• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Blame the WP and not the PAP for this election result

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only direction the finger of blame should be pointing is at the Singaporean electorate. They have voted for what they want, let's hope the PAP give it to them with both barrels. I will greet every price and tax increase, every train breakdown, every adverse AGO report with the most raucous of applause.

I second you on that. Rejoice or regret, only don't complain.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am sure the WP party didn't expect the landslide victory of this GE to PAP. They are still pondering what's really went wrong.

At the victory speech for Aljunied GRC which they won by the slimmest of margin, Chen Shao Mao said that they will review what went wrong in the election and how they can win back the trust of the residents.
They will not understand what went wrong. It is an accumulation of many small things.

These little things sum up their past overall performance to have not met voters EXPECTATIONS. Voters expected them to be better than pap. If they had done what TPL did, doing more than an average PAP mp, this result will not have happened.

Didn't want to post this the following story during campaigning but did hinted in one of my posts earlier. Someone had left other TC to work for them, thinking that they might be better. No, they operated exactly the same way, office politics with no respect for the staff. PS was singled out to be the worst among the wp.

swissbank

Alfrescian
Loyal
These useless WP fucks even chose to remain silent on their very own local Hougang by-election issue (see below). It took one 42-year old part-time cleaner, Vellama D/O Marie Muthu, to raise the issue. If this does not prove their utter uselessness and spinelessness, I don't know what will.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread....World-Parliament-or-WP-s-Deaf-Mute-Parliament

WP's First World Parliament or WP's Deaf-Mute Parliament

Despite the $16,041/month each and every of the WP MP earns or the one million dollars each and every of them would earn after a five year term, the WP MPs have clearly shown they are incredibly useless and hopeless.

If they are unable to stand up for their very own AIM issue and instead, conveniently rely on their Vellama Marie Muthu doctrine in getting non-elected politicians, netizens, bloggers, their very own supporters and the ordinary men in the street do that hard work and take the risks of raising issues, you can forget about them being your "voices".

It is not a WP's First World Parliament. It is a WP's deaf-mute Parliament.

I fully agreed.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
That's not what I am saying. I am saying that if the WP had been led by someone like Chee or Roy, and produced the same quality of research and argument that these 2 did and used said arguments constantly against the PAP in Parliament,.......

What is your logic? If WP were to be led by someone like Dr Chee, then the voters will not even vote them into Parliament. This is not my assumption, is a fact!

Dun ignore the fact that SDP, led by Dr Chee only got 31.23% of the total votes in the ward they contested. WP got almost 40% and they have got 6 seats.

Dr Chee, KJ , HHH and Roy can come out with whatever paper they want, but first, they must convince the voters to give them the mandate to represent them in Parliament.

Last edited:

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When people see the WP has become meek and timid once elected to Parliament and earning $16K a month, they have no confidence that Chee and the Reform party with all their fiery rhetoric ala LTK would not do the same. If WP had fucked PAP upside down in Parliament and force them into changes, then people will have more confidence in all oppo parties in general.

Again, you are making an assumption. Since day one, Worker's Party philosophy is not to oppose PAP for the sake of opposing, while SDP and RP's philosophy is to whack PAP for whatever.

WP still got the mandate and SDP and RP got NOTHING. The Swing voters do not buy their parties' philosophy.

You can talk and make lots of assumption that it is if this and if that. But the fact is, voter still think that the WP is the best Opposition Party and they have spoken via the ballot box.

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
As a matter of fact, one CSJ would be able to replace ALL of these useless WP MPs.

It is HOW useless these WP oppo really are.. Teochew con man LTK and his cronies , conning Hougang for so many years.

Hougang and Aljunied have another 5 years to repent!

Sure sure. Dr Chee can replace all WP MPs in Parliament!! Not only that, I think CSJ can also replace all the positions of all the Ministers, Prime Minister and even President, Army Chief, Police chief, CIA Head, KGB chief, UMNO Head, CPIB boss, ICAC boss, CPP Secretary, OCBC CEO, Thai Rak Thai Chairman, CCB CEO, BOA CEO, SHELL MD, BP Chairman, Thai Junta Chief whatsoever.

But first, he has to convince majority voters to vote for him and not just that 30%! He hasn't got any mandate and you can make all the assumption after the cow comes home!

Last edited:

tryharder

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. That's what I will want in an opposition. If Chee Soon Juan had entered parliament, I believe it will open our eyes to what opposition is about - not about opposing for the sake of opposing (like what our children do to us), but a caring voice sounding warning of a headon collision. WP is so full of themselves that they forgot the reason that they are in parliament. They thought that just by occasionally putting some topics from Stomp into the wok to fry is doing enough.

That's not what I am saying. I am saying that if the WP had been led by someone like Chee or Roy, and produced the same quality of research and argument that these 2 did and used said arguments constantly against the PAP in Parliament, it would awaken more people to the fact that someone is on their side. Who here thinks the WP represented them well in Parliament? Who here thinks the WP fought hard against added immigration, fake degrees, Sinkies losing their jobs to FTs, etc. If LTK applied the same fierce rhetoric in his stadium rallies as he did in parliament, I can guarantee u his party would win more votes and more seats. Enough to form govt? Probably not. But enough to wake up the PAP and hopefully get them to change some of their policies.

These fucks couldn't even stand up in Parliament, protected from all legal action, and tell the PAP they cannot put a 16 year old kid in jail for speaking his mind. I would never vote for the WP after seeing what they did. Its only netizens and people like Roy that are creating awareness of the issues. Singaporeans are not middle ground, nor moderate, but ignorant. If sinkies were middle ground they would never vote for the PAP, a party that in most countries would be extreme right wing. I don't think they are so scared as ignorant. That is the role of the oppo. when you are in Parliament, you have an obligation to undo as much of the indoctrination and assuage as much of the fear as you can. But has the WP done that? Its on them too.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
You can blame all the oppositions and even the electorate but you can't beat the cunning highfulatin Papzis. For what its worth, I would say it was the last minute political broadcast the Papzis made that cause a big swing in their favor and no one saw it coming. They resort to alarmist fear-mongering tactics and talked about ISIS and all the bombings shits in Bangkok.

The hidden punch line is political divide means national divide and the people bought it. The fear struck the electorates' hearts and minds the same at one go. You vote in more oppositions, it will lead to political divide and ultimately national divide. Like the situation the Thais are in.

This not news. The PAP always resort to fear mongering and other such tactics. What the WP failed to do is to manage and rebuff these tactics. They have a national and public forum not available to other oppo parties. Its call the Parliament. In the Parliament, they could have refuted all these PAP tactics. Everything they say is recorded in the Parliament. Local and international media cover the Parliamentary proceedings. They have a stage to counter these PAP tactics but they failed to do so. They have let everyone down.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Again, you are making an assumption. Since day one, Worker's Party philosophy is not to oppose PAP for the sake of opposing, while SDP and RP's philosophy is to whack PAP for whatever.

WP still got the mandate and SDP and RP got NOTHING. The Swing voters do not buy their parties' philosophy.

You can talk and make lots of assumption that it is if this and if that. But the fact is, voter still think that the WP is the best Opposition Party and they have spoken via the ballot box.

That is the dumbest reasoning I ever heard. If you are not planning to oppose the PAP, then why bother to form WP?. Why not just join PAP and be their candidate. That's just fucking retarded.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I second you on that. Rejoice or regret, only don't complain.

Why not? Why are singaporeans so special from the rest of the world? Name me one country where the citizens don't complain about their country's politicians or about their elections. In the US, Republicans are happy they win the Senate, but complain the President is a democrat. The same goes for every country in the world. Even in North Korea, although I am sure they don't complain publicly in a forum like this. U are entitled to complain on anything you want. If you want to remove this right to complain for yourself, that is your problem. Others want to keep theirs.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I have witnessed Papsmearer morph into Wapsmearer but he is right. I think the lack of robust debate in parliament with the introduction of 6 more WP MPs might have diminished the nation's desire for more opposition voices in parliament. But i think there must be a better reason to explain for the nationwide swing.

I am waiting to hear it. Initially, I was hopeful like everyone else that the 6 more WP MPs would be aggressive and fight the PAP tooth and nail. After 3 years of timid and weak performances, I gave up on them. I did not morph into anything. I analysed their performance, went In depth into their websites and concluded that these guys were either fake oppo, or the most useless bunch of oppos in the world. Not only don't they did not whack the PAP in Parliament, they couldn't whack other people.

Remember the asshole former HDB Chief Liu who say that we needed to plan for 10 million population? Did you hear the WP condemn him? Did you hear the WP ask in Parliament why no PAP govt official refuted his idea? Did they agree with Liu? That means 10 million akang dating. Not a whimper from the WP on this PAP insider and his 10 million? Seriously?

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
stuipig sinkie only worry about their town facilties being take good care of.(etc coverwalkway,buling repainting, lift upgrade)
they are not interested in democracy, isd,isa , human right ,gic loss, temasek loss , 6.9million, high cost

Especially the west side.... really supported them....im sad....

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
This not news. The PAP always resort to fear mongering and other such tactics. What the WP failed to do is to manage and rebuff these tactics. They have a national and public forum not available to other oppo parties. Its call the Parliament. In the Parliament, they could have refuted all these PAP tactics. Everything they say is recorded in the Parliament. Local and international media cover the Parliamentary proceedings. They have a stage to counter these PAP tactics but they failed to do so. They have let everyone down.

Concurred, it's the truth. Though they had made inroads but their meek approaches will never get things changed. Unfortunately SDP don't have such chance. If SDP were given a chance to made inroads, things will certainly turn out very much differently.

fuckSDPparty

Alfrescian
Loyal
YES. SDP is plant by PAP, chee bye is a liar.

[FONT=&amp]There are good laughs to be had reading about some more clear lies by Chee Soon Juan cited in Parliamentary transcripts:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]""" Let me talk about Chee Soon Juan. Chee Soon Juan's behaviour was most illustrative. When pressed on the obvious contradictions between the SDP team's statements during the Select Committee hearing, and its written defence for the Committee of Privileges hearing, Chee Soon Juan based his "explanations" on a strangely convenient coincidence of typographical errors, confusion and selective amnesia. Or he simply stubbornly stood his ground even though he was wrong, and his answers contradicted themselves.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Let me cite you an example. At the Select Committee on Health Care Subsidy hearing on 12th August, BG George Yeo asked Chee Soon Juan:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]`I would like to ask Dr Chee whether he knows the difference between a time series in current dollars and a time series in 1985 dollars.' [/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Chee Soon Juan's answer was, "Yes." (This is in paragraph 1489 of the Minutes of Evidence.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Then on 24th October this year, at the Committee of Privileges hearing, Mr Davinder Singh asked Chee:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]`Dr Chee, you know the difference between a time series in current dollars and a time series in 1985 dollars?'
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]His answer this time was, "No, I do not." (This is in paragraph 674 of the Minutes of Evidence.)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]When Mr Davinder Singh pointed out to him that he gave inconsistent answers to the same question asked on two separate occasions, he denied that the answers were inconsistent! With such direct evidence staring in his face, he continued to lie. In fact, it is a perjury before the Committee of Privileges since he was under oath.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]So even when he was caught lying, committing perjury, he would flatly deny it. We can understand why a naughty and naive 4-year old boy would deny that he was stealing candy from a candy jar, even though he was caught red-handed by his mother with his hand still in the jar. In fact, if Members remember, and I think Dr Vasoo certainly remembers, when Chee Soon Juan was caught secretly taping a conversation he was having with Dr Vasoo, he flatly denied it, claiming that the tape recording was for his class, even though the tape recorder was still running and this part of the exchange was captured on tape. I managed to get a copy of that transcript from Dr Vasoo. Let me read this out. This was a conversation, I believe, which took place in 1992 before Dr Chee put himself up as a candidate of the SDP. I think he went to tell Dr Vasoo that he was going to be a candidate. So he held a tape recorder in his hand, probably outside the room, and said "testing, testing" to make sure that it worked. Then he went into the room and the process of telling Dr Vasoo what he wanted to do and Dr Vasoo's advice to him. And this is how it goes from the start of the conversation:
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]`Dr Chee: I've to give you my, I apply for visit passport. I was hoping, lah, see if I can apply or not. (Pause) No, I tell you Vasoo, I tell you, I came in basically because I hope. No, no, you listen to me, OK? Vasoo.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Vasoo: You're taping that? [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Chee: What? [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Vasoo: Taping. [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Chee: Taping what? [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Vasoo: You're recording, is it? [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Chee: This is for my own, class one ah, what. Seriously, what a hell eh. No, I can tell you. OK, I'm sorry, I don't. Right now, there's no problem. I need to, I just basically want to say I don't want to.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Vasoo: No, no, you see, it's turning or not.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Chee: What? [/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Vasoo: Recording.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Dr Chee: This is for my class one. What is that? No, no, wait, wait, wait, this is for my class one, listen, listen, Vasoo.'
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]I think we all find it very funny, but here is a man who really has no honour, no sense of decency, who went to have a conversation with his Head of Department. He secretly taped the conversation, either hoping to use it against him or for whatever reason. And yet when caught that he was tape recording the conversation, he completely denied it. But remember my story of the 4-year old boy. Dr Chee is not a naughty 4-year old boy. He is a grown man of 34 years old. He has a PhD. He claims to be a trained neuro-psychologist who treats patients and helps them with their brain and behavioural problems.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Sir, Dr Chee Soon Juan's propensity to speak the untruth knows no bounds. He does not seem to be a man of principle, honour or courage. You remember, in 1992, he also said, "I have a good brain and a strong heart" and that was what he wanted Singaporeans to believe him to be. A courageous man is not afraid of admitting his mistakes. It is no wonder that even his own SDP members and collaborators have been disappointed by his behaviour."""
[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp](Source: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]http://sprs.parl.gov.sg/search/topic.jsp…[/FONT][FONT=&amp] from Column 978)[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Tagging Away in No Particular Order: [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Singapore Democratic Party (SDP)[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Jaslyn Go [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Mohamed Jufrie Bin Mahmood[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Christopher Ang[/FONT][FONT=&amp] Jeffrey George [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Corinna Liang[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Yeo Poh Hong[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Clarence Ziting Zeng[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Chong W Fung[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Sng Choon Guan[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Chee Siok Chin[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Jufri Salim[/FONT][FONT=&amp]Ananth Tambyah[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]People's Action Party[/FONT][FONT=&amp]: Thank you for this entertainment.[/FONT]

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If you say the Singapore electorate are like sheep, weak and kiasu. Then the way to lead them is not to be weak and timid yourself. Singaporeans obviously follow authority figures, like LKY. But the WP has been exactly weak and timid in the last 4 years in Parliament. If the WP are strong and whack the PAP with complete disregard in Parliament, voters will recognize this and be emboldened. They will see this and see that the WP could get away with it. Even better if the WP can reverse some of the crap that happened. For example on the issue of transportation fare increases, if the WP had raised a stink, showed surveys in the Parliament, threaten to organize rallies against it, etc. and it ended up reversing the fare increase, people would be more open to voting for them this time round. Even if they failed to reverse the fare increase, voters can see that they are representing their views in Parliament rather then seeing the PAP ignore them and bulldoze anything they like over all objections.

Kid278

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am waiting to hear it. Initially, I was hopeful like everyone else that the 6 more WP MPs would be aggressive and fight the PAP tooth and nail. After 3 years of timid and weak performances, I gave up on them. I did not morph into anything. I analysed their performance, went In depth into their websites and concluded that these guys were either fake oppo, or the most useless bunch of oppos in the world. Not only don't they did not whack the PAP in Parliament, they couldn't whack other people.

Remember the asshole former HDB Chief Liu who say that we needed to plan for 10 million population? Did you hear the WP condemn him? Did you hear the WP ask in Parliament why no PAP govt official refuted his idea? Did they agree with Liu? That means 10 million akang dating. Not a whimper from the WP on this PAP insider and his 10 million? Seriously?

I was disgusted with them from the day they agreed with the Minister pay review committee but I gave them the benefit of the doubt. And seeing them challenging hot button issues so meekly made me loose further faith in them. This party will not get us anywhere unless someone like David Marshall or JBJ comes along.