• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bankruptcy enquiries

Mr Perfect

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone have bankruptcy knowledge? i have some question

yes, thinking of going bankrupt

1)writ of possession ? HDB force to sell? items in HDB belonging to other family member, are they secured?

2) know any service, that will plan bankruptcy for individual?

3) voluntary or sued bankrupt, got difference?

4) Where can I get official help to my questions? just to confirm

I will be going for a seminar by CCS next week

My situation, if interested

owe bank 90k , unable to pay up... need cash for own business turnover, getting worst as only able to pay minimum sum, family/friend cant help anymore

age 30 , HDB not fully paid, under parent and child name, child paying now

Jabba

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before you proceed to file for bankruptcy...give it a last shot...talk to the banks and try to arrange for instalments. They will charge u certain interest for your outstandings and you pay off in instalments over an agreed period. Remember that the banks will not sue you for bankruptcy unless you owe them over 10k...

your house will be left alone...the items in your house will have to be proved that they are paid by others...

pls bear in mind that being a bankrupt will have many negative effects on your lives in future...employers may not hire you...you will probably nvr get a loan approved in future..etc...

try to talk to the banks 1st...good luck

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
no matter what... hold out to the last... never file for bankruptcy petition. Let the banks do it.

file yourself and others file against you will have a difference in your considerations for future possible discharge.

The nightmare of bankruptcy is not being a bankrupt. BUT the OAs are the real nightmares.

Let me quote you a source from http://app2.ipto.gov.sg/IPTOService...forBankruptcy/tabid/376/Default.aspxDischarge by the Court and the OA
Insolvent persons cannot be held in individual insolvency perpetually until their debts are fully settled. For example, in cases where insolvent persons have done their best to make payments and have no assets, or are old, sick and unemployed, the court may, upon application by the OA, the insolvent person or any interested person, discharge the insolvent person. The OA may also in his discretion, issue certificates discharging insolvent persons who have been in individual insolvency for more than 3 years, and their debts do not exceed $500,000, and the conduct of the insolvent persons have been good during the period of insolvency. A discharge by the court or by certificate issued by the OA, releases an insolvent person from all debts provable against him save for a few exceptions. Creditors would not be able to pursue their claims against the insolvent person any further.

If you read the above it "seems" quite reasonable to secure a discharge BUT if you read carefully the whole paragraph contradicts itself greatly. In the beginning of the paragraph, it stated categorically that a person cannot be held insolvent perpetually. - this sound very reasonable and good but hidden somewhere in the middle of the paragraph is OA's discretionary power. This discretionary power borders in Grey areas as there are not clear boundaries of where the discretionary power starts or end.

Friend, if anything at all avoid being a bankrupt. Singaporean are one of the least forgiving people in world no thanks to our Government who had effectively associate a bankrupt to a cheat, dishonest, liar, political defamers, etc etc,... almost anything with negative ca- notations will add well to the list.

My best bet is I rather you go and "ROB" a HARMLESS RICH OLD MAN to pay off your debt than to be a bankrupt. At least an ex criminal you have the yellow ribbon supports to get you back on your feet. As a bankrupt, the future is as bleak as it can gets and all you will have is the belief in yourself that keeps you going and alive. Otherwise... sincerely, do not count on Singaporeans for any kind of support whether emotionally or financially. To Singaporeans, Bankrupts are WORST than criminals.

If you have been following the news, a CFO of a listed company was asked to leave because he was a bankrupt. An ex-bankrupt with monthly stable salary of $6'000 rejected by BANKS to even get a decent credit card.

If you would to ask again, I would say, go rob someone (punt intended) at least in the eyes of most Singaporeans, a robber is easily forgive and forgotten.....not so for a bankrupt as the records would stay for as long as 6 years and thereafter it will still be around albeit "cloak" in darkness while ex inmates ARE protected by LAW to have their records removed after a few years depending on severity of their crime.

Go rob someone, but do not use weapon. Try bare-hands, better if you know some akido etc.

..... truth hurts...

SneeringTree

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before you proceed to file for bankruptcy...give it a last shot...talk to the banks and try to arrange for instalments. They will charge u certain interest for your outstandings and you pay off in instalments over an agreed period. Remember that the banks will not sue you for bankruptcy unless you owe them over 10k...

your house will be left alone...the items in your house will have to be proved that they are paid by others...

pls bear in mind that being a bankrupt will have many negative effects on your lives in future...employers may not hire you...you will probably nvr get a loan approved in future..etc...

try to talk to the banks 1st...good luck

This guy is a spammer and baiter. Don't bother to reply to him. He lifts posts from other forums and posts them here. He does not add to the discussion whatsoever. I think he is mentally disturbed.

Cerebral

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
from my limited knowledge, there is a big difference between self declare and kena sued. I think the amoun you pay per month differs. Self declare is only around 20% (so i hear), while kena sued is more, up to 70% (u have to verify the amt). Credit cards not a big issue. Supp from wife, or use fixed D to secure one in the future. HDBcannot be touched. Can even drive a car, as long as under ur wife&s name. But what the ppl say here is true abt stigma. But if u are not in a sensitive line, it will not matter that much.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy is a spammer and baiter. Don't bother to reply to him. He lifts posts from other forums and posts them here. He does not add to the discussion whatsoever. I think he is mentally disturbed.

ya.. notice too.. a bit creepy... like all the worst things in life happened to one single person... perhaps now plotting to "bomb" harbourfront with his own self concocted soy sauce potent chili rampa... perhaps an aspiring conspiracy theorist.. albeit .. from the other side.. much like silence of the HAM!

:biggrin:

jw5

Loyal
Those of you who think this clown is serious should look out for other threads started by him.

shawna

Alfrescian
Loyal

1)writ of possession ? HDB force to sell? items in HDB belonging to other family member, are they secured?

owe bank 90k , unable to pay up... need cash for own business turnover, getting worst as only able to pay minimum sum, family/friend cant help anymore

a bit confusing here. I thought u r earning 2.6k and looking for a gf... and u r not confident whether u can find a gf. so how did u end up being bankrupt and with a child?

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really true of what you say. I have this friend who had just recently discharged from bankruptcy.

This fucking cheebye guy when he was in bankruptcy still can go for happy hour at Top Ten and had a beer and enjoy seeing the girls there. He enjoyed life like what he did in the past. The bankruptcy never affected him at all.

He is married and luckily he got a good wife. Wife never fuck him, but still let him go out and enjoy life. He had a son and his wife is supporting the son. His HDB is fully paid, and he even had an investments in some fund when he put his money in other banks where they are not able to trace it.

He told me his investments let him had around $1000 to spend and his wife controlled his pocket money by giving him $250 to spend per week. He no need to give his wife money and still have money to spend.

His fucker still enjoy life like the same in the past, makes me wonder does bankruptcy really affect someone's life or not??? Especially for his friend of mine???

no matter what... hold out to the last... never file for bankruptcy petition. Let the banks do it.

file yourself and others file against you will have a difference in your considerations for future possible discharge.

The nightmare of bankruptcy is not being a bankrupt. BUT the OAs are the real nightmares.

Friend, if anything at all avoid being a bankrupt. Singaporean are one of the least forgiving people in world no thanks to our Government who had effectively associate a bankrupt to a cheat, dishonest, liar, political defamers, etc etc,... almost anything with negative ca- notations will add well to the list.

As a bankrupt, the future is as bleak as it can gets and all you will have is the belief in yourself that keeps you going and alive. Otherwise... sincerely, do not count on Singaporeans for any kind of support whether emotionally or financially. To Singaporeans, Bankrupts are WORST than criminals.
..... truth hurts...

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
wanna share how he secure his discharge and for how long he was a bankrupt and how much he owe to the creditors?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone have bankruptcy knowledge? I have some question

1)writ of possession ? (what is writ of possession?)
hdb force to sell? (no one can force you to sell to repaid debts, in fact when you become bankrupt you don't have to bother about your debts anymore, just your monthly installment to oa)
items in hdb belonging to other family member, are they secured? (if they got receipt to show they paid it then garang kuni man cannot touch)

3) voluntary or sued bankrupt, got difference? (what the dif bankrupt is still bankrupt)

4) where can i get official help to my questions? Just to confirm (ipto.gov.sg)
bankruptcy is not bad thing, in fact it is a good thing, you get to screw your creditors (read banks) and don't have to pay a shit back to them.

Subok

Alfrescian
Loyal
bankruptcy is not bad thing, in fact it is a good thing, you get to screw your creditors (read banks) and don't have to pay a shit back to them.

hhhaha.. bro love your reply... on the other hand they screwed your record for almost perpetuity. banks are necessary "evil" of the system... with them boycotting you... unless you filthy rich, pretty hard to navigate around.

sohbuckkong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our Government have changed the bankruptcy laws so that we could be discharge after 3 yrs of being a bankrupt. This is a priviledge given to us so as to encourage us to take higher risk to venture into business. If u do not have any private properties etc, then u should go for bankruptcy. You will feel a great sense of relief.

Assuming you do not wish to go thru bankruptcy, can you clear this dept within 3 years? If you cant then u should definately go for bankruptcy.

Dont be afraid of OA as they are there to help you.
As a bankrupt, you dont owe money to the OA. Therefore its not compulsory that you need to 'pay' the OA a certain fix sum of money every month. This is negotiable and this money collected is used to pay up your debtors.

It is true that after discharge you may have problems applying for loan from banks. However you will be surprised that after discharge from bankruptcy, and thereafter with a good clean record (i.e debt free thereafter and with good job and with ok salary), DBS is willing to issue you credit cards again.