• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bank accounts safe or not?

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Close to 650 Standard Chartered private bank clients in Singapore have had their information stolen, the bank said on Thursday evening.

Stanchart was informed of the theft by the police, its chief executive for Singapore, Mr Ray Ferguson, told media at a hastily arranged briefing.

Mr Ferguson said 647 of the private banking clients' monthly statements for February this year were accessed illegally.

He added that the theft did not occur through the bank's IT and data security systems.

ilovesingapore

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what if my account and my details are known and one day i log in and all my money gone!!

it this possible???

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what if my account and my details are known and one day i log in and all my money gone!!

it this possible???

Bro dont use e banking....use the old type...bank book:biggrin:

100-things-in-80s-part-2-posb-bank-acc-book.jpg

Last edited:

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Close to 650 Standard Chartered private bank clients in Singapore have had their information stolen, the bank said on Thursday evening.

Stanchart was informed of the theft by the police, its chief executive for Singapore, Mr Ray Ferguson, told media at a hastily arranged briefing.

Mr Ferguson said 647 of the private banking clients' monthly statements for February this year were accessed illegally.

He added that the theft did not occur through the bank's IT and data security systems.

IT DEFINITELY SAFER THAN TO PUT YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY INTO A 'BANK' CALLED CPF! LoL

MOLANY0NG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

These two days i have been posting news on hacking. Why is it that i have to be the one to wake them up? :rolleyes::biggrin:

3684492.jpg

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who think that $$$ in a Spore bank account are safe you'd better think twice. Heard from some indonesians who parked their funds here that their funds went missing.

soIsee

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who think that $$$ in a Spore bank account are safe you'd better think twice. Heard from some indonesians who parked their funds here that their funds went missing.

Don't tell me CPeeF or their sister acomplices took them too? hahahaha

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"Mr Ferguson said 647 of the private banking clients' monthly statements for February this year were accessed illegally.He added that the theft did not occur through the bank's IT and data security systems. "

This is what you get for staffing the bank with "dark people"....if the the theft did not occur electronically...in the 'darkness' they were stole...like this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4 ha ha ha ha

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't tell me CPeeF or their sister acomplices took them too? hahahaha

It's an inside job. The culprits probably target inactive accounts because there is a higher chance to get away with it. By the time the owners realize what has happened the culprits have probably moved.

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20131206_stanchart_st.jpg

Friday, Dec 06, 2013
SINGAPORE - Singapore's central bank has called on financial institutions to tighten up cyber security after a database on elite customers of Standard Chartered Bank was compromised.

Police confirmed Friday that information on private-banking clients of the British lender had been found in the laptop of a Singaporean man charged with hacking the parliamentary district website of Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong.

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) said in a statement it has "reminded all FIs (financial institutions) to heighten their vigilance to safeguard their IT systems and customer information, including controls at third party service providers".

"MAS is paying special supervisory attention to FIs' compliance with MAS' requirements for IT outsourcing."

In a statement sent to AFP on Friday, the Singapore Police Force said it discovered files containing data on Standard Chartered's clients in a laptop seized from James Raj when he was arrested on November 4 in Malaysia.

The 35-year-old was extradited to Singapore and charged on November 12 with hacking the Ang Mo Kio district website, whose MPs include Lee, and posting the image of a Guy Fawkes mask used by international hacker group Anonymous.

The alleged hacking was among a string of cyber attacks that have also targeted the official websites of Lee and President Tony Tan as well as pro-government media.

Some of the attackers denounced new rules requiring news websites in Singapore to obtain annual publication licences, but other hacking incidents appear to be unrelated.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
threadstarter kena whacked

a man suspected wife meeting another man followed in kopiuncle taxi to a whorehouse at desker road.

jealous man: i give you $500 if you go in , grab my wife out here for me.

accepted the $500, kopiuncle went. moments later, pulling a sceaming woman by the hair out of the door.

jealous man: holy shit!!!!!! she is not my wife..........

kopiuncle: i know, but she is my wife, ilovesingapore.