• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ambitious Tan Jee Say set his sights high.

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lee Kuan Yew once famously claim that Opposition parties should try their hands on SMCs before they take on GRC. But WP famously proved Lee Kuan Yew wrong. The take down of Aljunied allows Opposition parties to dream big & aim high.

Tan Jee Say has not form any new political party yet and currently still qualify as independent. Previously we hear parties trying to stake a claim in Tanjong Pagar GRC for 2016, now we hear parties trying to stake claims on AMK GRC with sights on unseating Lee Hsien Loong.

By diving straight into AMK GRC somehows reflects the ambition of TJS, eager to be the dragon slayer. He lost Holland Bt Timah in 2011, then he attempted a calculated shot at Presidency to boost his profile. I wish him all the best. May he be the dragon slayer in GE 2016.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=234200323325917

Chinese New Year walkabout in Ang Mo Kio on Saturday 21 Jan 2012

399971_234201289992487_124537044292246_517254_2083368112_n.jpg

It was so good to see members and supporters of four opposition parties and several independents like myself coming together at the CNY walkabout in AMK yesterday. I was also pleased to see Lily Zubaidah Rahim joining us at the gathering. Lily is a Singaporean professor at Sydney University. In the attached online Straits Times article, she was shown next to me in the photograph.

It's a great start to many such combined activities that we intend to organise in the next few years. We were warmly received by the AMK residents, many of whom came up to offer us their good wishes and to urge the opposition to send a strong team to contest the AMK GRC in the next GE. I am sure all of us in the opposition are working hard to build up strong teams for all constituencies and to offer a credible alternative to the PAP. May the mighty dragon breathe more fire into our belly in the new year.

I wish all Singaporeans Happy Lunar New Year. 新年快乐,万事如意。

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Lee Kuan Yew once famously claim that Opposition parties should try their hands on SMCs before they take on GRC. But WP famously proved Lee Kuan Yew wrong. The take down of Aljunied allows Opposition parties to dream big & aim high.

Tan Jee Say has not form any new political party yet and currently still qualify as independent. Previously we hear parties trying to stake a claim in Tanjong Pagar GRC for 2016, now we hear parties trying to stake claims on AMK GRC with sights on unseating Lee Hsien Loong.

By diving straight into AMK GRC somehows reflects the ambition of TJS, eager to be the dragon slayer. He lost Holland Bt Timah in 2011, then he attempted a calculated shot at Presidency to boost his profile. I wish him all the best. May he be the dragon slayer in GE 2016.

It will be great if TJS leads a team to contest AMK GRC at the next GE.

And if SDP can go to TP GRC, NS remaining in MP GRC, WP contesting EC GRC, we shd see many changes after the next GE.

There is light for Singapore and Singaporeans

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
The real reason for choosing AMK was that it was neutral ground to everyone. Else, everyone will be bickering on whether to go BTP, Mountbatten, HBT or MP. Don't think TJS will go AMK in the end.

TJS's real aim is the party. The wards can come later. Whatever character TJS is, he has something many opposition leaders do not - an eye and discernment for talent. He certainly knows how to select people unlike Chiam. Imagine a party with TJS, AYG, ML (SDP), NS, JCA, TT, HP (NSP), BP and JL (SPP). A core CEC like that can match the WP or even PAP, never mind their characters.

By the way, I don't ever recall that LKY told the opposition to target SMCs, rather it has taunted them to come to GRCs, especially the incumbent opposition MPs.

Last edited:

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The real reason for choosing AMK was that it was neutral ground to everyone. Else, everyone will be bickering on whether to go BTP, Mountbatten, HBT or MP. Don't think TJS will go AMK in the end.

TJS's real aim is the party. The wards can come later. Whatever character TJS is, he has something many opposition leaders do not - an eye and discernment for talent. He certainly knows how to select people unlike Chiam. Imagine a party with TJS, AYG, ML (SDP), NS, JCA, TT, HP (NSP), BP and JL (SPP). A core CEC like that can match the WP or even PAP, never mind their characters.

By the way, I don't ever recall that LKY told the opposition to target SMCs, rather it has taunted them to come to GRCs, especially the incumbent opposition MPs.

Yes, those people you mentioned are credible..and with their unity of purpose, the party can be quite formidable.

and what will pap have? LHL, TCH, Tharman, KBW, LSS, LHK, GKY, YI, CCS, HSK? some will not contest because they know they are likely to lose..so the pap can be quite depleted at the next GE.

Do I see change in the future?

methink

Alfrescian
Loyal
I predict that LKY will be out in the next GE. He is too chicken for fear of losing.

Tanjong Pagar GRC has not been contested for ages. The old man will not take a chance unless he can arrest all the candidates opposing him in TPGRC.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I predict that LKY will be out in the next GE. He is too chicken for fear of losing.

Tanjong Pagar GRC has not been contested for ages. The old man will not take a chance unless he can arrest all the candidates opposing him in TPGRC.

Yes, we can expect TP GRC without LKY at the next GE. If still alive, he would be 92. Looking at how frail he is now, I dont think he will contest even if he is alive in 2015/16

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Another important thing is NOT to let LKY die too soon. God bless LKY to live long enough to see his incompetent proxy PM LHL loss his GRC in 2016 ...... hahaha

It will be great if TJS leads a team to contest AMK GRC at the next GE.

And if SDP can go to TP GRC, NS remaining in MP GRC, WP contesting EC GRC, we shd see many changes after the next GE.

There is light for Singapore and Singaporeans

waterloong

Alfrescian
Loyal
What problems do you foresee PAP will have in 2016? Most will be resolved before 2016. I hear the same wishful thoughts of a PAP downfall since the early nineties when I am legible to vote.

Yes, those people you mentioned are credible..and with their unity of purpose, the party can be quite formidable.

and what will pap have? LHL, TCH, Tharman, KBW, LSS, LHK, GKY, YI, CCS, HSK? some will not contest because they know they are likely to lose..so the pap can be quite depleted at the next GE.

Do I see change in the future?

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
I predict that LKY will be out in the next GE. He is too chicken for fear of losing. Tanjong Pagar GRC has not been contested for ages. .
hahaha......the opp parties are kuku.......they never consult the brothers n sisters in this forum.
otherwise they would have known that lky is dispised by the whole of sinkiland......if they stood against him in TP GRC in the past erections.....it is "lew lian pao chiak".
there would not have been so many frustrated forummers here banging balls.......what a cock-up....

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's come to a pass indeed: breaking news from Yahoo that 6 members of the SPP have resigned - Wilfred, Ben Pwee, Ting the long-timer, Hamim and his wife Juwaiti and David Tan a TJS loyalist. Now only another Chiam loyalist Yong and former DL buddy Yen remains.

Quite confirmed since Wilfred who was staunching dismissing dissensions as rumours and dissing the media for such a story, has deleted these comments on FB.

My own guess is the group will head to NSP, and TJS will join them there.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/six-singapore-people’s-party-members-resign.html

God Meng Seng

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's come to a pass indeed: breaking news from Yahoo that 6 members of the SPP have resigned - Wilfred, Ben Pwee, Ting the long-timer, Hamim and his wife Juwaiti and David Tan a TJS loyalist. Now only another Chiam loyalist Yong and former DL buddy Yen remains.

Quite confirmed since Wilfred who was staunching dismissing dissensions as rumours and dissing the media for such a story, has deleted these comments on FB.

My own guess is the group will head to NSP, and TJS will join them there.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/six-singapore-people’s-party-members-resign.html

You r rite, TJS will be the anchor man

TJS is rising star