• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anyone good at cooking here?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
my best dish:

1. fried rice makes me think of the song fried rice paradise:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=FUYfjwfKPuQ

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUYfjwfKPuQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUYfjwfKPuQ?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
i used to do beef mince spahgetti with ingredients as follow:

~beef mince

~spaghetti

~campbell's cream of tomato

~milk to be added to the boiling tomato cream in the pot

dada...done and yum yum...:wink:

Anyone who ever studied or worked overseas would have been forced to pick up some cooking skills.
In my books, you need to know how to bake a cake, cook curry from scratch and know how to cook at least one staple local hawker dish before you call yourself being able to cook.
That said, sinkie girls are pathetic that most can't even cook boil or porridge or fry an egg. I find more sinkie guys can cook better.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
The recommendation to avoid meat is based on health studies & without considering the issue of pollution.

noted with grace, bro :smile::smile::smile:

me know it's unhealthy but me will stick to beef and mutton :eek::eek::eek:

can't eat my spaghetti without beef, the Burgundy beef stew, meat balls, beef noodles :p:p:p likewise for my mee goreng... talking of which, that Eunos hawker centre has been closed for a tad too long, need my fix for mee goreng soon :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Cranial Blowout

Alfrescian
Loyal
i used to do beef mince spahgetti with ingredients as follow:

~beef mince

~spaghetti

~campbell's cream of tomato

~milk to be added to the boiling tomato cream in the pot

dada...done and yum yum...:wink:

A very good, quick and easy Spaghetti Bolognese / Spag Bol Recipe:cool:

Fry finely chopped onion until golden
and then sliced mushrooms fry until golden
and then fry garlic crushed or finely chopped
and then add the beef mince - fry
and then add a stock cube knorr or sumfink similar
and then add dried or fresh mixed herbs salt and black pepper to taste
and then add pasata or tomatoes purée or tinned or fresh tomatoes – pasata is the bollocks.
and then add medium dry or sweet white, it doesn’t really matter. Add boiling water, cook and reduce. If the tomatoes are acidic and not sweet add a little sugar - half a teaspoon maybe.
Don't over cook your spaghetti boil of 10 to 12 minutes – add salt.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My speciality is Mee Goreng Seafood which I learnt from a Malaysian cook during my Offshore job trips..

rice stick noodles

soy sauce

minced meat

Fishballs

Bean sprouts

Salt

Pepper

prawns

chilli paste

Maggi Mee Tomatoe Sauce

Egg

Put the chilli paste inside the frying pan.. Add a little bit of water then stir it with the chilli paste till it become watery red.. Then add an egg in it.. Stir it again.. Then throw the noodles inside it.. Add the prawns, minced meat, fishballs, bean sprouts Then Add salt, pepper soy sauce, the tomatoe sauce.. If you want your mee goreng to be extra hot, add an extra touch of chilli paste on to the frying noodles.. Your meal will be ready in less than 10 mins.. A hot piping plate of Mee Goreng Seafood..

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't like instant noodle. For quick home-cooked meal, spaghetti is best. There's a range of different strand and shape of pasta to choose, from the common spaghetti to fettucine to macaroni etc. pasta. There's a range of different flavoured bottled sauce to choose from too.

I often have sphaghetti but only use a veggy sauce. I start by cutting up tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, onions, red wine & cooking slightly & then pour in alce nero organic tomato sauce. I avoid those non-organic sauces which have preservatives, sugar, etc. I only use organic pasta.

Adding organic hemp oil to cooked spaghetti adds a nice flavour.

noted with grace, bro :smile::smile::smile:

me know it's unhealthy but me will stick to beef and mutton :eek::eek::eek:

can't eat my spaghetti without beef, the Burgundy beef stew, meat balls, beef noodles :p:p:p likewise for my mee goreng... talking of which, that Eunos hawker centre has been closed for a tad too long, need my fix for mee goreng soon :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Have been making sphagetti without the meat for years & don't really miss the meat because the strong taste of the tomato sauce makes meat unnecessary. If I'm going to eat meat it will be for special occasions like a steak dinner:smile:

TNP(Tua Neh Pau)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also share mine recipe...this is very hard to go wrong.

Fermented soya bean paste steam fish

Ingredients:
fish head
3 tbsp fermented soy bean paste (the spicy one)
1 chilli padi (chopped)
2 tbsp light soya sauce
3 tbsp chopped ginger
1 tbsp chopped spring onion (kepp some for garnishing later)

Methods:
1. Rub the fish with salt.
2. Mix everything together and place on top of the fish.
3. Steam for 10-15 minutes.
4. Garnish with spring onion and serve hot.

Last edited:

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
you are right, i forgot to include big onions in my above recipe, besides that, white mushrooms also needed.

A very good, quick and easy Spaghetti Bolognese / Spag Bol Recipe:cool:

Fry finely chopped onion until golden
and then sliced mushrooms fry until golden
and then fry garlic crushed or finely chopped
and then add the beef mince - fry
and then add a stock cube knorr or sumfink similar
and then add dried or fresh mixed herbs salt and black pepper to taste
and then add pasata or tomatoes purée or tinned or fresh tomatoes – pasata is the bollocks.
and then add medium dry or sweet white, it doesn’t really matter. Add boiling water, cook and reduce. If the tomatoes are acidic and not sweet add a little sugar - half a teaspoon maybe.
Don't over cook your spaghetti boil of 10 to 12 minutes – add salt.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
I also share mine recipe...this is very hard to go wrong.

heheh...

more on steamed fish!

Teo Chew Steamed Promfret!

a decent size Promfret (~0.5kg, cleaned and cleared of its intestines)
mushrooms (4 to 5 of them would suffice, washed & sliced)
spring onion (2 to 4 stalks, washed and chopped into lengths of about 5 inches)
young ginger (a few slices would suffice)
light soy sauce
sesame seed oil
a dash of pepper

methods:
preheat a steamer till boiling hot;
prepare this fish in the meanwhile; washed and make diagonal cuts across the belly;
insert a slice of ginger between the flap of meat;
place fish in a plate;
pour about 5 tablespoons of light soy sauce over the fish;
a dash of sesame seed oil & a light dash of pepper;
sprinkle the chopped spring onions & sliced mushroom over the fish;
steam the fish for 15 min, do not open the lid to check, just let it steam.

ready to serve :smile:

ps: some folks like tomato slices with this dish, some old TeoChew told me sour plum can be placed inside the belly flap to give it more ommph ;p
Bon appetit~!

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Go to Sheng Siong supermarket seafood department and pick a crab you like. It should cost between S$5 to 10 depending on its weight. Just take it home alive and steam it alive until cooked. Nothing else is needed with live crab, it's as delicious as it is when cooked, except soya or chili sauce if you prefer to have a dip.