• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bird's Nest genuine or not?

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I used to take bird's nest when I was young because my mum told me it was good. She used to laboriously clean the bird's nest and then boil for me so that I've enough proteins and "brains".

But I was told by many of my friends that bird's nest is of no use now.They are commercially cultivated and in fact the modern bird's nest is a hazard to them. It's too clean and the use of "chemicals and bleaching powders" to clean the bird's nest has destroyed all the benefits.

But people are still rushing in and buying bird's nest by the kilos!!! The Chinese are buying almost all the bird's nest in the market. Is this true?

Anyone got any expert view on this? I don't want to spend a few hundreds on something that is of no use to me. Thank you for your contribution. Cheers!!!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
aiyah,once in a blue moon, spend some money on some exotic stuff also can lah. look at those many bird's nest shops, they are filled with enthusiastic buyers...many are uncles and aunties buying to keep themselves fit and healthy. must have some value right?

my friends built bird's nest factories in malaysia and they are laughing all the way to the bank.....:smile:

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Product pricing plays apart... Too cheap people say it's fake... Too expensive people say worth the $$$ or not! For the rich, they will continue to eat as long as they feel "good"!

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i always feel good when i take bird's test. never fail to take the thai bird's nest whenever i am in bangkok. super shiok with the chingko nuts inside. baht300 can give a good bowl!!! must be good right???

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to take bird's nest when I was young because my mum told me it was good. She used to laboriously clean the bird's nest and then boil for me so that I've enough proteins and "brains".

But I was told by many of my friends that bird's nest is of no use now.They are commercially cultivated and in fact the modern bird's nest is a hazard to them. It's too clean and the use of "chemicals and bleaching powders" to clean the bird's nest has destroyed all the benefits.

But people are still rushing in and buying bird's nest by the kilos!!! The Chinese are buying almost all the bird's nest in the market. Is this true?

Anyone got any expert view on this? I don't want to spend a few hundreds on something that is of no use to me. Thank you for your contribution. Cheers!!!

True. Now all clean with chemical.
Worst those so called blood nest is red color dye.
In actual only small portion of bird nest is red due to vomit blood/injury in throat not whole nest is red color.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
True. Now all clean with chemical.
Worst those so called blood nest is red color dye.
In actual only small portion of bird nest is red due to vomit blood/injury in throat not whole nest is red color.

the red variety is the most expensive.the dealers said "original"....but i doubt it lah. sometimes i just go to 7 Eleven in bangkok and get one bottle of bird's nest to feel good and feel shiok. no need to pay so much for the red genuine stuff.....

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the red variety is the most expensive.the dealers said "original"....but i doubt it lah. sometimes i just go to 7 Eleven in bangkok and get one bottle of bird's nest to feel good and feel shiok. no need to pay so much for the red genuine stuff.....

Dont buy red color . 99.99% is fake.
If whole bird nest is red. The bird will die of vomit blood. So cannot be whole nest is red. Only small portion of nest is red.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
A bunchn of stupid meat eating sinkies eating the home of another animals and feel that it is special. Why not i burn your pigeion hole down.

Last edited:

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
A bunchn of stupid meat eating sinkies eating the home of another animals and feel that it is special. Why not i burn your pigeion hole down.

Ok, you burn one HDB pigeon hole. I wait for good news in Strait Times.. :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Equalisation

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The best quality birds'nest are found in caves along the slopes of volcanoes. For example, one kilo can be sold for $50k at Mt Volpista.:o

Kuailan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why ppl are paying so much for a bird "Mucus" Bird's Nest?
If only swallow can talk they willl tell the ppl who eat bird mucus
"I pui pui and u eat it and say it's Good" how stupid can you be?

That's what the Ozzie gahmen is trying very hard to tell the Chinese ppl
not to eat Bird's mucus!!
They confiscate the Bird Nest (Mucus) from shops in Australia and burn it!!

G00DUSAMI

Alfrescian
Loyal
i always feel good when i take bird's test. never fail to take the thai bird's nest whenever i am in bangkok. super shiok with the chingko nuts inside. baht300 can give a good bowl!!! must be good right???
kopi better than birdnest or the other way?

G00DUSAMI

Alfrescian
Loyal

are u a bird nest cloner too?

shelltox

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 血燕 occurs when the swallows built their nest onto the walls of caves .. The minerals gave the 血燕the blood tinge.

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

a wonderful precept. i was told many monks and nuns take bird's nest to improve their complexion. is it true? thai and laotian monks eat meat. they are not entirely vegetarian. even myanmar monks are not necessarily vegetarian. i think it's all in your mind and in your heart. right?

M8SSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
a wonderful precept. i was told many monks and nuns take bird's nest to improve their complexion. is it true? thai and laotian monks eat meat. they are not entirely vegetarian. even myanmar monks are not necessarily vegetarian. i think it's all in your mind and in your heart. right?

Cloning is also in the mind and heart....hehehehe

kopiuncle

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
are u a bird nest cloner too?

wauhahahaa!!!!!!!!...my friend has invited me to invest in his flatted factory to harvest bird's nest. he told me the market is good and the business is very lucrative. just invest $100K is good enough for at least a 10% returns....i saw the place, not bad..

empty building.some music to attract the swallows.wait to collect the bird's nest. good harvest....but quite sad if you see some young birds die and strangle by their own sticky saliva....the young are trapped and killed by their own sticky saliva...in their own nests...

M8SSLOTS

Alfrescian
Loyal
wauhahahaa!!!!!!!!...my friend has invited me to invest in his flatted factory to harvest bird's nest. he told me the market is good and the business is very lucrative. just invest $100K is good enough for at least a 10% returns....i saw the place, not bad..

empty building.some music to attract the swallows.wait to collect the bird's nest. good harvest....but quite sad if you see some young birds die and strangle by their own sticky saliva....the young are trapped and killed by their own sticky saliva...in their own nests...

You mean your clones will be killed by their own sticky saliva? Hehehe