• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Best place get baht in Bangkok

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I'd said many times before, trust me and don't waste time, just go to the green SuperRich you'll be alright.

Say Joe's name got better rates even........when Pii Joe change money its by appointment and he go inside office one for VIP service.
Farangs tell me Vasu has good rates when changing USDs.....
Many times changing in Sinkieland (GM) the rate is better than bangkok.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Like I'd said many times before, trust me and don't waste time, just go to the green SuperRich you'll be alright.

Some may ask why I bother with the small rate differences. Well 1st it's not difficult to get to the Super Rich area AND I intend to open a LOS bank account & start saving baht :wink:

Some may have noticed that the baht is very strong. It's now about 23.35 to a Sing$. In the future it might even get stronger , or rather the Sing$ weaker:confused: Other than the death of LKY, there is the possibility that all the hidden skeletons of Temasek may come out:eek:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Say Joe's name got better rates even........when Pii Joe change money its by appointment and he go inside office one for VIP service.
Farangs tell me Vasu has good rates when changing USDs.....
Many times changing in Sinkieland (GM) the rate is better than bangkok.

Please don't say my name they don't know me. But yes there were twice I needed make appointment to change inside their office and once saw a monk with a huge cloth bag full of foreign currencies to change to baht.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
i just change in sg, then go thai to use.

i mean, we are not changing millions of dollar, so a 0.05 difference is not that painful.

example: change 1k sg = 24k baht at shop A.
change 1k sg = 23.95k baht at shop B

difference of 50 baht, the most can get u 2 plate of normal chicken rice. but i think most of us spend more than 50 bahts on ladies drinks and tips to the waitress..:smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i just change in sg, then go thai to use.

i mean, we are not changing millions of dollar, so a 0.05 difference is not that painful.

example: change 1k sg = 24k baht at shop A.
change 1k sg = 23.95k baht at shop B

difference of 50 baht, the most can get u 2 plate of normal chicken rice. but i think most of us spend more than 50 bahts on ladies drinks and tips to the waitress..:smile:

If you go once in a blue moon to LOS then there's less benefit.

Many Sporeans are looking for a cheap place like LOS to retire. Over the long term future. those small amounts of baht do add up. Just ask the PAP about all those plates of kway tiow:smile:

Last edited: