• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Am I a "Kay Poh Chee"?

PenAndPaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
This afternoon, during lunch, I went to a nearby food court in the mall opposite my work area. I usually lunch alone because I dislike gossips and do not want to participate in such 无聊 discussions which always crop up during lunch especially with colleagues I don't know well.

After lunch, I was on my way back to office and I saw an aunty scolding and whacking her young daughter and the latter was wailing away desperately. At first I thought she would stop. After 3 minutes, she was still beating her poor daughter. It did remind me of my mother beating the hell out of me in public when I was a young girl. I seriously hate this sight to the core.

And so, I plucked up my courage and decided to walk over and told the aunty not to beat her daughter anymore as she might get injured or worse, break a bone or two.

She stopped as a small crowd seemed to have gathered following my intervention. She probably noticed the small crowd by now and screamed at me in Mandarin and Hokkien.

”我教女儿管你屁事。Si Kay Ooh Chee!!!"

I was taken aback and before I could composed myself to say I would call 999 if she didn't stop, she hurriedly dragged her daughter and shot right down to the MRT escalators. The poor little girl was still crying.

Now in office, this traumatic incident kept replaying inside my brain since. I really want to tell someone about this incident, but I don't want to talk to others now.

I am wondering whether I am really a busybody to mind other people's business? Am I?

Am I really a "Kay Poh Chee"?

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe physical abuse is a crime. Not reporting it I think is also a crime in certain states. Not sure about sinkie.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This afternoon, during lunch, I went to a nearby food court in the mall opposite my work area. I usually lunch alone because I dislike gossips and do not want to participate in such 无聊 discussions which always crop up during lunch especially with colleagues I don't know well.

After lunch, I was on my way back to office and I saw an aunty scolding and whacking her young daughter and the latter was wailing away desperately. At first I thought she would stop. After 3 minutes, she was still beating her poor daughter. It did remind me of my mother beating the hell out of me in public when I was a young girl. I seriously hate this sight to the core.

And so, I plucked up my courage and decided to walk over and told the aunty not to beat her daughter anymore as she might get injured or worse, break a bone or two.

She stopped as a small crowd seemed to have gathered following my intervention. She probably noticed the small crowd by now and screamed at me in Mandarin and Hokkien.

I was taken aback and before I could composed myself to say I would call 999 if she didn't stop, she hurriedly dragged her daughter and shot right down to the MRT escalators. The poor little girl was still crying.

Now in office, this traumatic incident kept replaying inside my brain since. I really want to tell someone about this incident, but I don't want to talk to others now.

I am wondering whether I am really a busybody to mind other people's business? Am I?

You should have videocam'd the entire ordeal and report to the police with that evidence.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal

Eh.... do what u feels right.... next time use 借刀杀人计 .... get @blackmondy to 出刀杀人计....

jw5

Loyal

In this case, I would say no. :cool: