• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bed Cooler for Hospitals

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
got penis cooler anot... i kinda getting plenty of erection lately. need to cool down abit.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have none to sell. I have no business interest in this. Just stating the facts and figures as an experienced M&E engineer for many years. My very purpose is to create awareness so that our hospitals will use bed cooler to save our hospital bills for our comfort stays. Lets face it , we will get old and sick one day eventhough we don't like to talk about it. If you have any other questions on bed coolers or airconditoiners, I would be glad to assist.

The hospital bed are multi function. ICU bed can even take weight of patient at a push of a button. With the cooler install, can the bed still able to wheel around?

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have none to sell. I have no business interest in this. Just stating the facts and figures as an experienced M&E engineer for many years. My very purpose is to create awareness so that our hospitals will use bed cooler to save our hospital bills for our comfort stays. Lets face it , we will get old and sick one day eventhough we don't like to talk about it. If you have any other questions on bed coolers or airconditoiners, I would be glad to assist.

There should be no problem as quick connectors or couplers of plug and socket have been around in market for a very long time. they can be used in this application.. just pull the plug and the water will be sealed..no spillage.. the cooler mat is just like another smaller "sheet" of bed lining. Thanks for bringing up the awareness..

http://www.staubli.com/en/connectors/quick-couplings/cooling-line-coupling/cbi-clean-break/

They use the same type of plug and socket for fuel filling motorspot rally where time is of essence to ensure safety and reliability

http://www.staubli.com/en/connectors/quick-couplings/cooling-line-coupling/inboard-fuel-lines-spt/

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You stated that it will costs $800-$1,300. I did a search & found products that are cheaper. Might get one for home use because I usually feel hot.
Any recommendations on which product I should look at:confused:

The one I found are:
http://www.japantrendshop.com/kuchofuku-air-conditioned-bed-p-140.html

http://www.amazon.com/ChiliPad-Cool..._sbs_hg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=16KT7CJPJ15FMQMWEBAF

http://www.alibaba.com/product-deta...attress-water-cooling-mattress_729481748.html

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/sleepwell-mattress_716120118.html

http://www.huimao.com/product/showproduct.php?lang=en&id=29

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal

Think the price has dropped slightly in the local shop.. may be there is promotion sale going on..

http://www.ucoolz.com/products.html

This one has been going on for quite a while about 2 to 3 years.. dun know if there are other sale locally. The chillipad is even longer. But some has difficulty ordering from the HQ before as they dun ship overseas..they might have change their business model. this one you quote is from Amazon. The first one use air circulation which is not effective unless you have another a/c. There are many Chinese made model or the like available from TaoBao or Alibaba... not much about buying from them although one or two said the quality is of question.

Last edited:

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ask around for the construction material. Almost all commercial bed coolers are made of electronic chiller. they are small and compact. Most electronic chiller use aluminum heat sinks which is acceptable so long if they dun use aluminum for water circuit as they may corrode easily over time when in contact with water; a better material would be stainless steel or copper for the chiller water container. The pump is another important item. Those with good plastics impellers will last. most would have just a motor winding and an impeller. if you can find one with magnetic driven coupler like this would be good as this type of pump offer maximum water seal. Unfortunately, am not in this line and most brochure offered nothing much technically.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...fhV0Ve3Ztmu7nE6mHSQXAzmE-mCt_J2xj_RgXwApRz6yA

Last edited:

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may want to also buy a Gel cool pad. ucoolz selling for $138/= but one can get cheaper ones from Q0010. I got them around $20/= each. The better one around $ 50/=. Gel cool pad is a supplement to bed cooler as it offer instant cooling while waiting for bed cooler to run up the temperature.. save electricity as one does not need to turn on bed cooler earlier than necessary.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ask around for the construction material. Almost all commercial bed coolers are made of electronic chiller. they are small and compact. Most electronic chiller use aluminum heat sinks which is acceptable so long if they dun use aluminum for water circuit as they may corrode easily over time when in contact with water; a better material would be stainless steel or copper for the chiller water container. The pump is another important item. Those with good plastics impellers will last. most would have just a motor winding and an impeller. if you can find one with magnetic driven coupler like this would be good as this type of pump offer maximum water seal. Unfortunately, am not in this line and most brochure offered nothing much technically.

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/...fhV0Ve3Ztmu7nE6mHSQXAzmE-mCt_J2xj_RgXwApRz6yA

I've read some of the reviews on Amazon regarding the chillipad & some have complained of leaks & that's why local support is useful especially for something as expensive as this product.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You may want to also buy a Gel cool pad. ucoolz selling for $138/= but one can get cheaper ones from Q0010. I got them around $20/= each. The better one around $ 50/=. Gel cool pad is a supplement to bed cooler as it offer instant cooling while waiting for bed cooler to run up the temperature.. save electricity as one does not need to turn on bed cooler earlier than necessary.

Yes I'm aware of the gel cool pad wanted to order one from CooQ to try it with my chair, but I'm still waiting for a refund from Qexpress for a lost delivery from another merchant:(

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may want to ask for the price of tube extension.. the chiller unit can be noisy and you might want to locate it outdoor or in the toilet.. of course, one can always improvise using just those cheap plastic tubes.. there is a maximum length of tube extension..think 6 to 10 metres

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You may want to ask for the price of tube extension.. the chiller unit can be noisy and you might want to locate it outdoor or in the toilet.. of course, one can always improvise using just those cheap plastic tubes.. there is a maximum length of tube extension..think 6 to 10 metres

I'm ok with the noise because I currently sleep with the a fan running.

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm ok with the noise because I currently sleep with the a fan running.

You can still modify it anytime you want. Make sure you place the box in ventilated area and the box will need to reject the heat.. set the temperature to 25C first, then adjust to suit..too cold will not be comfortable although one will get the cooling sensation initially. Good to ask how the pad will be fasten to the bed.. make sure it dun move while sleeping.. it is good only to use distilled water; the PUB's newwater will be fine but not the mineral water as they contain some traces of calcium etc which can form scales in the system.

Last edited:

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
This user of bed cooler was saying he could save 50% of his electricity or 299 kwh of electricity from 457 to 168 kwh per month after he used the bed cooler... he even photocopied his PUB consumption enquiry just to prove it..

electsaved.jpg

revealer

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy also said using bed cooler has "cure" his sinus problem as the text described..
however, there are many reasons causing sinus. If it is originated from cold when one sleep inside an ac room, good to try this bed cooler if they still wanted the cooling to put one to bed. There are obvious benefit of having an air-conditioner. First, it can allow one to close the door to cut off/reduce outside air; then there is a filter to clean the air.
For sinus patients, one can experiment to isolate the sinus problem. First, cut off the outside air by closing the doors and windows and turn the air-conditioner and set it at higher temperature around 28C-29C, then sleep with the bed cooler on. If necessary, turn on also the supplement air purifier which has capability to filter out air of particles causing sinus problem. Most purifiers claim to be able to filter particulates of more than 10 microns. Pollen grains are 30 microns, dust mite waste particles are about 20 microns, and cat allergen particles vary from about 1 to 20 microns in size. This combination can still save 40%-50% energy of the normal air conditioner, setting at 25C.