• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beware the CECA - trade pact between India and Singapore

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
http://www.fta.gov.sg/fta_ceca.asp?hl=6

The CECA is a comprehensive trade pact that PM Lee Hsien Loong signed with India in 2005. This trade pact allows Indian professionals free and unfettered access to the Singaoporean PMET job market.

Being a signatory of the CECA, the PAP, if its forms the government, is legally bound to adhere to its terms even if it makes changes to its manpower and foreign labour policies. That means that even if foreign manpower quotas are tightened, Indian professionals will still have free and unfettered access to our job market under the original terms of the CECA pact.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
A coalition government tomorrow to rescind the contract.

It's okay if Tiger no longer gets to fly to all destinations in India. I don't care.

It's okay if DBS no longer gets to open branches in all states in India. I don't care.

It's okay if Capital Land no longer gets to build shopping malls in all states of India to collect rupee. I don't care.

canonfairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.fta.gov.sg/fta_ceca.asp?hl=6

The CECA is a comprehensive trade pact that PM Lee Hsien Loong signed with India in 2005. This trade pact allows Indian professionals free and unfettered access to the Singaoporean PMET job market.

Being a signatory of the CECA, the PAP, if its forms the government, is legally bound to adhere to its terms even if it makes changes to its manpower and foreign labour policies. That means that even if foreign manpower quotas are tightened, Indian professionals will still have free and unfettered access to our job market under the original terms of the CECA pact.

there are already over 1 million foreign shit skins. this is the basic contract to sell the country to shit skins, sell all the PMET jobs in banks and IT to shit skins, sell citizenships to shit skins in exchange to get the shit skins to vote for them. the country should change name to Shitskinpore

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What's scary (and unknown to many) is that apart from guaranteeing access to our job market for all Indian nationals in 127 stipulated occupations, there are no quotas imposed. That means a 'Singaporeans first' policy proposed by the SDP – and in practice in the US and the EU nations – cannot be implemented because it will be a breach of CECA terms.

Even less well-known is the fact that Sim Ann was deputy director of trade at MTI when the CECA was signed in 2003.

That's why we must vote in more opposition and not give the PAP a blank cheque to continue screwing S'poreans.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
What's scary (and unknown to many) is that apart from guaranteeing access to our job market for all Indian nationals in 127 stipulated occupations, there are no quotas imposed. That means a 'Singaporeans first' policy proposed by the SDP – and in practice in the US and the EU nations – cannot be implemented because it will be a breach of CECA terms.

Even less well-known is the fact that Sim Ann was deputy director of trade at MTI when the CECA was signed in 2003.

That's why we must vote in more opposition and not give the PAP a blank cheque to continue screwing S'poreans.

Well said. If this is not reason enough to vote in the alternative, I don't see what will be a reason.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Calling it a trade pact is misleading, because it also covers the movement of labour.

A misleading pact signed off by a MISleader Lee Hsien Loong. :rolleyes:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did the oppos bring this up? Could have used it as a weapon against Sim ann

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
20111109_01.jpg

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the oppos bring this up? Could have used it as a weapon against Sim ann

Sadly, i think only SDA and some other small-timers brought this up during rallies , and and i'm afraid none during party TV broadcast. Maybe they were scared of getting sued.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Something so big went down and it was not brought up in parliament? No debate, no MPs telling their constituencies? What a fuckin joke?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whoever convinced lhl this pact with the shitskin devil was a good idea must be discovered and summarily executed with lamposts and piano wires.no matter how much I love money I would never sell my country out to s.its a heinous and unforgivable crime.the motherfucker deserves to die and I hope he burn in hell with lky.

Last edited:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly, i think only SDA and some other small-timers brought this up during rallies , and and i'm afraid none during party TV broadcast. Maybe they were scared of getting sued.

Just image it's CECA signed with china i can bet ppl would bring it up. I don't know why but it's just so fucking ridiculous and senseless but shit skins get away with this.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
A wasted opportunity for the oppositions...n no reason to get sued as stating the facts.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
any trade pact with india is unbalanced on day one as india's primary export is not basmati rice nor cowdung but human excrement, oops correction, expertise in portraying themselves as it experts.