• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ass Loon is Not Sorry Afterall

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In short, he is saying, "Did I say sorry? *chey*"
Ministers, MPs not out of touch: PM Lee

<CITE class="byline vcard">
alicia_092210.jpg
alicia_092210.jpg
By Alicia Wong

By Alicia Wong | SingaporeScene – <ABBR title=2011-04-17T04:34:29Z>Sun, Apr 17, 2011</ABBR></CITE>
  • <?xml:namespace prefix = fb ns = "http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml" /><fb:like class=" fb_edge_widget_with_comment fb_iframe_widget" href="http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/ministers-mps-not-touch-pm-lee-20110416-213429-586.html" font="arial" show_faces="false" layout="button_count" action="recommend" width="" no_resize="true" colorscheme="light"><IFRAME style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 130px; HEIGHT: 21px; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none" id=f22e154232f71c src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?action=recommend&api_key=166151706742934&channel_url=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2F_xhr%2Fsocial%2Ffbchannel%2F%3Ffb_xd_fragment%23%3F%3D%26cb%3Df740a4267f5e32%26relation%3Dparent.parent%26transport%3Dfragment&colorscheme=light&font=arial&href=http%3A%2F%2Fsg.news.yahoo.com%2Fblogs%2Fsingaporescene%2Fministers-mps-not-touch-pm-lee-20110416-213429-586.html&layout=button_count&locale=en_SG&no_resize=true&node_type=1&sdk=joey&show_faces=false&width=130" frameBorder=0 allowTransparency name=f3a67f918671794 scrolling=no></IFRAME></fb:like>
  • tweet3
  • Email
  • Print

400afp_leehsienloongmeeting.jpg
PM Lee says PAP leaders stay in touch through grassroots work. (AFP file photo)

Are current Ministers and Members of Parliament out of touch with ordinary Singaporeans? It was a point-blank question directed at Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong just 15 minutes into an hour-long TV forum broadcast on Channel 8 on Saturday night.
Media professional Danny Yeo queried, "How many ministers and MPs live in public housing and take public transport? Are they out of touch with ordinary Singaporeans? How can we feel you understand us?"
The Prime Minister's reply was that MPs understand ground sentiments because of their grassroots work.
"They do block visits, grassroots and community work and should be able to understand residents' concerns. If they don't live in this environment, then there's a problem," he said.
"But in Singapore, we take our grassroots work seriously, so I think we understand the situation of Singaporeans," he added.
During the forum aired in Mandarin, PM Lee went on to address other questions from the 12 participants from various industries, as well as those sent in by viewers.
The top concerns were on the cost of living, particularly in the areas of housing and health care, and unhappiness over the influx of foreigners.
PM Lee explained how the government is addressing these issues and said he understood people's concerns.
While he assured Singaporeans that inflation and property prices will moderate, PM Lee added the best way to counter these challenges would be to raise Singaporeans' wages by increasing productivity.
"I admit Singapore feels crowded, I understand. But we are doing everything we can to solve this problem," he said, adding that over $60 billion will be spent in the next 10 years to improve public transport
The focus during the last 20 minutes of the forum shifted to politics, where topics such as the GRC system, MPs religions and the benefit of a one-party system were raised.
Asked if he considered abolishing the GRC system, PM Lee stated "No. Simply put, no. GRCs exist for an important reason: to ensure Parliament will have a minimum number of minority MPs... We are a multiracial, multi-religious society. "
"If we don't have GRCs, our multiracial, multi-religious Parliament will be under threat."
He also said that as a secular state, the government will not allow an individual's religious values to affect policymaking.
Follow Yahoo! News on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.Follow our General Elections coverage here.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The Prime Minister's reply was that MPs understand ground sentiments because of their grassroots work.
"They do block visits, grassroots and community work and should be able to understand residents' concerns. If they don't live in this environment, then there's a problem," he said.
"But in Singapore, we take our grassroots work seriously, so I think we understand the situation of Singaporeans," he added ...
do glassloot work means can understand situation of sporeans? ... wat self-delusional rubbish! ...

... "I admit Singapore feels crowded, I understand. But we are doing everything we can to solve this problem," he said, adding that over $60 billion will be spent in the next 10 years to improve public transport ...
tis burger tinks ze soln 2 overcrowding is 2 improve ze public transport system! ... :rolleyes: