• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Boat quay

zeroo

Alfrescian
Loyal
10396273_340623742797364_7085858961733193302_n.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's a far cry from the days when the sg river was a shithole and coolies were loading and unloading sacks of lice from barges in the boat quay cesspool. we must thank the pap for cleaning up the mess and turning the area into a dining and drinking paradise.

image.jpg

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was born in the era when my dad still took black and white pics, and he was extremely impressed when he saw for the first time the transformation of the boat quay shithole to present-day hangout. there was nostalgia, but he would rather forget the old images in his mind.

image.jpg

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
it's a far cry from the days when the sg river was a shithole and coolies were loading and unloading sacks of lice from barges in the boat quay cesspool. we must thank the pap for cleaning up the mess and turning the area into a dining and drinking paradise.

View attachment 20171

HK didn't have the PAP, they thrived. To develop from 3rd world to first world doesn't require special effort. Just a relatively clean and efficient administration will do it. And an angmo administrator can do it for cheap.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i was born in the era when my dad still took black and white pics, and he was extremely impressed when he saw for the first time the transformation of the boat quay shithole to present-day hangout. there was nostalgia, but he would rather forget the old images in his mind.

View attachment 20172

The transformation of Boat Quay does not benefit most sinkees.

Twilight

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the pigs. I always think that it's one or two persons and his clones attaching pigs this way. :biggrin:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
HK didn't have the PAP, they thrived. To develop from 3rd world to first world doesn't require special effort. Just a relatively clean and efficient administration will do it. And an angmo administrator can do it for cheap.

for the majority of hongkongers, hk is still a shithole with whole families squeezed into 10' by 10' hellholes. many still live on ramshackle boats that are an eyesore no matter what improvements they do on land. in fact, housing is so atrocious as only the marginally wealthy can afford shitholes facing cemeteries.

image.jpg

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for the pigs. I always think that it's one or two persons and his clones attaching pigs this way. :biggrin:

since you ask for it, here's a pic of a suckling pig that has undergone slaughtering, searing, smoking, slicing and finally serving or being served for a typical sinkie banquet.

image.jpg

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think you weren't born yet, when this picture was taken. The building with the Chinese Pagoda-like roof on the right became, OCBC HQ Chulia Street, there was a Ban Hin Lee Bank near there & that Chulia Street Portion was called " San Chai Tang" was a bus depot & a public toilets. To the left in the foreground, the building with the flagstaff is Asia Insurance Building.

Coolies, load & unload rice, grains etc..from the bumboats, it was interesting to watch, how they navigate the tight space at the riverside, docking the bum boats.

This was the time, when life was simple, not necessary easy, people have to work hard for their money & the government looked after them. ( PAP), now thy look for our wallets!:rolleyes:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Davis, I used to do a lot of water color painting around that area but not anymore they clean everything up and left nothing more for me to draw

Fuck the PAP