• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

AUD and NZD currency deposit !

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone holding these currencies deposit ?

Be careful. These currencies likely to go south....:eek:

Ok, my crystal ball prediction :biggrin::biggrin:

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
both are commodity currencies and both are very topishh....

Canadian too. Ok, my crystal ball prediction :biggrin: :biggrin:

When the tough time come, i am very sure these currencies sure kena jialat jialat one... :smile:

chupacabra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Even if the currency jialat one, cananians have it easy. Things are cheap in canana. Unlike peesai where everything import. A steak meal and beer only cost 10 bucks.

kiss

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the locals is ok.

For outsiders who deposit in those currencies will be affected. Anyway, ppls usually wont invest a big chunk of their portfolio in currencies.
Just a reminder :smile:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Anyone holding these currencies deposit ?

Be careful. These currencies likely to go south....:eek:

Ok, my crystal ball prediction :biggrin::biggrin:

Include CAD in the analysis too. Your crystal ball will be right if the central banks fail to provide enough stimulus and the global economy continues to soften. China is also a wildcard, and a hard landing could adversely affect AUD. But overall, I still prefer the commodity currencies as I'm betting on continued reflation and central bank money printing. I am personally long the CAD and the British pound against the Euro.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only will AUD devalues, the results of interest rates down, inflation will go up.
Not sure if economic stimulus will be effective or not.

larky28

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hold ⅓ of my cash in NZD and ⅓ in AUD.
A lot of people will be laughing at you when both currencies crash. You should have kept 100% SGD. Spore govt has been renowned for turning around every financial crisis since the country become independent.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
A lot of people will be laughing at you when both currencies crash. You should have kept 100% SGD. Spore govt has been renowned for turning around every financial crisis since the country become independent.

The problem with the SGD is that it yields next to nothing.

My hedge is the fact that I live in NZ.

mulvi74

Alfrescian
Loyal
The oz dollar is statistically 65-70c US over the last 30 or so years. It is now around 104c US. It has been has high as 112 US. 4 years ago I was on honeymoon and it was 60c US.
This currency is as useless as the country from which it is spawned
More volatile than the pinoy peso
If you can wait long term and have Oz dollars, buy as much US $ as you can because long term you will clean up

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C
I have a fair amount in Oz dollars too. The interest is much better than the sinkie although it has come down quite a bit from 4 years ago.