• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

All about cars in Malaysia

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Most economical car to drive between JB and Singapore

why no one have ever recommended Kia Picanto, Perodua Kenari / Perodua Kelisa and Cherry QQ? ..

Hyundai Getz also no one ever recommend as budget..

maybe forum people are all rich, thats why dont go for compact budget cars :(

Because you asking for economical car right ? In terms of petrol and maintenaince.
So i guess Perodua is the best already .
Perodua kelisa and kenari no longer production in MY.
Latest is perodua viva taking over kancil .
Not bad ... Small car for short distance. :smile:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Because you asking for economical car right ? In terms of petrol and maintenaince.
So i guess Perodua is the best already .
Perodua kelisa and kenari no longer production in MY.
Latest is perodua viva taking over kancil .
Not bad ... Small car for short distance. :smile:

Kancil is what car?..

Kenari stopped production already?

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Kancil is SLK ... Small Little Kancil .. Lol:biggrin:
Kenari Long time already extinct bro ... One Ugly car..

kenari is a very fuel efficient car leh..
sgcarmart still selling..

i will never buy a proton exora in singapore, cost S$108,000 for a brand new, and S$65,000 for a OPC 2nd hand.
In MY Carlist only cost MYR 89,012.
darn crazy to buy it for S$108,000!!

I think i am going as follows,

1) Get a proton Exora in malaysia for MYR 89,000! if not get a second hand for 70,000MYR.
2) Get a Perodua - Kenari in Singapore for around S$36,000 for a 2008 registered date. at least can use until 2018, 6 more years to go.

I heard kenari has got lots of room.

If not Kia Picanto registered in Jul 2008 for S$39,800

I heard these 2 cars can get a lot of parts and very much easily serviced in Johor Bahru..

any thoughts for me?
My instructor is rushing me to take TP on april, hopefully can catch in time for my move in May..

Nasi Lemak

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro LG ...

Just get a Myvi Perodua ... RM45k only ...
Better than kenari. Kenari not so stable .
Look like a cake van . Haha...
No COE...
Lifetime use until kaput ...
Msia insurans...road tax
Msia petrol 95 ...
Super saving petrol .. I really mean it !
Fuel injection engine from japan tech.
Parts any tom dick harry also have ,

Lol:biggrin::biggrin:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro LG ...

Just get a Myvi Perodua ... RM45k only ...
Better than kenari. Kenari not so stable .
Look like a cake van . Haha...
No COE...
Lifetime use until kaput ...
Msia insurans...road tax
Msia petrol 95 ...
Super saving petrol .. I really mean it !
Fuel injection engine from japan tech.
Parts any tom dick harry also have ,

Lol:biggrin::biggrin:

Hha.... come on i cannot get a JB registered car and get into Singapore right? ..
so i dont have to think of getting Myvi for 45kRM..

i think i can only afford to only get a picanto / kenari in singapore.

In JB, maybe get a Exora like recommended so can fetch the entire family for leisure..

Singapore Registered cars are for domestic purposes at a budget.. like visiting the hospital, etc..

i am poor :(:( not so rich... Exora in SG cost S$108,000!! CRAZY lah..

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

I ordered 1 exora premium already!!! :biggrin:

Well done. Getting a Toyota Innova sized car at a good price. :smile:
Turbo version i hope? Much better than getting the Avanza 1.3 since
the base model is underpowered and Alza is mainly for occasional use
of 7 seats.

Javier

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: New Causeway toll!

Just saw the Chinese papers. They are changing this to just target Singaporean cars!!!

This is bad.

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal

Just saw the Chinese papers. They are changing this to just target Singaporean cars!!!

This is bad.

Expected, as all along they have been saying locals no need to pay to use EDL and only if they need to cross causeway. The question is whether SG cars have a choice not to pay if we dun use EDL. We must protest like the malaysians leh.....

Does it make sense to buy MY car and pay $20 per day?
(52 weeks x 5 days -20 days free)x $20 = ~$4800/yr or $48000 for 10yrs.
COE now cost $80k plus the additional EDL toll....so it seems worth it.

But PAP sure will think of ways to prevent people using MY cars in Singapore.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

This is bad.

Ridiculous, Singaporean are their pay master in Johor !! How dare they treat Singaporean like dirt ?????

Javier

Alfrescian
Loyal

Maybe we Singaporeans should boycott Malaysia when they start to Implement till they give in....

I doubt it could work, as this affects those who are staying in Johor and who travels daily to Singapore much more than those who enter once a week to top up petrol.

NoOnEsAwMe

Alfrescian
Loyal

it is against singapore law for singaporean to drive a msian-reg vehicle in singapore.

Expected, as all along they have been saying locals no need to pay to use EDL and only if they need to cross causeway. The question is whether SG cars have a choice not to pay if we dun use EDL. We must protest like the malaysians leh.....

Does it make sense to buy MY car and pay $20 per day?
(52 weeks x 5 days -20 days free)x $20 = ~$4800/yr or $48000 for 10yrs.
COE now cost $80k plus the additional EDL toll....so it seems worth it.

But PAP sure will think of ways to prevent people using MY cars in Singapore.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) will be opened on 01 April 2012 from 00:01 hours. Just saw that on their electronic signboard. Probably they'll give free usage for the 1st month as with all their highways.

Last edited:

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

Confirmed opened and it will be free at the moment, at least this month of April.

toyohon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Opening Of The Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL)

By CHOONG EN HAN
[email protected] | Apr 4, 2012
MRCB hopes to sell back expressway to Govt

Fielding questions: Razeek (left) and Azlan at the briefing.
KUALA LUMPUR: Malaysian Resources Corp Bhd (MRCB) is open to selling its Eastern Dispersal Link (EDL) expressway back to the Government following the latter’s decision to review the company’s toll concession mooted in 2008.

“I’m sure the Government have many options to consider, and one of them is to impose a levy on Singaporean vehicles, and the other option, hopefully from our point of view is to buy the EDL off us at market value,” said MRCB chairman Tan Sri Azlan Zainol in a briefing after the company AGM.

He said the cost of the EDL was estimated at around RM1.4bil, and hoped a decision to be made in May.

“We leave the decision to the Government, and we are in constant touch with the authorities to consult and advice,” he said.

The 8.1km EDL links the North-South Expressway to the Johor Customs, Immigration and Quarantine Complex, and into Singapore directly at an effective toll rate of RM6.20 per travel.

Based on MRCB’s internal projections of about 60,000 vehicles utilisation rate daily for the EDL, it would generate about RM135.7mil in cash annually for the company with increases in toll charges every few years under the old concession agreement.

“We hope that this will be resolved soon as it will impact the company and collections. We had budgeted to start tolling in May,” he said, adding that the EDL had experienced good traffic response since it opened on Sunday.

Recently, the EDL had drawn controversy when it was reported that MRCB would require motorists travelling to Singapore via the Johor Causeway to pay about five times more than the current toll rate of RM2.90.

On Monday, the Malaysian Highway Authority director-general Datuk Ismail Salleh said vehicles would not be charged toll for now as the Government was still finalising the details.

On company’s prospects this year, Azlan said that it would be a challenging year while trying to maintain its profit at its current level.

“For 2013 onwards, we think our profit would be much better as a lot of the projects that we are currently doing would be completed in 2013. We are also steering the company’s direction towards property development,” he said.

He said the property development business offered better profits compared with construction and engineering. Currently property development contributes about 75% to the company’s profit and 40% to the group’s total revenue.

“We have about RM2.7bil in borrowings based on project financing, and we are prepared to try and chew at what we can.,” he said.

Azlan said MRCB would concentrate in the Klang Valley, as it still deemed the area with growth potential, while also looking at land in Johor and Penang.

Meanwhile chief executive officer Datuk Mohamed Razeek Hussain said the company had three mega projects which would keep it busy for the next three to four years.

“We have at the moment five acres in Brickfields worth RM1.8bil in gross development value (GDV), 27 acres in Setapak worth RM1.7bil in GDV and Penang Sentral, along with a small parcel near Jalan Kia Peng worth RM350mil in GDV,” he said