• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Anonymous man gave envelope of cash to victim's father - very touching

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not bad. Despite the bad times, people still have big heart.

http://www.todayonline.com/Singapore/EDC101229-0000147/KTV-hostess-drowning-ruled-as-misadventure

KTV hostess drowning ruled as misadventure

The 1.54m-tall non-swimmer may have entered 1.5m-deep end of pool: Coroner

by Leong Wee Keat
Dec 29, 2010

SINGAPORE - Seeking answers at the inquest, the frail-looking man was at a loss for words after yesterday's Coroner's Inquiry into the death of his daughter, Chinese karaoke lounge hostess Li Hongyan.

"My mind is in a blank. I feel vexed," said Mr Li Kui You, 58, when asked about his reaction to the State Coroner's findings.

Earlier, State Coroner Victor Yeo ruled Ms Li had accidentally drowned and recorded a misadventure verdict.

The 24-year-old's naked body was found floating in a Sentosa Cove bungalow's swimming pool on March 24.

Ms Li, a Chinese national, was at the bungalow after its owner at the time, Mr Adrian Chua Boon Chye, offered her $800 for company and sexual services.

It was not the first time Mr Chua, the founder and chief executive of real estate investment company Roundhill Capital, had brought Ms Li home, the inquiry heard. There were at least two previous occasions he did so.

Testifying yesterday, Mr Chua said the couple "were both high" but denied being drunk that night. They had alcoholic drinks at two nightclubs and Ms Li had a can of beer when she arrived at Sentosa Cove, the 39-year-old said.

Mr Chua said they engaged in sex but denied using force on her. He fell asleep at around 3am to 4am, intoxicated.

Around 3.48am, closed-circuit television camera recordings captured Ms Li, fully clothed, walking towards the bungalow's sliding doors leading to the pool - the last time she was seen alive.

Ms Li was a non-swimmer, Mr Chua said. But they had smoked at the poolside area.

Mr Chua's domestic helper, Ms Aye Aye Tun, testified yesterday that she saw a lighter and a pack of cigarettes on a table near the pool at around 6am, when she awoke.

There were women's clothes on a chair but Ms Aye said she was not surprised as her employer had brought many different women home. She did not notice anything amiss as it was still dark.

State Coroner Yeo felt that Ms Li had decided to enter the pool and had removed her clothing to keep them dry.

"Unfortunately, as she descended the steps of the pool, she probably did not know that the depth of the pool was 1.5m deep," he said. "Considering that she was a petite lady, 1.54m tall, and that she could not swim, she probably got into difficulties as she stepped into the deepest end of the pool."

Mr Yeo added Ms Li could have accidentally slipped and fallen into the deep end of the pool as she was wading down the steps and the pool's lights were not switched on.

"Given that she was not a swimmer, and in the darkness under the water, she would have difficulty in getting out of the water or to the shallow steps " he said.

An autopsy report certified Ms Li's cause of death as drowning.

Ms Li's family said they would "face reality and try to move on with their lives".

Outside the courts, a man handed Mr Li an envelope containing donations. Requesting anonymity, he said he had been following the case. "It is a sad ending," he said. "If I can help them, why not?"

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
what is actually, the difference btw misadventure and accident?

Accident = you die but it's not yours or anyone's fault. it's heaven's will.
Misadventure = you die but it no one else fault but your stupidity. it's because of you "ke kiang". (i.e. cannot swim and drunk but want to go into the pool)

Touching my ass. That stranger is a dumb fuck.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Stranger in question could be Mr. Chua or one of his friends, this is call Blood money by the way :biggrin:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

Accident = you die but it's not yours or anyone's fault. it's heaven's will.
Misadventure = you die but it no one else fault but your stupidity. it's because of you "ke kiang". (i.e. cannot swim and drunk but want to go into the pool)

Touching my ass. That stranger is a dumb fuck.

It is his freedom to do what he wants.

He can wipe his asshole with $1,000 bills too, you know?

Boliao

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is his freedom to do what he wants.

He can wipe his asshole with $1,000 bills too, you know?

No one is saying he cannot. Just saying he's dumb for doing so. Just like it's dumb to take $1000 to wipe ass.

For one $1000, you can probably get some sick Japanese to eat your shit and lick your ass clean.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya...money either come from chua or his parents lah....dis kind of trick who dunno...anonymous my ass! .:wink: