• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best Speech on the Revised Minister Salary....

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good thinking, army drills should also be conducted in English. No more Sediya, senang diri, untuk periksa datang senjata Bullshit right? But Attention, At East, For inspection at Arms!

You want more?

Hormat Kepada Bendara, Hormat. Salute the flag, SALUTE!

Yang Tinggi Ke Kanan, Rendah ke Kiri, Dalam Satu Barisan Paras - Fall out. Then arrange yourselves from right to left, from the tallest to shortest.
Dari Kanan, Angkat satu Dan Dua Bilang - from the right, shout 1 and 2.
Nombor Ganjil Satu Langkah Kehadapan, Nombor Genap Satu Langkah Ke Belakang, Gerak- Odd number move 1 step forward, even numbers move 1 step backward, march.
Orang di Sebelah Kanan Diam. Nombor Ganjil Bergerak Ke Kanan, Nombor Genap Bergerak Ke Kiri. Barisan, Ke Kanan Dan Ke Kiri Pu-SING - The right person stay put. Odd number turn to their right while even numbers turn to their left.
Jadikan Tiga Barisan, cepat jalan - March to for 3 rows.

Or my favourite one, Tukar Langkah become change step!

Be careful what you wished for bro, i have said this many times to you.

reminds of of my nightmare in my NS days...
i hate drills, i hate drills as a man and even when i was an commander. those malay commands.....waste me dunno how many of hours of sleep at night to master it...fuck ass...

the most stress part....when CSM stands beside you to hear you give commands......all the bloody left and right turns on the march.....in your head keep saying this to yourself.... "left leg right leg left leg right leg.."

fuck drills

spotter542

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why english? our national language is malay. For you info, all laws drafted MUST have a copy of it in malay. i too only know about this surprising fact only when i talked to a law graduate.

Will Sillypore be a Muslim state in the next 50 years ? :eek:
Everywhere you dine , got halal chicken rice , halal wanton mee , halal char kway teow ( YUCKS ! ) , halal thai food , halal japanese food , halal ...
I dread the day where they will enforce that all male and female citizens need to be circumcised when they reach puberty :biggrin: :p

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will Sillypore be a Muslim state in the next 50 years ? :eek:
Everywhere you dine , got halal chicken rice , halal wanton mee , halal char kway teow ( YUCKS ! ) , halal thai food , halal japanese food , halal ...
I dread the day where they will enforce that all male and female citizens need to be circumcised when they reach puberty :biggrin: :p

scary but statistical data shows that muslim population are really the fastest growing population in the world. going on at this rate....in merely 100 years they might really ruled the whole world not just sg.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why english? our national language is malay. For you info, all laws drafted MUST have a copy of it in malay. i too only know about this surprising fact only when i talked to a law graduate.

Forve has a point, though he made it too bluntly. He must really be fucked badly by his MIL. Anyway, back to the point, the statement that all Singapore laws are drafted and enacted in English is technically correct. All statues would be translated in Malay, Chinese and Tamil for the record. For in cases of trials involving non-English speakers, the standard translation would be provided to the court translators. Police charges are always executed in English. If the accused doesn't understand English, a translator can be requested. The translator must adhere to the official translations. There's always the caveat at the end of the translated versions. In case of disputes and ambiguities through the process of translation and understanding, the English version shall be deemed to be authoritative and prevailing.

As for why Singapore military and police drill commands are in Malay, it was because of the British had always used Malay drill commands in Malaya and Singapore. Those colonial days, seriously most local police patrolmen were Malays and most local soldiers were Indians. Malay was encouraged as a common language of unity as British and Indians find Malay easy to learn and master and authentically native. The tradition last through merger and independence.

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As for why Singapore military and police drill commands are in Malay, it was because of the British had always used Malay drill commands in Malaya and Singapore. Those colonial days, seriously most local police patrolmen were Malays and most local soldiers were Indians. Malay was encouraged as a common language of unity as British and Indians find Malay easy to learn and master and authentically native. The tradition last through merger and independence.

Ah Ram what about the Gurkha Contingent in Spore... Do they use Malay or English for their drills?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah Ram what about the Gurkha Contingent in Spore... Do they use Malay or English for their drills?

i ever on course with gurkha before, they seems to understand our malay commands. i think they too use malay for local forces. But i heard their chief (that british officer) in sg must learn their native language and speaks to them in it as a form of mutual respect.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, they have no problem with Malay drill commands. All Singapore disciplined forces use standardized Malay drill commands. However, all Gurkhas started as soldiers through British Army training, even though some later became Singapore policemen. So, they're familiar with English drill commands too.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i ever on course with gurkha before, they seems to understand our malay commands. i think they too use malay for local forces. But i heard their chief (that british officer) in sg must learn their native language and speaks to them in it as a form of mutual respect.

You are right.. During my NS, this British guy ever came to my camp to see his Gurkha boys who were attending some course there.. The Gurkhas there gave him a firm British style army Salute.. He spoke to them in Hindi or Gurkhali fluently well...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, they have no problem with Malay drill commands. All Singapore disciplined forces use standardized Malay drill commands. However, all Gurkhas started as soldiers through British Army training, even though some later became Singapore policemen. So, they're familiar with English drill commands too.

Ram ever heard of this old man Koh Beng Geok? He used to be the Police Chief Drill Instructor back then at PA.. My uncle still has his old Squad photo taken back then during his Police traiining days.. This guy Koh Beng Geok was in that photo too.. My uncle used to say he's a bloody fussy during Drill sessions..

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ram ever heard of this old man Koh Beng Geok? He used to be the Police Chief Drill Instructor back then at PA.. My uncle still has his old Squad photo taken back then during his Police traiining days.. This guy Koh Beng Geok was in that photo too.. My uncle used to say he's a bloody fussy during Drill sessions..

How could I not know KBG? He was my CDI at PA. Always talking about he wanted to hear the heel click sound when marching. One of the ugliest fellow ever. Also neither steady nor humourous. Once I remarked to WPCs that his looks were 108,000 miles from mine and he overheard, he sent me to report guardroom. :mad:

Last edited:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How could I not know KBG? He was my CDI at PA. Always talking about he wanted to hear the heel click sound when marching. One of the ugliest fellow ever. Also neither steady nor humourous. Once I remarked to WPCs that his looks were 108,000 miles from mine and he overheard, he sent me to report guardroom. :mad:

hahaha knn! KBG! CDI during my time in PA too! i think insp right?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

wow..WPCs you also want to sian ? most of them are tomboy leh ...:wink:

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Chinese should be banned from Parliament. Only English should be used. Our laws are draftted and enacted in English.

PAP Chinese MPs are falling over each other to be seen speaking Chinese because of Chen Show Mao. However, CSM speaks English better than all of them.

yes! CSM is the best speaker regardless english or chinese.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
But working language is En-ga-lish leh.