• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Aljunied needs 6.2% swing to win, how?

GeylangCheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
In 2006, George Yeo's team won 56.1% and Sylvia won 43.9%

This time there is some change in boundaries but still need a 6.2% gain to swing in favour of WP

This time there is Chen Show Mao, if WP places him there, or maybe they are thinking of putting him in East Coast

It will be tough. The vocal people are those who are fed up with the status quo

Are there enough? How to get the 6.2%

Really fed up of being squeezed left right and centre

Let's contribute ideas

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Every Opposition supporter on Sammyboy can do their part by emailing their friends and relatives about sites such as Online Citizen, Temasek Review, Yahoo News Singapore (especially the comments), Yawning Bread etc. Many so-called "educated" citizens still don't know of such sites and only get news from Straits Times and other state-controlled media.

In 2006, George Yeo's team won 56.1% and Sylvia won 43.9%

This time there is some change in boundaries but still need a 6.2% gain to swing in favour of WP

This time there is Chen Show Mao, if WP places him there, or maybe they are thinking of putting him in East Coast

It will be tough. The vocal people are those who are fed up with the status quo

Are there enough? How to get the 6.2%

Really fed up of being squeezed left right and centre

Let's contribute ideas

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Many so-called "educated" citizens still don't know of such sites and only get news from Straits Times and other state-controlled media.

Agreed. The PAP media propaganda machine (SPH and Mediacorp) has gone into overdrive with their blatant negative reporting of the Opposition parties. Let's get more voters online to see what is really happening on the ground.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz gather some frens and go door to door and slip a small piece of paper under the doors reading "GST will increase to 10% by government after elections".
That should do the trick. make sure got maly and chinese translations.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
6.2% swing is not so difficult if the WP field a strong team and continue their strategy. Especially in the present climate. However, the PAP's dirty tactics of gerrymandering the GRC might still give them a slight edge. They have taken out the problem areas and gave it to the stronger Marine Parade GRC led by GCT. They then added a strong PAP area from Ang Mo Kio GRC to Aljunied. The PAP has tried to gloss over this tactic but it is very real and very effective.

I think the Opposition in this election have to be very nimble and quick to respond to any attacks from the PAP and answer them pointblank and in fact, go on the offensive. Don't get sidetracked by perceived issues brought up by the PAP. And they have to put it up on all available media platforms. As everybody here knows, the Straits Times is the government's chief mouthpiece and cheerleader. Now, they have even come out with a free iPhone app for the younger tech savvy crowd...

tiuroyston46asshole

Alfrescian
Loyal
Juz gather some frens and go door to door and slip a small piece of paper under the doors reading "GST will increase to 10% by government after elections".

Yeah, good thinking asshole like you should do the trick.....

AndreaPeh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck to all

singaporege2011.wordpress.com

singaporeelection.blogspot.com

singaporerecalcitrant.blogspot.com

facebook.com/theonlinecitizen

facebook.com/pages/The-Temasek-Review/190806675782

yawningbread.wordpress.com

Play Weakest Link Game - paptheweakestlink.blogspot.com

Best wishes.

youtalkcock

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Yeah, good thinking asshole like me should do the trick.....:p:p:p

This i fully agree.
eek.gif

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

the MSM just reported that the GST will not be increased for the next 5 years :eek::eek::eek:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jeez. Sinkees simply do not know when they have it good. Compare Sing to Tokyo or London! When I was in London 3 years ago, the prices were times 3. A cab ride from Heathrow to Charing Cross cost me S$180. A tube ride in zone 1, just 5 stops away from Embankment to Monument cost me S$4.80 one way. A miserable sandwich at E.A.T. along the way cost me S$9.50. Most Londoners have to pack lunch to work as its beyond their budget to eat out. A trip back home from work take 90 min on average provided there is no union strike. Half the salary earned by a typical Londoner is paid towards health insurance and tax. Today the prices are about twice versus the pound given the strength of the Singapore dollar and I personally find it a relief.

-

Last edited:

yellow_people

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sylvia is now a recognizable face. WP can deploy their secret weapon elsewhere??

You're late. SL is going to be deployed elsewhere according to her wishes. She does not want to be stuck carrying a team consisting of a Taiwanese and a self proclaimed PAP voter. This much is already known even though WP supporters refuse to acknowledge it and are in denial.

-

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Today the prices are about twice versus the pound given the strength of the Singapore dollar and I personally find it a relief.

good to note that the PAP has many avenues to take money from her people and they are pretty good at that :eek::eek::eek:

Heart Break Kid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this maybe a old thread in Apr 2011 just before GE 2011. But nothing is impossible to achieve as long as we work hard & maintain our beliefs. More importantly, when luck is on your side. Victory is ours :biggrin:

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
the MSM just reported that the GST will not be increased for the next 5 years :eek::eek::eek:

Believing PAP is like believing pigs can fly. Anyway, it is only Tharman who said so. LHL said it depends on the situation at the time. You go figure.