• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Because Tampines tragedy parents were Christians, pls don't burn joss..........

Kohliantye

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read a motherfucking most likely City Harvest Church dumbfuck expressing the point that the parents being devout Christians, well meaning and sympathetic neighbours like the Vietnamese woman should not burn joss offerings to the deceased. Fuck the self serving CHC cunts. They should look at this.........

wake56_0jpg1359618137140-data.jpg

I admire and respect these multi-racial and multi-religious crowd that were at the funeral wake of the two little boys who died recently.

The tudung-clad Muslim women and the young Indian girl next to them (could possibly be a Hindu) proves that when one is down and out, everyone will be there to help in whatever way, irregardless of race, language and religion.

A very good sign for multi-racial Singaporeans. Shows we have matured as compared to some other "unfortunate" people in other countries.

My family have personally attended many Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Toaist, Sikh weddings (and even funerals).

At these functions (in churches, temples and other places of worship), we too have seen tudung-clad women in attendance.

There is nothing wrong with such a show of solidarity and co-operation.

Such acts only further strengthen our bonds as a multi-religious, multi-cultural and multi-racial people.

May the Lord Bless all Singaporeans for HE is the ONE and ONLY.

I am sure many readers or their loved ones at one time or another may have received blood donated by Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist, Jews and more.

GOD BLESS ALL SINGAPOREANS.

songsongjurong

Alfrescian
Loyal
usually pagan worshippers would mind their business, proclaiming, indian god, malay god, angmo what have you, and others other gods... but i personally encounter xtians engage in proselytization in hdb slums...

they would specifically target those units with joss sticks urns, joss paper bin etc, you know the drill, don't u, another all time favourite is to visit hospital for terminally ill, attempt to convert those whose days numbered.... I really wonder why the hospital allow such intrusion into the wards.

河水不犯井水 but xtians seems to have nothing good to say about other religion :confused:

Am not taking sides here but isn't burning joss sticks and paper money to figures of different deities also an example of style over substance? Are there not "religions" that do this?
As another poster said, real Buddhism is not about worshipping anything or anyone.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usually pagan worshippers would mind their business, proclaiming, indian god, malay god, angmo what have you, and others other gods... but i personally encounter xtians engage in proselytization in hdb slums...

they would specifically target those units with joss sticks urns, joss paper bin etc, you know the drill, don't u, another all time favourite is to visit hospital for terminally ill, attempt to convert those whose days numbered.... I really wonder why the hospital allow such intrusion into the wards.

河水不犯井水 but xtians seems to have nothing good to say about other religion :confused:

Heheh, I had Jehovah's witnesses come to my doorstep on more than one occasion due to them seeing a joss stick urn at my corridor/balcony.

Unbeknownst to them, I was quite well versed in the Bible, so I took it out and used it to preach against their cult. They were absolutely taken by surprise and eventually made a hasty retreat. :biggrin:

You see, Christians think converting someone = saving his/her soul, prevent him/her from going to hell after death. It's instructed by Jesus in the Bible. That's why some missionaries are daring/insane enough to go preach and convert in places like Saudi Arabia.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Heheh, I had Jehovah's witnesses come to my doorstep on more than one occasion due to them seeing a joss stick urn at my corridor/balcony.

Unbeknownst to them, I was quite well versed in the Bible, so I took it out and used it to preach against their cult. They were absolutely taken by surprise and eventually made a hasty retreat. :biggrin:

You see, Christians think converting someone = saving his/her soul, prevent him/her from going to hell after death. It's instructed by Jesus in the Bible. That's why some missionaries are daring/insane enough to go preach and convert in places like Saudi Arabia.

these ignorant followers of man-made false religions don't realize................

there's no one to convert.............and nothing to convert to.................those that understand Emptiness will know.................

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I admire and respect these multi-racial and multi-religious crowd that were at the funeral wake of the two little boys who died recently.

The tudung-clad Muslim women and the young Indian girl next to them (could possibly be a Hindu) proves that when one is down and out, everyone will be there to help in whatever way, irregardless of race, language and religion.

A very good sign for multi-racial Singaporeans. Shows we have matured as compared to some other "unfortunate" people in other countries.

My family have personally attended many Muslim, Christian, Hindu, Toaist, Sikh weddings (and even funerals).

At these functions (in churches, temples and other places of worship), we too have seen tudung-clad women in attendance.

There is nothing wrong with such a show of solidarity and co-operation.

Such acts only further strengthen our bonds as a multi-religious, multi-cultural and multi-racial people.

May the Lord Bless all Singaporeans for HE is the ONE and ONLY.

I am sure many readers or their loved ones at one time or another may have received blood donated by Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhist, Jews and more.

GOD BLESS ALL SINGAPOREANS.

Any bets that this display of 'multiracial', 'multireligious' photo op in the mainstream media had been elaborately planned by the PAP grassroots?

After all, it happened for Bedok Reservoir.

st_images_rsprayer06e.jpg

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any bets that this display of 'multiracial', 'multireligious' photo op in the mainstream media had been elaborately planned by the PAP grassroots?

If a disaster took place when representatives of various Gods were present, I wonder how their religion will explain the tragedy.

curse044

Alfrescian
Loyal
Am not taking sides here but isn't burning joss sticks and paper money to figures of different deities also an example of style over substance? Are there not "religions" that do this?
As another poster said, real Buddhism is not about worshipping anything or anyone.

U refering to Taoism or Buddhism. Dun mixed up.

Lordshiva

Alfrescian
Loyal
My devotees consists of Chinese and angmo too . Tourists from all over the world like to come to my temple and take my photograph too !! I feel like a Bollywood star !!

Tuayapeh

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Why they never invited Tuayapeh to the reservoir ? ah peh every month must hit sales target so that king of hade will let me keep my job .

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I read a motherfucking most likely City Harvest Church dumbfuck expressing the point that the parents being devout Christians, well meaning and sympathetic neighbours like the Vietnamese woman should not burn joss offerings to the deceased. Fuck the self serving CHC cunts. They should look at this.........

wake56_0jpg1359618137140-data.jpg

Thanks to Bro Debonerman for this pic..

I stood at the opposite block where the funeral was being held..

Saw a Malay granny accompanied by her daughter attending the funeral and paying their respects.. Both shed tears of sadness..

Waiting for some negative comments about the Malays by some Forummers who loves calling our Malays '' m&ds''...

Look clearly at this picture.. Couple of '' m&ds'' attending the a Chinese funeral and paying their respects to the deceased and the family..

Where were you guys when these '' m&ds'' attended the funeral?

Busy inside your room surfing SBF?