• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Amos Yee wants bail conditions reviewed as he claims they amount to a gag order

unclesam

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE - A bail review for teenage blogger Amos Yee will be heard on Wednesday morning at the High Court.

Yee's lawyer Alfred Dodwell told The Straits Times that his 16-year-old client will be challenging the conditions of his bail, which do not allow him to post anything online.

Mr Dodwell said that at present, the bail conditions amount to a gag order and infringes on his client's constitutional right to freedom of speech.

"The reason why he is sitting in prison today is because he has a fundamental problem with the bail conditions. He feels that they are just wrong," said Mr Dodwell.

Yee was sent back to remand at Changi Prison last Thursday, and has stayed there since, after his bailor discharged himself and the court raised the bail amount to $30,000 from $20,000.

The day before Yee had written two blog posts titled "The Ridiculous Terms of my Bail" and "My Abusive Father". He shared them on Facebook on Thursday morning.

Both actions breached the terms of his bail. During Thursday's pre-trial conference, District Judge Kessler Soh asked Yee to take down his latest posts, but he refused. The judge then raised the bail amount.

Meanwhile, Yee's two-day trial is set to begin on Thursday.

He faces charges of attacking Christianity and transmitting an obscene image.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...-claims-they-amount-gag-#sthash.aDO6kYSH.dpuf

bitchy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos,

You are being bullied by those coward.
The world is watching how the kangaroo handle you.
Even that coward 'Red Shirt' confronted you a hard slap you still 'Pa Si Bo Zao' "打死不跑" wanted to dance with LHL.
You are indeed a brave young hero.
God bless you.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He faces charges of attacking Christianity and transmitting an obscene image.

Charge me then. I am transmitting that obscene image. :kma:

796391.jpg

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Amos,

You are being bullied by those coward.
The world is watching how the kangaroo handle you.
Even that coward 'Red Shirt' confronted you a hard slap you still 'Pa Si Bo Zao' "打死不跑" wanted to dance with LHL.
You are indeed a brave young hero.
God bless you.

Your last line is not accepted by atheists like Amos.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a matter of time many more youths will join Amos to fook this regime.

yes. take down 1 amos and 10 will return. FAP has lost touch with sinkies. Amos continue to embarrass the FAP by choosing the exact opposite of what they wished for. Now they really wished they havent handcuff and jailed him. And they better smart up to name their supporter who slapped amos and not hide under the rug thinking Sinkies will quickly forget it.

NanoSpeed

Alfrescian
Loyal
Charge me then. I am transmitting that obscene image. :kma:

You're anonymous. But K. Jeyeratnam pulled a similar stunt just a few days' ago replacing Maggie's face with Amos'. So now if they're going to find Amos guilty for transmitting obscene image, they will have to make a statement on K.J.'s posting too.

In future Amos may just have to put a "disclaimer" on all his videos, making sure that viewers opt for either "agree" or "leave" before they can access the contents of his videos.

To the 20 odd PLPs who made reports against Amos resulting in his arrest and being charged, in future they will have the choice of opting out of Amos' videos.

As for making offensive remarks against Christianity, I think it's not too difficult to find videos of sermons by local pastors putting down other religions. The court will really need to think hard and weigh the evidence to see if it's worthwhile at all to open the can of worms.

Last edited: