• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

another super light sentence

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
saw a case in TNP today, 26 Yr old guy convicted of cheating, drug possession and drug consumption. Why only 3 years probation ??

No Jail ??
What is happenning ? :confused:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
saw a case in TNP today, 26 Yr old guy convicted of cheating, drug possession and drug consumption. Why only 3 years probation ??

No Jail ??
What is happenning ? :confused:

Agree. I too found it hard to believe that it was only 3 yrs probation for three serious offences, especially the drug related ones. Must be an importatnt chap's son. Bet on it.

Normal citizens surely proceed two charges TIC the other. More privileged citizens, proceed one TIC two charges. Surely involves jail term. This one superb - proceed all 3 and 3 yrs probation.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...the idiot also admitted he smoked cannabis while studying in Australia..
what the heck he trying to prove?
best the DPP also did not appeal against the light sentence..

Last edited:

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. I too found it hard to believe that it was only 3 yrs probation for three serious offences, especially the drug related ones. Must be an importatnt chap's son. Bet on it.

Normal citizens surely proceed two charges TIC the other. More privileged citizens, proceed one TIC two charges. Surely involves jail term. This one superb - proceed all 3 and 3 yrs probation.

still find it hard to believe :confused:. tried to find info from net, but could not find anything. WTF is happennning ??

I thought drug consumption is compulsory "DRC 9 months" for 1st timer ??
3 years for 2nd timer ?? further this guy is cheating + drug possession + drug consumption !!!!

Few years ago, I had a friend kennah urine check in Bar None, he failed and immediately went to DRC after failing 2nd test. There is no need to go court. Has the law changed ??

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
still find it hard to believe :confused:. tried to find info from net, but could not find anything. WTF is happennning ??

I thought drug consumption is compulsory "DRC 9 months" for 1st timer ??
3 years for 2nd timer ?? further this guy is cheating + drug possession + drug consumption !!!!

Few years ago, I had a friend kennah urine check in Bar None, he failed and immediately went to DRC after failing 2nd test. There is no need to go court. Has the law changed ??

No, the law has not changed. Even if changed, you can expect it to be harsher in all things. Never more lenient. Btw, wef 1 Jan 11, police powers greatly enhanced. Don't have the full details but I am sure it can be accessible somewhere.

I dare bet this is no ordinary case. Must be son of someone big-time for such an unbelievably light sentence. Wonder if the court will dish out a similar sentence if Ah Beng or Ah Kow get charged for similar offences in future.

alvin36

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, the law has not changed. Even if changed, you can expect it to be harsher in all things. Never more lenient. Btw, wef 1 Jan 11, police powers greatly enhanced. Don't have the full details but I am sure it can be accessible somewhere.

I dare bet this is no ordinary case. Must be son of someone big-time for such an unbelievably light sentence. Wonder if the court will dish out a similar sentence if Ah Beng or Ah Kow get charged for similar offences in future.

something fishy. it was one page on TNP today, but nothing on straits time, sin min or chinese papers, nothing on channel newsasia website too

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
something fishy. it was one page on TNP today, but nothing on straits time, sin min or chinese papers, nothing on channel newsasia website too

Given what you said, a lee-porter from TNP will likely get screwed for exposing this case and its 'miracle' sentence. I am sure no one in authority wanted this case exposed. Too bad TNP exposed them.

Btw, that Adrian Chua's case, is the father Chua Thian Poh? Read the papa's name was another but it was a Christian name.