• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All Cecilia Sue stuff here please....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Here is the problem.

He and another individual were warned about their womanising, another quit. How often can you warn about the same thing. In the previous case, this whole thing came to attention of MHA when the waitress made an allegation about a Supt some years back. The other individual was closer to Peter Lim.

It just that they pulled up his file when a fresh tip-off came in. They found the warning, new brooms saw the warning and gave the greenlight. It turned out to be good outcome. In the course of the investigation SCDF chief's involvement surfaced. They expanded the investigation and more cases surfaced. These were exited departmentally.

With Eric Tan and Wong Choon Man, you are looking at a red-hot execution team.

all the evidence tendered into court thus far seems to suggest tat this matter sld hv been dealt wif wifin MHA/PSC...NGB sld hv prolly been allowed to take early retirement...

TheWhiteHorse

Alfrescian
Loyal
And look at her mannerism as she goes to and leaves court - smiling like a celebrity.

I seem to think she's enjoying the attention. Her pictures were all over the net already fluffing up interest way before the trial. She should have been a lot more prepared knowing the publicity from this shit storm.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Companies should be taken to task for employing prostitutes who compromise the civil servant in this manner. I am sure there are going to outcomes along these lines.

She is most suited to be in the insurance industry.

Confirmed every year MDRT.

Contract signed in BRs.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly I think she is a brainless bimboo. CPIB probably told her she is doing national service for the country.

I seem to think she's enjoying the attention. Her pictures were all over the net already fluffing up interest way before the trial. She should have been a lot more prepared knowing the publicity from this shit storm.

HotDogWater

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the way she presents her statements in court, NBG is most likely to escape punishment. No wonder Seniour Counsel Tan kept smiling at the cameras.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Bertha Harlan put it the best, Any civil servant who accepts a pencil, pen or penis is assumed to be corrupt under the wide wording of the act. Please note that thus far the prosecution has acknowledged in court that they cannot proof NBG influenced, directed or had apart in any way in influencing the contracts for which CS was involved in when her role was that of a sub con and not a main con. They do not have to proof anything because the assumption is one of guilt with NBG offering a defense. which is why in this case even with a senior DPP and a weak hand they have just gone and hope NBG could not offer an adequate defense.

Corruption defined so loosely where no money changes hands, where the prosecution admits no direct or indirect influence on the contract in question , where NBG only sin was screwing a sub con manager is in my view a prosecutorial width hunt

Locke

Now for the nitty-gritty.

The first thing that people need to do is that to treat this separately from the usual criminal case. CPIB cases involves scums on both the prosectuion and the defence sides. One offered the gratification and the pne who received it.

The law clearly requires the court not to disgard the creditworthiness of the person who contributed to the criminal act such as providing the bribe or gratification. That in itself is a powerful stipulation and many lawyer struggle with that as discrediting the that person is the most powerful tool.

CPIB is not interested if she is lying whore. All they want her to say is that sex was involved and not the type of sex and that it occurred during a position of conflict. Her slutiness and her lying nature is not a reflection of CPIB in the eyes of professionals. How else can you get a conviction unless you use one criminal against another.

What has been established so far.

1. Sex has indeed occurred and more than one time.
2. It occurred during a period where she was actual account manager for CPIB and he was the Head of CPIB
3. A $300k contract was involved during the material time where NCS was the contracting party and Oracle was the software used.
4. That she is a manipulative whore and a lying one at that. Which leads strongly to the point that CPIB wants to make. She was keeping him warm to get contracts and no love was involved and she was not a convenient FB.

What can Ng rely on

1. Proof that it was not gratification but pure love and he was smitten
2. That he was not in position of conflict. Which would be a miracle as its a matter of fact. CPIB does not have to prove the exercise of influence but a position of influence when gratification is involved.
It is common knowledge that subordinates will less likely yo challenge a contract submission if the boss is screwing the vendors account manager. He does not have to say anything. She on the other hand is in her interest to say that or create that perception to his subordinates.

That is why all civil servants avoid position of conflicts for obvious reasons. Politicians however can get away with it as it is their job to meet voters and interest groups of various persuasion.

rambo22

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the way she presents her statements in court, NBG is most likely to escape punishment. No wonder Seniour Counsel Tan kept smiling at the cameras.

This slut testimonies in court macam fried kuay teow.

To be honest, Gay dun need a SC to defend him.

Any bro in this forum can do the job.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
NBG went he first went in disclosed that the statistics on arrest was doubled over a number of years. It certainly was embarrassing for the establishment and it was during WKS period and not during Shanmugam and Teo's tenure. CNB Head at the time was Ng Seng Liang. I doubt he has any influence over this. The guy is known for taking the path of least resistance.

Actually that is why I think it will lead to conviction. Menon would not have recommended if it was 50/50. Menon is also a liberal and fair individual very much like VK.

Actually with Menon and VK, NBG has some hope as both are likely to question the onerous nature of the Prevention of Corruption Act

In another vein, I am sure it is not lost on Siva S that his CJ sanctioned the prosecution.

What I found rather comical was Tan Chee Meng's motion for immediate dismissal on at the start of the proceedings on day 1. And his revelation of SMS which I thought goes to her lack of credibility but also points to her pedaling sex for nefarious reasons.

but like u say new brooms at the top of MHA plus i think the govt not pleased by too much hanky panky possible conflict of interest gg on amongst the top civil servants...so wants to send clear signal to stop such indiscretions...also i heard a rumour tat when NBG took over at CNB he may hv ruffled some feathers, so more axe to grind agst him...

one more thing...i think one sld not forget who the AG was at the time AGC decided to press charges agst NBG...none other than Menon, the presumptive CJ...now i hardly think it wld look gd for Menon if NBG got off wif an aquittal...surely Menon wld hv had to sign off on such a big case such as this one...n i wld hv tot he wld hv made damn well sure tat a conviction was likely...even taking into account all the likely flip flops n histrionics of CS...

HotDogWater

Alfrescian
Loyal
This slut testimonies in court macam fried kuay teow.

To be honest, Gay dun need a SC to defend him.

Any bro in this forum can do the job.

The SC is probably laughing cause it is easy money for little job done. The prosecution self-destructed.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree and I am also in agreement with what Ptader wrote. The presumption element in the Act is all powerful. Of all the people who should know this is the Director of CNB should know this as his Dept more than any other Dept relies on this element to send people to the gallows. What is good for the goose must be good for the gander.

It is indeed an onerous law. The moment I heard that she was the official account manager for CNB, I knew he was in skid row.

what people are not aware are that many CPIB cases never go to court but recommended for Departmental action. I know of cases where civil servants resigned for accepting rental video tapes for free, oranges for free etc.

Dear Scroo

Bertha Harlan put it the best, Any civil servant who accepts a pencil, pen or penis is assumed to be corrupt under the wide wording of the act. Please note that thus far the prosecution has acknowledged in court that they cannot proof NBG influenced, directed or had apart in any way in influencing the contracts for which CS was involved in when her role was that of a sub con and not a main con. They do not have to proof anything because the assumption is one of guilt with NBG offering a defense. which is why in this case even with a senior DPP and a weak hand they have just gone and hope NBG could not offer an adequate defense.

Corruption defined so loosely where no money changes hands, where the prosecution admits no direct or indirect influence on the contract in question , where NBG only sin was screwing a sub con manager is in my view a prosecutorial width hunt

Locke

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: CNB prosecution case going into self-destruct by star witness Cecilia

hi there

1. hahaha!
2. gd, ah sue is not your type mah.
3. lwl is still your favourite!

Hi there

1. Decided to change 'vegetable'.
2. Looking for real love now, not $$$$.
3. Got lobang, please intro.
4. Kum siah.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
With Eric Tan and Wong Choon Man, you are looking at a red-hot execution team.

The latter has skeletons in his cupboard. He was detained for 47 hrs during the ALS investigation. In addition, he is no holy Mann! He gian thiong and gian chiong type. I almost collapsed when told he was seconded to "White House". Brave but risky move of ET.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If I happen to be SC Tan, I wouldn't be smiling. I bet the 'worst has yet to come' from the prosecution. Expect surprises next week when other PWs appear in court. I hope I am wrong on this otherwise it is 'bye-bye' for NBG. Calm before the storm, imo.

HotDogWater

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I happen to be SC Tan, I wouldn't be smiling. I bet the 'worst has yet to come' from the prosecution. Expect surprises next week when other PWs appear in court. I hope I am wrong on this otherwise it is 'bye-bye' for NBG. Calm before the storm, imo.

It could go eitherway. Tan Chee Meng was a former prosecutor, from what I have heard. He is probably knowledgable about how dirty the prosecution can play when they want to get someone charged.

I am rooting for none. It is a case of adulterer v materialistic slut. :biggrin:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NBG went he first went in disclosed that the statistics on arrest was doubled over a number of years. It certainly was embarrassing for the establishment and it was during WKS period and not during Shanmugam and Teo's tenure. CNB Head at the time was Ng Seng Liang. I doubt he has any influence over this. The guy is known for taking the path of least resistance.

Leaving the 3 ministers out, the most senior chap who sat through this episode would be the PS.

Yes, your description of NSL cannot be more accurate. He is a shrewd operator who knows how to survive in the civil service.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It could go eitherway. Tan Chee Meng was a former prosecutor, from what I have heard. He is probably knowledgable about how dirty the prosecution can play when they want to get someone charged.

I am rooting for none. It is a case of adulterer v materialistic slut. :biggrin:

Thanks for the info on TCM. Wasn't aware he was a DPP previously. In fact, never heard of him before this case.