• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aussie Leave System: How many types of Leave are there?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Those working in OZ, any idea how many types of leave are there?

• Annual Leave
  • Annual Leave with Loading
  • Personal Leave - Compassion, Carer, Bereavement
  • Sick Leave
  • Purchased Leave
  • Maternity Leave
  • Paternity Leave
  • Adoption Leave
  • Grandparental Leave
  • Other Parent Leave
  • Easy Access to Pro Rata Long Service Leave
  • Long Service Leave
  • Pro Rata Additional Annual Leave for Shift Workers
  • Public Holidays in Lieu Leave

and I just found out, Partner Leave.

Did I miss out any?

There is also the "Disappear From Desk, No Question Asked" Leave for doctor/barber/dentist/chiropractor/etc appointments and skiviing.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dude, please refer to your Enterprise Agreement.. there are more leaves

- Bereavement Leave
- Study Leave
- Home Leave
- No pay Leave
- Carer's Leave
- Hospitalisation Leave

Those working in OZ, any idea how many types of leave are there?

• Annual Leave
  • Annual Leave with Loading
  • Personal Leave - Compassion, Carer, Bereavement
  • Sick Leave
  • Purchased Leave
  • Maternity Leave
  • Paternity Leave
  • Adoption Leave
  • Grandparental Leave
  • Other Parent Leave
  • Easy Access to Pro Rata Long Service Leave
  • Long Service Leave
  • Pro Rata Additional Annual Leave for Shift Workers
  • Public Holidays in Lieu Leave

and I just found out, Partner Leave.

Did I miss out any?

There is also the "Disappear From Desk, No Question Asked" Leave for doctor/barber/dentist/chiropractor/etc appointments and skiviing.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks. I usually ask my staff this question, but she is on leave until 23 Jan 2012!
She has enough of my madness at work.

Thinking of getting a property in Melbourne now the market there is off the boil. :biggrin:
Before that, I cannot afford to compete with foreigners who have got ready cash!

I have to return to negative gearing, unlike Box Hill ""elites"" who love giving tax at the highest bracket in return for no questions asked about the source of fund. :biggrin:

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wise choice ! IMHO, Melbourne property market will perform another boom once the migration flood gate is relaxed. I managed to get into the market during the GFC.. or early 2009. thereafter there was a mini boom in 2010 and my eastern suburb shot up by >30% :-)

Chinese migrations here are paying the houses like cash and carry - Cash payment after auction and bull doze & rebuild.. with no hesitation.. my suburb and around are now in a new trend of having a basement carparks (4-6 carparks) with basement wine cellar..pool... 6 beds and 5 showers.. giant mansions ! soon it will reach Box Hill..

Thinking of getting a property in Melbourne now the market there is off the boil. :biggrin:
Before that, I cannot afford to compete with foreigners who have got ready cash!

:biggrin:

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wise choice ! IMHO, Melbourne property market will perform another boom once the migration flood gate is relaxed. I managed to get into the market during the GFC.. or early 2009. thereafter there was a mini boom in 2010 and my eastern suburb shot up by >30% :-)

Chinese migrations here are paying the houses like cash and carry - Cash payment after auction and bull doze & rebuild.. with no hesitation.. my suburb and around are now in a new trend of having a basement carparks (4-6 carparks) with basement wine cellar..pool... 6 beds and 5 showers.. giant mansions ! soon it will reach Box Hill..

I just regained some confidence in Aussie laws after lawyer sent me some good news. Like a Xmas present from ATO.
So, my MADNESS is reduced greatly and I am happy now.

I may not trust ATO to do the right thing, and the servants working in there are really servants that boil my blood with their pig brains. BUT Aussie laws protect me and with the right practitioner, it will knock some sense into public servants.

I blame the Chinese migrant practices that provoke ATO.

I will be blunt here. All my transactions, I provide TFN, not like those PRCs. Anyway, they do not give a shit even if ATO takes the tax withheld. They do not feel a pinch because they are using money stolen from their own countrymen. But mine is different, my money is hard-earned.

Anyone doing SMSF and discretionary trusts also need to be careful these days !!!

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can guarantee that any Melbourne property I look at, will not be in a suburb nicked Pok Choy.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
As long as you keep your suburb within or around the Chinese or rich group, your growth should be alright.
Do not get near to suburb where they advocate "Diversity".. this means the boat ppl.. the war torn countries.. and refugees are within the category.

You can guarantee that any Melbourne property I look at, will not be in a suburb nicked Pok Choy.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As long as you keep your suburb within or around the Chinese or rich group, your growth should be alright.
Do not get near to suburb where they advocate "Diversity".. this means the boat ppl.. the war torn countries.. and refugees are within the category.

OMG, cannot run away from Pok Choy :eek:

Good also, can go for "ATO funded" Melbourne trip for peking duck. :rolleyes:

Thankyou for your very good tip.
Lesson also learnt from building in Perth on what the Chinese & Indonesians wants. They will pay easily 50 grand or more above market price.
Otherwise, I attract the wrong crowd with different requirements.

More Xmas presents expected from RBA very very very soon ... because they do not meet in Jan. :smile:

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More Xmas presents expected from RBA very very very soon ... because they do not meet in Jan. :smile:

Christmas cheer: RBA cuts rates by 25 basis points

RBA has delivered my Xmas present.
There is no reason why I cannot negotiate a better deal with the banks. (see my 3-rules below)

No crap about the overseas funding. That's BULL****!

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bravo ! Go for the area where it is most desirable.. 20-40yrs ago Eastern Suburbs are most desirable.. now, it is also the most desirable..
Why ? bcoz of good private schools and infrastructure..
I just told a frz of mine, Liberal govt just committed a $6.5m planning study for high-quality heavy rail link from Banyule to Boroondara to Manningham to Boxhill.. to city.

http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/projects/pt/doncaster-rail-link

We will be getting MRT soon ! Yahoo ! Errr.. development will be another 20yrs due to consultation process. lol !

OMG, cannot run away from Pok Choy :eek:

Good also, can go for "ATO funded" Melbourne trip for peking duck. :rolleyes:

Thankyou for your very good tip.
Lesson also learnt from building in Perth on what the Chinese & Indonesians wants. They will pay easily 50 grand or more above market price.
Otherwise, I attract the wrong crowd with different requirements.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bravo ! Go for the area where it is most desirable.. 20-40yrs ago Eastern Suburbs are most desirable.. now, it is also the most desirable..
Why ? bcoz of good private schools and infrastructure..
I just told a frz of mine, Liberal govt just committed a $6.5m planning study for high-quality heavy rail link from Banyule to Boroondara to Manningham to Boxhill.. to city.

http://www.transport.vic.gov.au/projects/pt/doncaster-rail-link

We will be getting MRT soon ! Yahoo ! Errr.. development will be another 20yrs due to consultation process. lol !

It is really strange. When I was a newbie here, people are quite happy for the Roe Highway to be built. Later, when I sniffed out plans for a MRT, they are not happy. A malaysian told me, it will bring trouble. Trouble makers take MRT to create crimes. These days with petrol at $1.30/litre. These same people are doing "park and ride" to work. No more complaints over trouble makers. Trouble makers do not know how to take trains or avoid tickets???

The trains that are crime-prone serves the loser "Eastern" :biggrin: suburbs ......... of Perth (not Melb). (:*:smile:

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Err.. I'm not sure about train crimes.. Boroondara Camberwell train station, looks pretty peaceful - no crime or limited crime. nice cafes and shops everywhere. (I cannot comment on outer suburbs). My suburb should be alright coz there are more than 10 private schools within the area - very discipline and very well manner. If there are gangs, it will be RIs or ACS related gangs.. no harm lah.

It is really strange. When I was a newbie here, people are quite happy for the Roe Highway to be built. Later, when I sniffed out plans for a MRT, they are not happy. A malaysian told me, it will bring trouble. Trouble makers take MRT to create crimes. These days with petrol at $1.30/litre. These same people are doing "park and ride" to work. No more complaints over trouble makers. Trouble makers do not know how to take trains or avoid tickets???

The trains that are crime-prone serves the loser "Eastern" :biggrin: suburbs ......... of Perth (not Melb). (:*:smile:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Err.. I'm not sure about train crimes.. Boroondara Camberwell train station, looks pretty peaceful - no crime or limited crime. nice cafes and shops everywhere. (I cannot comment on outer suburbs). My suburb should be alright coz there are more than 10 private schools within the area - very discipline and very well manner. If there are gangs, it will be RIs or ACS related gangs.. no harm lah.

OK. Train safety also depend on suburbs and time of day.

I like your suburb, reminds me of my Mt Lawley. Even US State secretary visit the angmo style kopitiam here with my MP :smile:

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I heard one chap here said you live in Mt Lawley wat.. I wish I can be in Perth, short distance to SG.. I can jet over once a month when Scoot is ready by mid 2012. http://flyscoot.com/

OK. Train safety also depend on suburbs and time of day.

I like your suburb, reminds me of my Mt Lawley. Even US State secretary visit the angmo style kopitiam here with my MP :smile: