Please Do Some Self Reflection

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bosses have complained that Singaporeans are not willing to work. Bosses want:

1. Workers at $1500 per month
2. Workers to work 12hr shift
3. Workers to be rostered for 24 hr operations
4. PRC and Indian workers who are bonded for two years on the above terms and cant quit despite poor pay and poor work conditions

Bosses dont have career development for workers and have no welfare for their workers. Bosses dont treat their workers as stalkholders but expect workers to be at their beck and call because they have no unions to protect workers' welfare. Despite poor welfare, poor pay and bad working conditions, bosses demand full commitment and dedication from their workers.

Bosses..please do some self reflection. The above man management style is going to kill your business.

I blame the PAP for stripping naked the SG workers and their rights and do not protect them from bosses abuse. Allowing such HR abuses will bring long term damage to SG and Singaporeans.

Bosses and the pap must realise that not paying workers decent wage and exploiting cheap labour is unsustainable and will bring harm to SG.

Workers must be treasured, not abused and must be paid well for a job well done. To cheat them of decent pay will harm everyone in the long term.

When can we see bosses appreciating their workers instead of complaining that Singaporeans dont want to work (long hours with poor pay and not fairly treated)?

Last edited:

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bosses are businessmen. They want to maximize profits. To do that, they either have to generate more revenue or reduce costs.

As we know, most businesses in Singapore lack innovation. To generate more revenue is very unlikely.

On the other hand, reducing cost is easiest. However, they are barking up the wrong tree. They should just ask govt to look into incredulous rental rates.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bosses are businessmen. They want to maximize profits. To do that, they either have to generate more revenue or reduce costs.

As we know, most businesses in Singapore lack innovation. To generate more revenue is very unlikely.

On the other hand, reducing cost is easiest. However, they are barking up the wrong tree. They should just ask govt to look into incredulous rental rates.

Agree that rentals must come down. Bosses are paying pittance and driving their workers slavishly to compensate for high rentals.

we must allow some businesses to failso that offices and food courts are empty.

for those businesses who have to rely on slave labour to survive, they deserve to fail and close

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I blame the situation we are in on the pap...it charges high levies, high rentals but lets in cheap labour to try to let businesses survive..that's a recipe for disaster.

and it's sad that LHL and the pap MPs dont see the root cause of SG's pronblems but blame it on SG workers.

the pap MPs must know what kind of pay workers are getting and the working conditions. these cant be sustained for long and something will blow up eventually

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past I was told that Levies for example maid levies etc was there to make sure locals dont get displaced by foreign workers,,but with rubbish like the EP etc that compete directly with the PMETs it has made the most important sector to locals suffer as they are disadvantaged by the Foreign trashes.

To me its the Gahmen's job to look out for the livelihood of the people. Maid levies etc should be abolished to bring down the cost of living for the middle class. As with today's society both parents work. a maid is a necessity to look after the house and make the couples life easier.

PMET category is to be protected. In Mudland I was told that foreign workers are there to do menial jobs that locals wont do. However all the supervisors, managers etc are locals,,,only low level work is done by FTs,,not like in spore where the FTs are occupying all levels of management. In mudland,,the m&d supervisor with SPM can have a proton and an apartment. In singapore PMETs are loosing jobs day in and day out.

With the easy EP category things are going to get worse. In Europe where the unemployment rate is high, the European MNCs in spore are trying to get their ang mors to take up middle management roles occupied by locals now. With such easy access for Foreigners you can bet more PMETs in MNCs will be displaced.

I blame the situation we are in on the pap...it charges high levies, high rentals but lets in cheap labour to try to let businesses survive..that's a recipe for disaster.

and it's sad that LHL and the pap MPs dont see the root cause of SG's pronblems but blame it on SG workers.

the pap MPs must know what kind of pay workers are getting and the working conditions. these cant be sustained for long and something will blow up eventually

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why shd biz owners change when labour policies set by MOM are in stone. why put themselves in disadvantage when competitors are taking advantage of MOM labour guidelines. instead of blaming the bosses, why not get MOM to reflect themselves.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In the past I was told that Levies for example maid levies etc was there to make sure locals dont get displaced by foreign workers,,but with rubbish like the EP etc that compete directly with the PMETs it has made the most important sector to locals suffer as they are disadvantaged by the Foreign trashes.

To me its the Gahmen's job to look out for the livelihood of the people. Maid levies etc should be abolished to bring down the cost of living for the middle class. As with today's society both parents work. a maid is a necessity to look after the house and make the couples life easier.

PMET category is to be protected. In Mudland I was told that foreign workers are there to do menial jobs that locals wont do. However all the supervisors, managers etc are locals,,,only low level work is dont by FTs,,not like in spore where the FTs are occupying all levels of management. In mudland,,the m&d supervisor with SPM can have a proton and an apartment. In singapore PMETs are loosing jobs day in and day out.

With the easy EP category things are going to get worse. In Europe where the unemployment rate is high, the European MNCs in spore are trying to get their ang mors to take up middle management roles occupied by locals now. With such easy access for Foreigners you can bet more PMETs in MNCs will be displaced.

Good analysis...thanks. The pap's reasons for maid and other levies sound hollow.

yes, the job of the SG govt is to improve the quality of Singaporeans' lives. It is not to increase GDP but cause misery to singaporeans.

that's where LHL is shown clearly as a poor leader. he lacks even basic understanding of political leadership

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why shd biz owners change when labour policies set by MOM are in stone. why put themselves in disadvantage when competitors are taking advantage of MOM labour guidelines. instead of blaming the bosses, why not get MOM to reflect themselves.

those biz owners who dont understand good HR practices and blindly follow bad short term MOM unwise policies will be the first ones to face manpower problems. Good bosses who take care of their workers will be able to retain good workers

exploitation of workers is a myopic practice and will eventually kill the business.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
those biz owners who dont understand good HR practices and blindly follow bad short term MOM unwise policies will be the first ones to face manpower problems. Good bosses who take care of their workers will be able to retain good workers

exploitation of workers is a myopic practice and will eventually kill the business.

do u even have any friends who are biz owners? $2500 for a truck driver cum delivery also no takers. u may think i BS but that what one of my friend is offering. he is being squeeze by the cost of doing biz and he is now trying to shift his venture overseas. The margin of doing biz is razor thin and the main culprit is govt policies. despite pap claimed to be pro-biz, that utter BS, pap only favour its own biz. the rest of the SMEs are u die your own problem.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
do u even have any friends who are biz owners? $2500 for a truck driver cum delivery also no takers. u may think i BS but that what one of my friend is offering. he is being squeeze by the cost of doing biz and he is now trying to shift his venture overseas. The margin of doing biz is razor thin and the main culprit is govt policies. despite pap claimed to be pro-biz, that utter BS, pap only favour its own biz. the rest of the SMEs are u die your own problem.

i have many friends who are bosses and business owners

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
only for SMEs right? MNCs thankfully not like that

most dont take care of their workers. the pap has much to do with such attitude. with pap unfairly scolding SG workers for being lazy, not hard driving enough and needing spurs on their hide, Singaporeans dont need enemies.

I am still surprised how the pap can get 60% at the last election. I thought shit wld have been thrown at the pap faces. singaporeans are either b.llless or very tolerant

Last edited:

tua lam pah

Alfrescian
Loyal
the country is in a mess.... no morals or soul

only money matters to ah loong

pray tell me why must we have maid levy? foreign worker levy? sky high rentals? privatised public services?the list goes on,
the govt is robbing the citizens blind

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the country is in a mess.... no morals or soul

only money matters to ah loong

pray tell me why must we have maid levy? foreign worker levy? sky high rentals? privatised public services?the list goes on,
the govt is robbing the citizens blind

one word...greed.

in australia and nz the govt and authorities work for the people and they make life better for their people. sometimes, when they have limited parking lots, they dont impose high charges to reduce demand. instead they limit free parking for 30 mins so that drivers dont hog the lot.