• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ah Long Burns Two HDB Flat That Didn't Even Borrow Money

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
11535803_379743482211402_5796644451554097580_n.jpg

11427781_776957829088974_4675458504446850921_n.jpg

Report from OMY News:

MY_20150615_FIRE15_P_1409075.jpg

AFTERMATH: The fronts of the two flats in Toh Guan Road were set on fire in the wee
hours on Saturday. The police said no one was injured in the incident, and that the fire
could have been started by loan sharks. PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

Loan sharks are believed to have set fire to the fronts of two flats in Jurong East early on Saturday.

But they might have been after a unit one floor below, which was outfitted with a surveillance camera.

"After the incident, the father of the person targeted by the loan sharks came to me to apologise, saying the debts were owed by a friend of his son, and that his son was only the guarantor," said one of the affected residents, who wanted to be known only as Ms Chen.

"The father offered to re-paint our door, but since it was badly burnt, I turned him down," added Ms Chen, who was cited by Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao yesterday.

When Wanbao visited the flat of the alleged guarantor on the 11th floor of Block 272 in Toh Guan Road after last Saturday's incident, which happened just past midnight, no one answered the bell.

Wanbao noted a closed-circuit television camera at the front of the flat, which includes two black boxes bearing a police logo.

The camera was apparently installed by the police following earlier reports by the family that it had faced harassment, according to Wanbao.

Recounting the incident, Ms Chen, who is in her 50s, said: "My husband, my son and I were soundly asleep when we were alerted to the fire by our neighbours, who rang our door bell. The whole episode gave me quite a scare."

Ms Chen questioned why her home was targeted when her family had no dealings with them, and why the culprits resorted to fire, as lives could have been lost.

Members of the other targeted household were also asleep when their home's front door, iron gate and other objects - such as some bonsai plants and shoes - placed in the corridor were burnt.

"We were awakened by the firemen who rang our door, and when we came out of our bedrooms, we found the whole house filled with smoke," one family member, who wanted be known only as Ms Liu, told Shin Min Daily News. She lives with her husband and mother-in-law.

"The floor near the front door was covered with black oil," added Ms Liu, who was still in shock.

"We were told to immediately evacuate when we went outside."

The first to discover the fire was apparently a man surnamed Li, who lives on a higher floor.

"I was chatting with my neighbour when I saw smoke billowing from a lower floor. I quickly rushed home to call the police," said the 41-year-old property agent.

The police said the case was established as one of "suspected unlicensed moneylending harassment by fire".

They added that no one was injured in the incident. The case is still under investigation.

[email protected]

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got an SMS with caption O$P$ followed by expletives abt my mother and threats to burn my house unless I trf $3000 to a given POSB acct.....................Fine! But the problem is I din owe anybody any money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is our SPF doing??? Simple thing like this cannot solve for so many years!!

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
[video=youtube_share;XeB2ao2J1zk]https://youtu.be/XeB2ao2J1zk[/video]

translate: "ahlong ahlong...come i take off shirt challenge you 1 to 1 fight... :biggrin:

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
'Loan sharks' give 2 families rude awakening

http://mypaper.sg/top-stories/loan-sharks-give-2-families-rude-awakening-20150615

Back to Top Stories Section

[h=3][/h][h=2]MY_20150615_FIRE15_P_1409075.jpg[/h][h=3][/h]
MY_20150615_FIRE15_P_1409075.jpg
[h=3][/h]AFTERMATH: The fronts of the two flats in Toh Guan Road were set on fire in the wee hours on Saturday. The police said no one was injured in the incident, and that the fire could have been started by loan sharks.

PHOTO: SHIN MIN DAILY NEWS

Published on Jun 15, 2015
[h=2]'Loan sharks' give 2 families rude awakening[/h]

LOAN sharks are believed to have set fire to the fronts of two flats in Jurong East early on Saturday.

But they might have been after a unit one floor below, which was outfitted with a surveillance camera.

"After the incident, the father of the person targeted by the loan sharks came to me to apologise, saying the debts were owed by a friend of his son, and that his son was only the guarantor," said one of the affected residents, who wanted to be known only as Ms Chen.

"The father offered to re-paint our door, but since it was badly burnt, I turned him down," added Ms Chen, who was cited by Chinese evening daily Lianhe Wanbao yesterday.

When Wanbao visited the flat of the alleged guarantor on the 11th floor of Block 272 in Toh Guan Road after last Saturday's incident, which happened just past midnight, no one answered the bell.
Wanbao noted a closed-circuit television camera at the front of the flat, which includes two black boxes bearing a police logo.

The camera was apparently installed by the police following earlier reports by the family that it had faced harassment, according to Wanbao.

Recounting the incident, Ms Chen, who is in her 50s, said: "My husband, my son and I were soundly asleep when we were alerted to the fire by our neighbours, who rang our door bell. The whole episode gave me quite a scare."

Ms Chen questioned why her home was targeted when her family had no dealings with them, and why the culprits resorted to fire, as lives could have been lost.

Members of the other targeted household were also asleep when their home's front door, iron gate and other objects - such as some bonsai plants and shoes - placed in the corridor were burnt.

"We were awakened by the firemen who rang our door, and when we came out of our bedrooms, we found the whole house filled with smoke," one family member, who wanted be known only as Ms Liu, told Shin Min Daily News. She lives with her husband and mother-in-law.

"The floor near the front door was covered with black oil," added Ms Liu, who was still in shock.

"We were told to immediately evacuate when we went outside."

The first to discover the fire was apparently a man surnamed Li, who lives on a higher floor.

"I was chatting with my neighbour when I saw smoke billowing from a lower floor. I quickly rushed home to call the police," said the 41-year-old property agent.

The police said the case was established as one of "suspected unlicensed moneylending harassment by fire".

They added that no one was injured in the incident. The case is still under investigation. [email protected]

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: 'Loan sharks' give 2 families rude awakening

now black and white colour machiam like those new designer studio apartment, value will go up....dont forget to thank the ahlongs :biggrin:

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal
Re: 'Loan sharks' give 2 families rude awakening

Maybe now they will consider making arson punishable with the death penalty, just like kidnapping. :rolleyes:

chowcheebye

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got an SMS with caption O$P$ followed by expletives abt my mother and threats to burn my house unless I trf $3000 to a given POSB acct.....................Fine! But the problem is I din owe anybody any money!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF is our SPF doing??? Simple thing like this cannot solve for so many years!!

fwah ahlong chin ho tarn hor? never owe $ also must pay...so next time ah long new spray logo become DO$AP$ (didnt owe $ also pay $) :biggrin:

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal
halo jit bai ah long runner long zong jiu hu kia end ft boh kia zeng hu choo no burn long house i worlee hor

scbccb

Alfrescian
Loyal

halo mai zho ga boh bian zho boh siang hor

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look like the loanshark had cross the line. somebody will have to come out answer. SSB will have to produce result for this case.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look like the loanshark had cross the line. somebody will have to come out answer. SSB will have to produce result for this case.

Not SSB.....loan shark already got own dedicated task force....useless as usual.
I suspect this is a case of wrong address.
Granted ah long do harass debtor neighbours but only if debtor kena first and no response.
And setting fire is not easily done....cost to ah long is $500.....market price to activate a commando to set fire.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Whom did the two flat owners voted for??, to get this kind of security for their homes??...your own house is not safe, where can it be safe? You have rioting ah nehs, escaped terrorist....now you get your house get burned!!:p