• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

An India Indian Family

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
As a member of a minority group in Singapore, I spent years fighting prejudice and racism inflicted by my so called "fellow true blue Singaporeans".

Now that the foreigners have invaded, I'm suddenly an ally and supposedly superior to the marauding invaders that have taken over the country thanks to my sinkie culture.

Strangely, nobody ever complimented my ethnicity in the 80s and early 90s when I was working hard to get ahead in life.

well said! i'll add to your points when i'm able to on the next refresh.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
utter bovine scatology. sinkies, in an attempt to find scapegoats and bogeymen for their own powerlessness and uselessness, target recent foreign arrivals for their own age-old chronic issues of divisiveness, disunity, stratification, separation, segregation, and ill-will towards their own fellow sinkies. when you remove these foreign bogeymen, sinkies will go back to target their fellow sinkie minorities, sinkie nehs and mats, for discrimination, prejudice, and unhappiness. even among the majority sinkie ethnic chinese, there are distinctions, segregation, classifications, discrimination and prejudice. remove the sinkie nehs and mats, and you'll have the various sinkie chink factions fighting among themselves, clawing at each other and killing one another.

just look at the pathetic sg oppo parties and the constant warring sycophants on sbf. :rolleyes:

I don't think it is true that Sporean minorities were treated that badly with ill-will etc before the arrival of foreigners in mass numbers. Singaporean chinese were not and are not united, so there is no such thing as Chinese ganging up against minorities since the 90s as far back as I can see. Sporean chinese, unlike some other countries chinese, had very comfortable life and not much problems faced in the past and so basically just mind their own business and no need to be united against minorities.

Any discrimination faced by miniorities is not open and blatant discrimination, but minorities may feel it when there are requirement to speak chinese for some jobs in small companies with no extra manpower. In bigger companies, there was no such discrimination due to abundant manpower. Minorities were able to apply and get jobs in their own merit.

But I do agree with you that Singaporeans are really very un-united, especially among the chinese, due to the reasons that I have stated above. Hopefully people will learn to be united in time before the foreigners wipe us out.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a member of a minority group in Singapore, I spent years fighting prejudice and racism inflicted by my so called "fellow true blue Singaporeans".

Now that the foreigners have invaded, I'm suddenly an ally and supposedly superior to the marauding invaders that have taken over the country thanks to my sinkie culture.

Strangely, nobody ever complimented my ethnicity in the 80s and early 90s when I was working hard to get ahead in life.

Yeah you may complain of prejudice and racism as minority in Spore back then, but when the minority become majority, the complaining party may even be a bigger racist than the one being complained. I have the experience of working in a company with 60% indians during 2000s with ah nehs from India, Msia, Sri lanka and of course Spore. Started with 4 managers and 3 being Chinese. But when the boss was changed from chinese to a minority mixed race with Indian blood, suddenly he hired a deputy ah neh, then the HR become ah neh, plus the original ah neh becomes 5 managers and 3 are ah nehs. Like that not racist and prejudice meh?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yeah you may complain of prejudice and racism as minority in Spore back then, but when the minority become majority, the complaining party may even be a bigger racist than the one being complained. I have the experience of working in a company with 60% indians during 2000s with ah nehs from India, Msia, Sri lanka and of course Spore. Started with 4 managers and 3 being Chinese. But when the boss was changed from chinese to a minority mixed race with Indian blood, suddenly he hired a deputy ah neh, then the HR become ah neh, plus the original ah neh becomes 5 managers and 3 are ah nehs. Like that not racist and prejudice meh?

thanks for the sharing. it gives a different perspective

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe Davinder served only two terms as PAP MP from 1998 to 2006.

Whether he is better than TPL, time will tell

Oic he was an MP. Then he not pap reject leh. He is smart lah to serve with two terms only, I think ministers serve ten years only can get life pension already. Not sure about MPs.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oic he was an MP. Then he not pap reject leh. He is smart lah to serve with two terms only, I think ministers serve ten years only can get life pension already. Not sure about MPs.

two term MP is considered failure

one term MP is considered bad news dropout