• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Alex Tan ZhiXiang Persecuted for Strong Views Against Overcrowded Public Transport

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
[h=2]Founding editor of The Real Singapore investigated for ‘intentional haressment’[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
August 29th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

alextan.png
Alex Tan ZhiXiang contested in GE 2011

One of the founding editors of The Real Singapore (TRS) is being investigated by the police for “intentional haressment”, following a complaint by SBS Transit (SBS).

Alex Tan ZhiXiang was summoned by Tanglin Police Division after a Magistrate Complaint was lodged against him, for using multiple instances of F* word in an open letter addressed to SBS, commenting on the overcrowding and infrequent bus services.

In the letter titled ”Fuck You SBS”, Alex Tan had narrated his early morning experience on a bus where he was deducted a full fare for alighting from the front door of an overcrowded bus.

Peppered with “fuck-you”s, the letter also highlighted the Government’s decision to spend $1.1 billion of Singaporeans’ monies to boost the bus fleet and pay for the running costs of the SBS and SMRT over the next five years [Link].

Commenting on the incident in an editorial on TRS, Alex Tan said the magistrate complaint came as a surprise, and he was left wondering if SBS has run out of solutions to overcrowding and is here trying to silence a valid complainant:
The public feedback letter was meant to be a joke and it was pretty well-received from the public. I am amazed to hear that a corporation would be “harassed” by such a letter, which I believe is quite a common complain. Overcrowding of buses in Singapore has been ongoing for years, and this seriously left me wondering if they have decided they have no solutions and are here trying to silence a valid complainant. I appreciate the Singapore Police for throwing out the case and referring them to the Magistrate. Nonetheless I believe the Magistrate will come to a trusted decision.
Responding to an earlier query from TR Emeritus (TRE) on what actually transpired, Alex Tan said:
Bo lah was on my way to work, then this cb bus so fucking crowded and i got squeezed at the front door. i waited 12 mins for this bus sibey tulan already and i was late for work. then this cb ez link card reader turns “Entry” when i was about to exit along with others, then the cb k****g driver bo chap me and tell me to go transitlink office when i asked for refund. cb transitlink office so far away go there to get $2.50 deducted for fuck. ccb waste time.
While it may have been inappropriate and unnecessary of Alex Tan to pepper the open letter with multiple instances of F* word to get the message across, it is surprising that SBS, being a service provider is more interested in silencing its critics than to address the genuine concerns put forth and improve on its services.

Alex Tan contested under The Reform Party banner against Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong in General Election 2011 and is one of the founding editors of a fairly-new blog, The Real Singapore, together with a Japanese female blogger who is believed to be a locally-born Singaporean.

An engineer by profession, Alex Tan has published a statement earlier stating that he is planning to emigrate to Australia or US by 2014, having completely lost faith in the system.
Join our TRE facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/TREmeritus

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Alex Tan ZhiXiang Persecuted for Strong Views Against Overcrowded Public Transpor

this guy is a complete disgrace to the opposition party

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Alex Tan ZhiXiang Persecuted for Strong Views Against Overcrowded Public Transpor

His website - The Real Singapore is down.

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal

Damn stupid to invite trouble to himself. With this kind of mentality, migrate to where also pointless.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

He attention seeker lah. The first few word is FUCK and somemore he leaves his name in the letter?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

There is nothing wrong in using the F word as it show how frustrated the people is.

The sinkie PAP is trying to using any chance to use law against him.

Keep on with the F word, dun give a FUck care

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

this guy is a complete disgrace to the opposition party

This idiot is in the same league as that got more shit.

They're are in the opposition to make it look bad.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

But to state your name openly? Where got so stupid one.

If you dun give a fuck, then be like him. State you full name with NRIC here.

There is nothing wrong in using the F word as it show how frustrated the people is.

The sinkie PAP is trying to using any chance to use law against him.

Keep on with the F word, dun give a FUck care

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

But to state your name openly? Where got so stupid one.

If you dun give a fuck, then be like him. State you full name with NRIC here.

It is an open letter, letter need to put name mah. just because he is an opposition, so PAP need to get any minute chance to prosecute him. WHat a low life. but that is how sinkie behaves.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Ez link card should be called CB link card ?

hi there

1. aiyoh!
2. alec, for the next time you want to "f" those dafter sheep.
3. just use "poke" loh!
4. local kangaroo is just one piece of shit.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

LOL! Making himself no face only.

SINGAPORE - Mr Alex Tan, 24, who stood as a candidate for the Reform Party in the last General Election, has apologised to SBS Transit over comments made in a profanity-laden email last month, after the public transport operator had approached the Magistrate's Court for assistance.

The email - dated July 26 and copied to Transport Minister Lui Tuck Yew, the Land Transport Authority and the Public Transport Council - took issue with, among other things, "overcrowding" and the frequency of bus services.

SBS Transit spokesperson Tammy Tan told TODAY that, on Wednesday, it received "two emails from Mr Tan expressing remorse for his earlier comments".

Ms Tan said: "We have since accepted Mr Tan's apology and understand that he will be retracting his earlier comments. We will keep the Magistrate's Court informed of this latest development. "

Ms Tan said that after the operator sought the court's help, the latter was understood to have instructed the police to look into the matter. The police are understood to have spoken to Mr Tan on Tuesday.

Responding to TODAY's queries, the police confirmed a report has been lodged and they are investigating.

In a post on Wednesday on his website, The Real Singapore, Mr Tan apologised for the "vulgar letter".

"I deeply regret my actions and will never write any article in the public domain through my website or any other sites," he added.

TODAY was unable to reach Mr Tan for comment. SUMITA SREEDHARAN

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

alextan.png

lianbeng tells alex tan zhixiang off: fuck u ccb! now u go lim kopi then go inside kana fucked until backside pichiak!:oIo:

cleareyes

Alfrescian
Loyal

[h=2]Founding editor of The Real Singapore investigated for ‘intentional haressment’[/h]
PostDateIcon.png
August 29th, 2012 |
PostAuthorIcon.png
Author: Editorial

alextan.png

One of the founding editors of The Real Singapore (TRS) is being investigated by the police for “intentional haressment”, following a complaint by SBS Transit (SBS).

Though his complains are valid, his approach is wrong and inviting trouble. The use of such expression opened a loophole to be attacked and he himself does not stand fast to his claim and instead called it a "joke".

I wont pity him if he does get into more trouble as he is just attention seeking and does not take the seriousness of the matter and the aftermate into cvonsideration

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singaporeans seem to get dumber by the day. :biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ez link card should be called CB link card ?
This company makes lots of money without the need to do much.
Its holds your money without paying you interests....you still need to pay them to buy their card....if you lose or spoil the card then its money into their pockets again.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

F word can be found in dictionaries......acceptable?