• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Beef and boats focus of Indonesia talks

PAULSTANL3Y

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Remember this : if you bet opposite the PigFace retard every single time, you will be a very rich man. :biggrin:

Beef and boats focus of Indonesia talks

By Karlis Salna, AAP South-East Asia Correspondent, AAP Updated July 5, 2013, 2:25 pm

1778017_050713m_kevinruddindonesia_800x600-18tcj26.jpg

Prime Minister Kevin Rudd has called for Indonesia to relax restrictions on cattle imports while warning crucial talks with President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono should not be expected to yield dramatic results on asylum seekers.

While the prime minister has insisted his mission to Jakarta is about trade and investment, the issues of asylum seekers and cattle exports remain the focus in Australia in terms of the relationship with Indonesia.

Mr Rudd has, however, already moved to hose down expectations of significant progress on a deal with Indonesia that would help resolve the asylum-seeker problem.

"Of course border security will be part of the discussions I have with President Yudhoyono," Mr Rudd said on Thursday night, shortly after arriving in Jakarta.

But it would be "quite wrong to have huge expectations that there's going to be some headline result," he said.

Still, Mr Rudd has said the cattle trade would be a priority in the discussions, telling a business breakfast in Jakarta on Friday that there were opportunities for Australia and Indonesia to work in partnership in the sector.

"It begins, of course, with the relaxation of supply constraints in the Indonesian beef market," Mr Rudd said, in reference to quotas on cattle imports put in place by Indonesia after the 2011 suspension on live exports.

Australian cattle exports to Indonesia have never fully recovered from a temporary ban on live trade which followed evidence of animal cruelty in Indonesian abattoirs.

The comments were met with an appeal from the head of the Indonesian Chamber of Commerce, Suryo Sulisto, for Mr Rudd to elevate the relationship with Indonesia above the "three Bs" - a reference to beef, boats and Bali.

Mr Rudd said there were massive opportunities for Australia that would spring from the country's rapidly expanding middle class.

The growth of Indonesia's economy had been "as rapid as it is impressive," adding that it was on track to become the seventh biggest economy in the world by 2030 and fourth largest by 2050.

"Already, Indonesia's consuming class is larger than Australia's population," he said.

"By 2030 the Indonesian middle class will be made up of 145 million people."

"Indonesia should become a vast market place for Australian goods and services, and industry."

But the prime minister also warned that in order to take advantage of the "demographic dividend", and bridge the "perception gap", there would have to be more Australians that are "Indonesia literate".

"That will be a pathway to the future," he said.

Mr Rudd said he was happy to be returning to Indonesia, where he'd been on at least 10 previous occasions both as "a somebody" and "a nobody".

"I'm back to being a somebody," he said.

Mr Rudd said the relationship with Indonesia was one of Australia's "most critical", but conceded that it was tested from time to time.

"When it's going well, it's terrific," he said.

"When it hasn't gone well, it's bad for both of us. But you know something, we're on a positive trajectory for the future."

Mr Rudd also launched the Australia Indonesia Country Strategy - an expansion on the Asian Century White Paper.

"This is a document that outlines a broad pathway to a stronger trade and investment relationship that we can have together," he said.

"It outlines a vision of where our relationship with Indonesia should be in 2025 and how we intend to get here."

PigFace

Alfrescian
Loyal
I admit and concede that you are the best thing that happened to this forum. Your achievements

1) BIGGEST DONOR
2) Most clones
3) Highest number of reputation points
4) Most number of posts
5) Most hours spend here
6) Owns the sports, international, suicide section
7) Almost owns the courtyard cafe
8) Battalion Best in self-up points
9) Company best in self reply to own post, losing narrowly to leetahbar only, if not can get battalion best

I feel so insignificant compared to you. I surrender. :o

PAULSTANL3Y

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I admit and concede that you are the best thing that happened to this forum. Your achievements

I feel so insignificant compared to you. I surrender. :o

Full of lies. You clone of PAP IB is....

1) BIGGEST DONOR
2) Most clones
3) Highest number of reputation points
4) Most number of posts
5) Most hours spend here
6) Owns the sports, international, suicide section
7) Almost owns the courtyard cafe
8) Battalion Best in self-up points
9) Company best in self reply to own post, losing narrowly to leetahbar only, if not can get battalion best
10) Use InfP clones to give yourself more than 600 over points.
11) :biggrin: