• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Big fight among a group of cyclists on Tues

UCLuvv05

Alfrescian
Loyal
Blardy bitch also makes it mandatory that all JR riders during the weekends and holidays must wear her cheap cycling apparels.

Her ulterior motive is to increase her apparel sales to fatten her pockets.

I think if we put our heads together and ask around the people she pissed off, we will have enough material for a Wikipedia page on this. Keyboard warriors unite!

UCLuvv05

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for the FB link. Fucking balls carrier or naive arseholes who dare to claim "we don't charge members any fee at all."

As for the year end lucky draws, I hear that she pesters local bike shops to sponsor for all the gifts.

Chill lah the naive ones eventually wise up to her MO. I was one of the naive ones, but after few years seeing the same shit happen over and over again I decided it's time to move on. They weren't like this when the club was smaller - everyone knew and respected each other. Joyce spoilt it all by putting her money-making schemes before the welfare of the riders. How many riders in their pack can honestly say they know the "club rules", like "no overtaking from left, signal intentions, no half-wheeling", and many other pack-riding rules? They just need to buy the jersey and voila - they're free to ride in the group without being pestered. Who cares about a silly bunch of rules - they're just for show right? All is well and good, until their riders get caught breaking traffic rules - http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/longhouse5am/message/20452

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think if we put our heads together and ask around the people she pissed off, we will have enough material for a Wikipedia page on this. Keyboard warriors unite!

Boss, I'm now assigned to HK office so I'm not in the loop. You initiate and I'll surely support you all the way.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
normally i always have patience on cyclists, be it tricycle or 2 wheelers but i cannot tahan those posers who wear fancy cyclist jerseys and fanciful bicycle who gather in a big group on public road. riding in group of 20 and above dont give them rights of way, knn hogging the left lane and block motorists from turning left. riding at night without any lights visible and the last rider shd at least wear a high visible jacket over his/her stoopid jersey so that other road users can see them. i encounter them a few time at night along the tampines road leading to tampines ave 10 with little regards to safety. that is a twisting and dark dual carriageway where most motorist will step hard on the gas pedal as it normally devoid of traffic at night so what those cyclists are doing is just an accident waiting to happen.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A big group owns the left lane. Motorists just have to learn to be patient.

i have no problem if they ride in single file but to ride 3-4 deep is too much. especially on narrow single lane road, u expect the motorist to drive at 25-30km/h (provided there no weak cyclists) behind the cyclists?

i too ride bicycle in the past, a hand-me-down mountain bike from a NS friend, to work on saturday, from hougang to tanjong pagar. even though it in the day, i make sure my attire (tshirt and normal shorts) are of bright color and turn on the red blicking light at the rear. i only stop after office move further west of the island. now those posers ride at night in dark color jersey and no lights at all, are they having a death wish?

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, didn't know they have gotten to level 10, i mean 10 speed. Last i know Durexace:biggrin: only 9 speed. Campagnalo 11 speed now? :biggrin:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Here's the latest on the Langkawi tour.... Singapore is LAST and 10 Minutes adrift and they haven't even hit the mountains yet! What a bloody disgrace!

How on earth can a team of "stars" lose 10 minutes in a series of 4 flat stages with no significant cross winds to speak of? It would seem they can't even wheel suck.

Result
1Garmin Barracuda37:24:41
2Drapac Cycling0:01:10
3Androni Giocattoli0:02:44
4Astana Pro Team0:02:54
5Tabriz Petrochemical Team0:03:26
6New Zealand National Team0:03:34
7Team Europcar0:03:56
8MTN Qhubeka0:04:20
9United Healthcare0:04:44
10Champion System0:04:49
11Colnago CSF Inox0:04:58
12Rusvelo0:05:15
13Farnese Vini - Selle Italia0:06:01
14MAX Success Sports0:06:04
15Azad University Cross Team0:06:29
16Seoul Cycling0:06:36
17Aisan Racing Team0:07:15
18Terengganu Cycling Team0:07:22
19RTS Racing Team0:07:35
20Malaysia National Team0:08:24
21Indonesia National Team0:10:05
22OCBC Singapore0:10:51

<tbody>
</tbody>

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
i have no problem if they ride in single file but to ride 3-4 deep is too much. especially on narrow single lane road, u expect the motorist to drive at 25-30km/h (provided there no weak cyclists) behind the cyclists?

Yes that's what the motorist is supposed to do. Cyclists ride 3 to 4 abreast because we want to chit chat along the way. We can't do that if we ride single file. Motorists simply have to be patient and they can overtake when the opportunity arises. 30kph is a reasonable speed and since Singapore roads are congested, you're not really gaining much time going any faster. All that happens is you arrive 30 seconds earlier at the next traffic light.

i too ride bicycle in the past, a hand-me-down mountain bike from a NS friend, to work on saturday, from hougang to tanjong pagar. even though it in the day, i make sure my attire (tshirt and normal shorts) are of bright color and turn on the red blicking light at the rear. i only stop after office move further west of the island. now those posers ride at night in dark color jersey and no lights at all, are they having a death wish?

I agree with you on this. Cyclists should make themselves as visible as possible.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here's the latest on the Langkawi tour.... Singapore is LAST and 10 Minutes adrift and they haven't even hit the mountains yet! What a bloody disgrace!

How on earth can a team of "stars" lose 10 minutes in a series of 4 flat stages with no significant cross winds to speak of? It would seem they can't even wheel suck.

I can bet those sinkies probably had the best bikes and the biggest egos of all.