• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia has Highest Debt to Income in Whole World! (Higher than even USA!!)

londoncabby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabei Avoid Oz lah damm stupid place people broke, no money, life there damm terrible. Long Work hour, high cost, high crime, homeless people on street etc

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/au...-disposable-income-ratio-in-world/2010/02/03/

Australia Has Highest Household Debt to Disposable Income Ratio in World

By Dan Denning • July 3rd, 2010

Paul Volcker is fronting the U.S. Congress to push for restrictions on the proprietary trading desks of U.S. banks. The RBA stunned economists yesterday who had unanimously predicted the central bank would raise the cash rate to 4%. It did no such thing. Stock indexes in the U.S. rallied over one percent, but jobless figures come out later this week. And that makes everyone nervous that despite the nice recovery narrative, the economy still sucks for real people.

So we'll see how it goes in Australia today. Our general survival strategy at the moment is to gradually reduce exposure to all but a select portfolio of stocks that are leveraged for big returns. As to the first issue - reducing exposure to stocks - now might be a good time, according to Morgan Stanley economist Gerard Minack.

Minack reckons we're in for a correction after this 9-month "relief rally." In a note to clients Minack wrote, "We see the rise from March 2009 as a typical relief rally that follows major bear markets. Those relief rallies can occur regardless of underlying macro conditions, regardless of liquidity conditions and - most importantly - regardless of what happens next....The fundamentals did improve this time - systemic financial crisis ended - but we think risk assets have swung to pricing a better outlook than is likely."

Minack says that while the rally could take developed market equities up to 75% or so from their March lows last year, a 25% correction is now in order. To be fair though, he doesn't think the market will make new lows after that - only that it's gotten way ahead of itself at these levels.

The Grand Old Man of Dow Theory, Richard Russell, is even more direct. He's predicting a "second round of pain" for stock markets. He wrote, "I note that most analysts are now bullish, and that they are recommending stocks for the 'continuing advance.' At the same time, most economists are optimistic, arguing that the 'longest recession since World War II has ended.'"

"Typical, last March everyone was bearish and the market was establishing a temporary bottom. Now that everyone is optimistic, the stock market is topping out and the public (the amateurs) are about to receive their second round of pain," he wrote. Ouch.

To protect investors from this pain, the editors of our three financial newsletters have been using trailing stops and stop-losses on open positions (as rough guides). They are not always popular with readers. But they do save you from having your capital destroyed in bear market moves. If you're not using them, now would be a good time to seriously reconsider it.

With the Boomers now heading slowly for the exits of the share market (converting their portfolios into income they can consume) the 'weight of money' argument for owning a basket of blue chip Australian stocks has never looked so light.

We could be utterly wrong, of course. But why not own a handful of smaller miners and small caps where business growth leads to real earnings growth and higher share prices? Surely this is a better bet that buying and holding for the next ten years, isn't it?

The best financial survival strategy of the coming years begins with not expecting the share market to be a retirement machine. True, the compulsory super tribute will probably be raised and this should bring more liquidity to stocks (and government bonds). But what you're looking for are good businesses, not just a good stock market.

Australia's household debt to disposable income ratio
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics

Did you know that Australia has the highest household debt to disposable income ratio in the world? It's even higher than America's. Bigger homes. Bigger waistlines. Bigger debts. Australia is in the middle of its own credit boom, complete with all the social consequences. And the financial consequences.

The chart above doesn't have the most recent data. It appears to show a gentle decline in the household debt-to-disposable income ratio. Since then, though, due to higher debts and income growth that's not quite kept up, the ratio has turned up again. It's around 156% today, largely thanks to the mini-boom in mortgage lending spawned by the diabolical first home owner's grants.

Speaking of which, Fitch Ratings chimed in with a gloomy forecast for Australians overnight. It said that rising interest rates in 2010 would trigger more home loan and commercial mortgage defaults. It said this would cause some "deterioration" in the quality of assets that underpin mortgage-backed bonds. Hmm. That sounds soooo familiar.

Even though Aussie rates did not rise yesterday, they are at the low end of their historical cycle. You'd expect them to go up more this year. And Fitch says that's bad. "The improvement in Australia's structured finance asset performance, which was experienced during 2009 thanks to historically low interest rates and a resilient economy, is unlikely to continue during 2010," said David Carroll, the director of Fitch's Australian structured finance team.

Fitch is talking about bonds and structured products made up of mortgages and commercial real estate leases. That's an interesting story and will affect the quality of bank assets (and perhaps mortgage funds and listed property investments). But the real story, politically, is whether all those first home buyers who encounter mortgage stress will want to vote for Kevin Rudd again.

By the way, we copped it big time from dozens of readers for dipping our toe into the climate change debate a few weeks ago. We were told - sometimes not so politely - to stick to our knitting (even though the topic has clear implications for the economy and financial markets). By bar the most often repeated objection to our "infantile" thinking was that the science behind climate change is not disputed and that it's all peer reviewed in a process that's non-political, objective, and thorough.

Harrumph. The bigger the lie is, the harder it falls.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't get it bro. I thought it was all squared away. Your clones are back. That something that I don't get. Why do you need clones to support points that you raised. When I was moderating, I listed all your clones in an alert post and when you stopped, I removed it.

You articulate well, you do get your points across and many do make sense. I just find it bizarre that you then use another nick and sometimes more than one nick to support your case. Surely some sort of insecurity or complex.

The fixation with Oz is another. I wish you concentrate on giving us your insights on Florida and the US. I am sure many will benefit from it.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Scroobal it is not only that, some of the clones are downright insulting now. There isn't any semblance of trying to give some argument this time round. The clones even started to spam your private message boxes now. Do something about it please.

I don't get it bro. I thought it was all squared away. Your clones are back. That something that I don't get. Why do you need clones to support points that you raised. When I was moderating, I listed all your clones in an alert post and when you stopped, I removed it.

You articulate well, you do get your points across and many do make sense. I just find it bizarre that you then use another nick and sometimes more than one nick to support your case. Surely some sort of insecurity or complex.

The fixation with Oz is another. I wish you concentrate on giving us your insights on Florida and the US. I am sure many will benefit from it.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nabei Avoid Oz lah damm stupid place people broke, no money, life there damm terrible. Long Work hour, high cost, high crime, homeless people on street etc

http://www.dailyreckoning.com.au/au...-disposable-income-ratio-in-world/2010/02/03/

Your teachers once taught : "Debts are bad.."
As a rebellious migrant (axe168), I am telling you : "Debts can be good or bad.."

So do we want to be a debt free beggar or financial free retiree ? Have you wonder why companies borrow ? why are they expanding ?

Well, ya guess is pretty good as mind..

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your teachers once taught : "Debts are bad.."
As a rebellious migrant (axe168), I am telling you : "Debts can be good or bad.."

So do we want to be a debt free beggar or financial free retiree ? Have you wonder why companies borrow ? why are they expanding ?

Well, ya guess is pretty good as mind..

Debts are good servants but bad masters.
We see how the modern world is getting carried away with credit (sound nicer than debt) and this is giving us unstable economy now.

When it comes to taking advantage of debts, I would rather be the provider of debts to Australian banks on negotiated interest rates (7%) or be a debtor paying for my US property (AU Inflation 5%, US Interest 3.5%)

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Australia's household debt to disposable income ratio
Source: Australian Bureau of Statistics

Did you know that Australia has the highest household debt to disposable income ratio in the world? It's even higher than America's. Bigger homes. Bigger waistlines. Bigger debts. Australia is in the middle of its own credit boom, complete with all the social consequences. And the financial consequences.

Harrumph. The bigger the lie is, the harder it falls.

It is interesting that you are using Daily Reckoning, who ran from US to Australia to take cover from the GFC. :biggrin:

"Nabei Avoid Oz lah damm stupid place people broke, no money, life there damm terrible. Long Work hour, high cost, high crime, homeless people on street etc" - sound like you are still stuck in the m&d.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
To busy to do moderating and I gave it up after 2 months. But the cleanup was good.

Though Aussie Prick did keep his bargain for sometime, he can't help it when both Neddy and Axe continue to feed him. We have come back to square one. We are going to go to the situation, when everyone falls out except for Neddy, Axe, Aussie Prick and his clones.

Just watch, there will be 3 of these guys and the US and OZ war will be the theme.

When I was moderating , I was stunned to see the number of clones Aussie prick created and actively using them to support his points. Obviously he had some security complex. Neddy surprised me because he did not realise he was having conversations with clones ie same guys.

Scroobal it is not only that, some of the clones are downright insulting now. There isn't any semblance of trying to give some argument this time round. The clones even started to spam your private message boxes now. Do something about it please.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
To busy to do moderating and I gave it up after 2 months. But the cleanup was good.

Though Aussie Prick did keep his bargain for sometime, he can't help it when both Neddy and Axe continue to feed him. We have come back to square one. We are going to go to the situation, when everyone falls out except for Neddy, Axe, Aussie Prick and his clones.

Just watch, there will be 3 of these guys and the US and OZ war will be the theme.

When I was moderating , I was stunned to see the number of clones Aussie prick created and actively using them to support his points. Obviously he had some security complex. Neddy surprised me because he did not realise he was having conversations with clones ie same guys.

Using US is just an excuse to drag Oz down, because AussiePrick could not find any points to justify Sinkies mass emigration to Oz.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Using US is just an excuse to drag Oz down, because AussiePrick could not find any points to justify Sinkies mass emigration to Oz.

They can't use Singapore. Too much holes there and they would be bashed by the regulars from the kopitiam forum. Using the US makes it easier, as you are not entirely comparing apple to oranges all the time. Both are "developed", both have cons, pros. Better trolling targets then just using Singapore. The trolls are definitely suffering from some psychological dysfunction. Very persistent in their arguments and also their dedication in their topics. Makes you wonder if this is really their full-time job sometimes.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can we do a deal ? Fix up SIFU and Maddy for me (ban them for life) and I'll stop all my response with the clones ?

QXD

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You can't fix a loose screw when it happens to be mental.

Only way to fix the problem then is to neuter it.

FFS, just blanket ban these idiots who have don't share constructive views in this section.

Either that, or transfer the posts to the kopitiam section and let it be dealt by the relevant bunch of raving madmen, myself included.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't fix a loose screw when it happens to be mental.

Only way to fix the problem then is to neuter it.

FFS, just blanket ban these idiots who have don't share constructive views in this section.

Either that, or transfer the posts to the kopitiam section and let it be dealt by the relevant bunch of raving madmen, myself included.

Guys the solution is simple. When Scroobal has the time to moderate. The trolls behave. When he is busy, the trolls comes back. Notice how they "slowly" up the trash just to see how far they can get away with. The solution is to get someone to kick their butts if they misbehave. I don't know who this someone/s gonna be. I hesitate in nominating axe or neddy as it would be perceive as biasness. There is very "little" activity in the emigration folder compared to the kopitiam folder. Which means most people don't really care what the trolls say or do in here. axe neddy willing to take up the "challenge"?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
U prefer more activities or you prefer a good clean up ? Can't have both..

This chow-ah-beng - axe168 is good at nothing but talk big and bullshit.. hehe. I'm happy as long as they remember my ceiling fan story.. :biggrin:

Guys the solution is simple. When Scroobal has the time to moderate. The trolls behave. When he is busy, the trolls comes back. Notice how they "slowly" up the trash just to see how far they can get away with. The solution is to get someone to kick their butts if they misbehave. I don't know who this someone/s gonna be. I hesitate in nominating axe or neddy as it would be perceive as biasness. There is very "little" activity in the emigration folder compared to the kopitiam folder. Which means most people don't really care what the trolls say or do in here. axe neddy willing to take up the "challenge"?

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
U prefer more activities or you prefer a good clean up ? Can't have both..

This chow-ah-beng - axe168 is good at nothing but talk big and bullshit.. hehe. I'm happy as long as they remember my ceiling fan story.. :biggrin:

Hence I've said, you and neddy may not be ideal candidate for this. You guys enjoy too much feeding the trolls at times.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hence I've said, you and neddy may not be ideal candidate for this. You guys enjoy too much feeding the trolls at times.

Pls list down the names in your black book.. how the hell i know who's troll, who's not ?

I suspect ya one of them - talking abt rolex and mei-mei.. nothing related to emigration :wink:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pls list down the names in your black book.. how the hell i know who's troll, who's not ?

I suspect ya one of them - talking abt rolex and mei-mei.. nothing related to emigration :wink:

How come not related? I migrated then found out I can afford rolex and find mei mei!!!! You the same case as well what? If you had stayed in Singapore you think you can afford rolex?

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal

Dont mean to burst your bubble but you might want to log IP addresses to see that I am not all these clones. I have no idea who this Maddy or Royalblood, these other people are but I have nothing to do with it.

Its the same old story with you people - my clones etc. I wonder what you will say when all these clone's IPs you log are from many different ISPs in several different countries. What will your excuse then be?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maddy and Royalblood are not your clones. Don't deflect the issue.

You have a static IP address and you one of the few that do. All your clones have exact same IP address. Here is a clue - Verizon, Florida. How else did I compile a list of your clones the last time around. I hope you did not think that I ran some sort of algorithm just for your sake.

I was actually stunned when I realised it was the same person who needed acceptance of society and therefore any points that you raised had to seen as universally accepted by getting your clones to support the point. I was even amused that Neddy engaged seriously with your clones as though they were individuals. I tried to hint to him many times.

The other thing I noticed is that you take great pains not to overstep the nuisance threshold of axe and neddy as you need them much more than they need you. You probably hang yourself if they stop responding.

I am certainly not going to stop you.Some people cross-dress, others do some weird stuff and you have your clones to make you look impressive. Its your high and you have to live with it. Its your shortcoming. I don't think anyone of us can change that or even help. Our challenge is to ignore you completely. I am sure that it will be difficult but I guess part of society that we all have to live with.

Good luck.

Dont mean to burst your bubble but you might want to log IP addresses to see that I am not all these clones. I have no idea who this Maddy or Royalblood, these other people are but I have nothing to do with it.

Its the same old story with you people - my clones etc. I wonder what you will say when all these clone's IPs you log are from many different ISPs in several different countries. What will your excuse then be?