• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Bak Kut Teh talk

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking for good Bak Kut Teh and ended up in JB. This place simply serves one of the better tasting Bak Kut Teh in the area. The soup is so tasty and the kiam chai is delicious.

Price is ok lah. You know Sing Dollar strong so cheap lah. The name of the place is Restoran Soon Soon Huat Bak Kut Teh in Taman Sentosa, JB.

Address is 236, Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150, Johor Bahru

For those tech savvy, GPS Coordinate is N1 29.654 E103 46.979

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about the few Leong Kee bak kut tehs here? Originates from Klang Valley.

I personally like the one at Lor 21A Geylang...but always packed, so I go on rainy weekdays.

panama

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Leong Kee bak kut tehs are one of the best. Any bak kut teh that use the Klang recipe is good. In Malaysia, the best bak kut teh are available in Port Klang, some drive away from Kuala Lumpur.

Oh yes, when I don't have time to venture out in JB, Lor 21A Geylang is a good substitute.

bigbossman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tried one in Kuala Lumpur, at Petaling Street outside the temple. The bak kut teh is above aveage and they have chili padis. That was real hot.

An interesting thing is they have this bowl of hot water where you can dip your chopsticks/spoons to "wash" them :p

sally

Alfrescian
Loyal
I tried the bak kut teh at Clementi Town Centre near the McDonald and it is surprising good. The soup is the light color type, with peppery taste.

Faidenk

Alfrescian
Loyal
What do you all think of Sin Ming Road Bak Kut teh.

Yes, the best in my opinion, for its clear tasty soup, peppery fragrance and generosity in its meat portions. But its been quite some time since I've been there so this might have changed.

If you want to DIY and not adverse to using ‘instant’ soup mix, the closest you can come to the Sin Ming taste is the Red Man brand from Phoon Huat & Co. All you need is add 2 heads of garlic and any thing else you want.

Me? I use the prime ribs, a can of button mushroom, ‘tau kee’, a length of ‘fun cheong’, and 2 or 3 pieces of ‘tang gui’ Chinese Angelica root. It’s already salted and peppered (quite strongly) so add salt or pepper only after tasting.

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
how about the balestier road bakkutteh shop? also known as celebrity baktuteh shop where you can people watch the mediacorps stars and starlets? not bad i think. but always so crowded and got to eat outside the shop. quite ex also...but the soup is nice and the service not bad lah..quite fast...people watching those starlets is a bonus....sometimes can even see those snow white karchings when you bite your pork ribs!!!

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the one at Geylang Lor 21A (Leong Kee), Sin Ming and Balestier all not bad.

Would like to add that there is one somewhere near Farrer Road MRT, cannot remember the name of the small road. Quite a quaint place. That one also not bad. Anyone knows?

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the one at Geylang Lor 21A (Leong Kee), Sin Ming and Balestier all not bad.

Would like to add that there is one somewhere near Farrer Road MRT, cannot remember the name of the small road. Quite a quaint place. That one also not bad. Anyone knows?

u mean the one that refuse to open even for Donald Tsang on their off day?

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
You may want to try that Marsiling Lane Herbal Bak Kut Teh.

Block 19, Marsiling Lane, 01-329

Go with at least 4 kakis and order 2 big claypots - 1 bkt and another innards !!

SIBEI SONG AR !!!!

Looking for good Bak Kut Teh and ended up in JB. This place simply serves one of the better tasting Bak Kut Teh in the area. The soup is so tasty and the kiam chai is delicious.

Price is ok lah. You know Sing Dollar strong so cheap lah. The name of the place is Restoran Soon Soon Huat Bak Kut Teh in Taman Sentosa, JB.

Address is 236, Jalan Sutera, Taman Sentosa, 80150, Johor Bahru

For those tech savvy, GPS Coordinate is N1 29.654 E103 46.979

eErotica69

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

After reading your post in the afternoon, I went Leong Kee for dinner today. Anyway, I live near Geylang!

My assessment is that the Bak Kut Teh is nice. Serving is generous for $5 too. I ordered prawn paste chicken too but only taste so so. Also ordered small intestine, and it taste super bitter. Guess they never clean it properly.

Overall, only BKT is nice!

Btw, the are moving to Lor 11 on 01 Dec 08!!

:o:o